Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion

+23
Adit
Kamikaze692
RealGunner
Jack Daniels
Kaladin
Pedram
Nedved
shadexticos
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
Mamad
LeSwagg James
rwo power
Zealous
LeVersacci
izzy
titosantill
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
Valkyrja
terrance511
Cyborg
Onyx
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Bale does not come down and defend. That is the problem

Why do you think Xabi criticised the fact that we weren't defending as a team??? because our defending became so disjointed with only 3 midfielders and defence doing the defending duty. Benz is not supposed to come down and defend but needs to pressure cbs and dms and he has done that very well, we all know ronaldo won't defend but having bale join his club is just too much. I will never forget Iniestas goal at the Bernabeu where the fack was Bale????

Bale did track back for the majority of the season, it's just he hasn't been doing it consistently recently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 pm

has he ever done it to the point where we felt wow what a defensively solid performance??? NO

Has he gotten back every now and again to add a body in our defensive third yet not actually defending???? YES

Has Ronaldo done the same????? YES

Fact is I don't trust him to give me a diciplined performance playing predominantly as a defensive winger but still asked to become the third forward when we attack, he just doesn't have Dimarias lungs to be able to do that although he can mix it up offensively something Dimaria fails to do because he only uses his left

Give me yesterday's line up next week any day. It is only one game, from then on we can play our 4-3-3 again. It is only against the posession wh*res we need to change the tactics to give us the best possible outcome all the while really showing them how posession football is useless if you can't create chances and the opposition team does
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Bale's actually told to track back though, Ronaldo isn't. It's why the LCM always covers the left flank when we're defending. He doesn't need to be a defensive expert to track back. All he needs to do is be part of the 2nd bank of 4, that's not hard at all. Wingers tracking back is a necessity.

Also Di Maria should never play on the right. His decision making is way too poor there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Bale not having the stamina? This is the kid who ran the 800 and 1600 in HS and couldve been an elite runner.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Bale has amazing stamina... hala gave a wrong explanation.

Yes bale does track back but not to the extent of Di Maria which is the basic point and i m sure every one agrees to that.

Given that we actually have a lead , we should play with Di Maria but last time he played in germany he was absolute pile ***** so im not really confident with Di Maria making in offensive impact any way.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Bale's actually told to track back though, Ronaldo isn't. It's why the LCM always covers the left flank when we're defending. He doesn't need to be a defensive expert to track back. All he needs to do is be part of the 2nd bank of 4, that's not hard at all. Wingers tracking back is a necessity.

Also Di Maria should never play on the right. His decision making is way too poor there.

I wish it was that easy No mate this isn't a fantasy this is the bloody reality

you cant just say "well I'll just put benzema as part of the midfield four because that's obviously equivalent to defending and phew problem solved now please win"

I agree about Dimaria anf the right side but in this kind of game its more important not to lose than to look spectacular attacking wise. We don't know how Isco would fair on the right so we are using dimaria aka the tried and tested and the safest option out of the lot of them. He is very good on the right but he is better on the left I can accept that but he is still one of our biggest threat all the while being one of the most annoying persons to attack against
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Bale not having the stamina? This is the kid who ran the 800 and 1600 in HS and couldve been an elite runner.

And??? I can't quite grasp the relevancy of that

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm

@Hala

You must have noticed that almost 90 % of Di Maria's brain dead performances comes in away games.

He gets affected by the crowd
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Adit wrote:@Hala

You must have noticed that almost 90 % of Di Maria's brain dead performances comes in away games.

He gets affected by the crowd

Or maybe it's because he is too direct, attacking when the others are keeping a shape running himself into five player when only benzema and Ronaldo are ahead of him

I do admit sometimes he makes the wrong decision or just loses the ball very cheaply at times but he wants the ball all the time and doesn't shy away from it ever. Bale has been better than him on the right and I attribute that to Bale not being afraid to use his right from time to time and knowing when to attack and when to pass it back to our midfielders. But with him there is a flaw and that he doesn't get involved, he spends most of the time stanring by the shoulder of the defence wanting to run onto a long ball. Thats not what he should do in a 4-3-3 he should drop deep and give our midfielders another outlet but this is his first season with us and I think he has been great all things considered

there are only 5 potentially 6 games left of the season. We should leave the formation debating till the summer and play the best possible line up depending on the opposition
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:05 pm

Ancelotti said we play with 3 mids, but defend in a 4-4-2 shape.

At his Friday press call, Carlo Anceloti was first asked about the comments from Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rumenigge, who gave a motivational speech to his players that Munich should be aflame and it will be hell for visiting Real Madrid next week, in the Champions League return leg. The Italian couldn’t resist a smirk and a cheeky response.

“We’re hoping that Munich will be burning on Wednesday when we’ve left, not on Tuesday.”

As for how Real Madrid set themselves out defensively as a team, against Bayern Munich, Ancelotti pointed more at the willingness of the players to adapt their shape during the game, to perform their defensive duties as a solid unit, rather than it being a particularly 4-4-2 oriented system he’d used.

“In some games defending with four is better, but it doesn’t mean that we’re playing with four midfielders. Defensive work is about sacrifice and all our players can do that. We might intend to play with four midfielders, even though we’re playing with Bale, Cristiano and Benzema.”

Asked if that approach will be repeated at the Allianz Arena next Tuesday, Ancelotti suggested it will be, but first their focus is on Saturday’s game against Osasuna and La Liga.

“We’ll try to defend with four in the middle and in the attacking phase, as we always are, with two wide players and a central striker. Today we’re not thinking about Tuesday though, just about beating Osasuna. We won’t change many things for the game on Tuesday.”

Tiredness is a factor, but Ancelotti believes it’s a hurdle his team are capable of overcoming.

“We’ll try to recover energy to will all our games. The effort against Bayern cost us a lot of energy, but hopefully we’ll be ready. We’ll chance things a little, but not too much, because this is a very important game for us in La Liga.”

Asked about Pep Guardiola and his brand of football with Bayern, Ancelotti pointed out that the Bayern Munich manager is a coach he very much respects, for what he’s offered football technically and tactically.

“I like him a lot. I think he’s brought some new things to football, with a very clear style, both at Barcelona and now at Bayern, where it’s possibly more complicated. A coach can be judged by the style of his team and the style of Bayern is very similar to that of Barcelona. That means that his work is very well defined.”

Following the sacking of Manchester United manager David Moyes this week, Ancelotti has been rumoured to be amongst the candidates to fill the post. He insists he’s entirely happy where he is right now, at Real Madrid.

“It this time I’m very happy at Real Madrid. I’m fortunate enough to be working at the best club in the world. I have a lot of respect for Manchester United, although I didn’t like what happened to Moyes, but my place is here.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 pm

No we'll still play 4 midfielders. It's just a question of who plays.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm

I hope he doesn't play them all because of their names if he is not confident they can keep a defensive shape. That said I trust him to do what's best

btw the 4-4-2 is only when we don't have the ball with both Barca and Bayern being posession wh*res it might look like we started with a 4-4-2 formation which is not true because the rw pushes up to create a 4-3-3 when we attack. It's going to look the same on Tuesday because we aren't going to see alot of the ball
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 pm

i hope bale and ronaldo dont play start cos we would lose that balance.
i actually wish morata can start cos he presses so hard, he wouldnt give the midfielders time on the ball and this could work to our advantage

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:09 pm

The Champions League is drawing to a close and only two teams will be able to take part in final in Lisbon. Carlo Ancelotti is optimistic and proved to be so in an interview for the Champions League magazine. “This is a very important competition for Real Madrid, mainly because if we win the title it will be the club's tenth European Cup. That would be really special for everyone. And the sooner we win the better. It would be incredible if I was able to win it in my first year".

“We have improved a lot since the start of the season. This team is very strong going forward and possesses top quality players, and we are working hard to make the most of that. At the moment our style of play is well defined and we are playing well in matches and are able to be very efficient in attack”.

The 4-3-3
“It allows us to play an attacking game that makes the most of our players' abilities. We exploit the wings a lot, we have defenders who push forward a lot and help out in attack, so it's not all based on individual skill. It is a team effort".

“The system has been adapted to suit the characteristics of our players. We have great players up front, like Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo, and by using this system we can get the most out of them. Benzema sometimes plays in the hole, dropping deep to receive the ball, but sometimes midfielders like Modric, Isco, and Di María occupy that role".

WE HAVE TO TRY TO WIN ANOTHER TITLE, WHETHER IT BE LA LIGA OR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

“Our best performance in the Champions League so far this season was the first leg against Schalke 04. We won easily and played well. At this stage in the competition the psychological aspect is more important than tactics. We have to be strong mentally in order to do our best to reach the final”.

Fourth semifinal in a row
“If we use our bad experiences in the right way they can help us to improve and motivate us to be even stronger. After reaching three consecutive semifinals I think Real Madrid deserves to make the final, but that is something that depends on us and only us".

The Borussia Dortmund tie
“The second leg was very tough. It was a surprising game for us. But fortunately, despite not playing well, we were still able to reach the semifinals. That was a good experience for us, because it means that no matter how easily you win the first leg you can never rest on your laurels in the Champions League”.

A possible third Champions League title as a coach
"It is the most important competition in the world and I've had the good fortune of winning it as a player and as a manager. It was an amazing experience and for the joy it brings all the hard work in trying to win it again is worth it. This competition is as important as ever".

Sergio Ramos
“He is a player with a great personality and was practically born here, given how much he knows about the club. His performances have been vital in some games, and his presence on the pitch is enormous. He also instils courage in the rest of the team. He is a very valuable player".

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Squad for 2nd leg:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López and Jesús.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo, Carvajal and Nacho.
Midfielders: Bale, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Morata.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:27 pm

shadexticos wrote:i hope bale and ronaldo dont play start cos we would lose that balance.
i actually wish morata can start cos he presses so hard, he wouldnt give the midfielders time on the ball and this could work to our advantage

You're kidding. Because you realize we need a goal to seal the deal.
I doubt Bayern are going to sit back at their home and let us attack.

That would be suicide and there'd be no hope of reaching the final if we field a lineup without Bale or Ronaldo and Morata up top.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 pm

We have to do it. #ladecima
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:59 am

So hyped for tomorrow.. Is this the first lead we've had in the semi's after the first-leg in the last 3 years?

Our core has been through a lot these past 3 years, I think they will pull through here..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:So hyped for tomorrow.. Is this the first lead we've had in the semi's after the first-leg in the last 3 years?

Our core has been through a lot these past 3 years, I think they will pull through here..

Yup, first time we have the advantage coming into the second leg.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

It's now or never. #laDecina
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Carlo Ancelotti appeared before the press a little over 24 hours before the second leg of the Champions League semi-final. The Italian coach discussed the match against Bayern Munich: “I don't think I'll change much tactically tomorrow compared to the first-leg game.

Tactics are not the most important aspect, the mental side is and the desire we have to reach the final. In the first leg we were very cagey at first and starting like that would be very dangerous. The most important thing is that we have to work together in this type of game. The strikers defend and the defenders attack”.

“I see a football match with two teams with different philosophies because of the characteristics of their players. With strikers like Bale, Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo it is tricky to play with possession because they need spaces. That's why football is so attractive. Everyone has their idea and I personally believe football with quick turnovers is better”.

Thinking they have reached the final
“I don't think anyone is so superficial as to think that we have already won. Tomorrow's game is very tough. We're playing a great team and we have a small advantage from the first leg, but we have to enjoy it. We're not stupid enough to think we've already won”.

“We're focusing on winning the match and what's happening elsewhere is unimportant. Rummenigge said that trees will burn and it's raining. Everything can change very quickly”.

The fans who make the trip from Madrid
“We need as many people as possible and bags of energy. A large part of the victory against Barcelona in the cup was thanks to the atmosphere. The number of fans is not as important as their quality. We do not have the advantage playing here. That is clear. Bayern also have fans who really love their team”.

A team of athletes
“I don't think they were disrespectful words because we have top-class athletes and footballers with a high level of fitness. That much is evident. In most matches we try to be attacking. We need quick turnovers to give the strikers a chance to make the most of their technical and physical strengths”.

“OUR INTENTION IS TO PLAY THE MATCH TO SCORE BECAUSE THAT IS OUR STRENGTH”
“We have scored a lot of goals in the Champions League and La Liga and that is our intention tomorrow. Catenaccio is not a bad word for Italians because it is something that brought us a lot of success. Every game is different. The match with Dortmund was a one-off and we have to play our best and try everything”.

Di María's versatility
“He's having a fantastic season adapting to a new position. He's a very important player because I can use him in different positions on the pitch and we're very happy with his work”.

Bale's season
“The good news is that the whole squad is mentally and physically fit. I have to choose eleven but as it's not the most important thing so I won't reveal it. It's not a new question. I'm very happy with Bale's season. We're convinced he will keep getting better”.

Ramos and Alonso are on warnings
“They're very professional. That's football. We all need to work hard to reach the final”.

Alaba's strengths
“He is tactically, technically and physically very good and he's a complete player. After Marcelo and Coentrão he's one of the best left-backs around”.

Offers from other clubs
“Speaking about that now is not good. I don't need contact with clubs because I intend to stay at Real Madrid for a long time. Real Madrid is my club and I'm happy here”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Carlo admitted that Marcelo is the best :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 pm

We are going in hell to reach the heaven tonight. #VamosPorLaDecima
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Let's do this boys. Proud

#LaDecima
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Kroos; Robben, Müller, Ribéry; Mandzukic

Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Alonso, Modric, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next