neuro11
free_cat
windkick
futbol
Winter is Coming
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

UCL | QF 2nd Leg | Atletico Madrid V Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL | QF 2nd Leg | Atletico Madrid V Barcelona

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:16 pm

sree999 wrote:Messi covered 6.7 kms as compared to neymar who covered 9.8 . Wow

Koke literally ran twice as much distance. I am tired of his bullocks effort and all the people ready to give every excuse in the world for him.

Anyway...I wasnt depressed so much as I was just tired of the same old crap. This started ages ago with the failure to update the squad properly and in turn, keep the correct players.

I repeat myself too much as it is, but I will do it one more time here...selling David Villa to rival was a amazing idea.

I think if anyone wasnt sure, its pretty clear there are a number of players in the team that are failing to produce what is required, be that on a consistent basis, on the highest level or whatever.

Atletico molested us early..all that bluster of first goal completely blown away. The contrast in their speed, effort, intensity and defensive team work compared to ours..well you saw.

I wont pick out individuals to blame, I learnt nothing new about the players (good and bad) that I already didnt know.

It seems like Martino is too weak or too stupid to pick the positions of players better, or change it correctly, or even correct what needed correcting.

The saddest part of the night for me was probably the most feeble attempts to find a goal from a Barca side I seen in a very long time, that final 10+ minutes of useless highballs and crosses.

Like that was ever gonna work.

Dani Alves made a couple superb crosses in the game, no argument...but that as a steady diet to attack..I was just thinking, cant we lose with some dignity at least.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UCL | QF 2nd Leg | Atletico Madrid V Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL | QF 2nd Leg | Atletico Madrid V Barcelona

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:35 am

Franchise who do you think needs to be replaced? Cesc we already know.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:20 am

Doc wrote:
CBarca wrote:Now people are also going to think Real Madrid and Chelsea are better than us, too. We have holes in our squad that need filling, everyone can see that. But I'm not sure how both those teams are in the semi's when neither team is even that good...better draws I guess.

I know it's hard to admit a rival is any good but both said teams are that good to make it to the semis whether you wanna recognise it or not.

Both teams are overrated. Madrid lost twice to this Barca team, what does that tell you?

Chelsea on the other hand remind me of Madrid last season. They'll fight valiantly but end up trophyless because they really aren't the greatest team the PL has ever seen led by Super Hazard the GOAT like GL makes it seem. I even like Hazard. They're both good teams, but they really aren't that good. Bayern is a class above them both. I rate Atletico higher than both, too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:40 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Franchise who do you think needs to be replaced? Cesc we already know.

Pinto, Tello, Song, Mascherano, Alba and Montoya. Wouldnt be unhappy about Sergi Roberto going either though he hasnt done anything particularly wrong.

Its true that it doesnt matter who goes if we play with poor tactics and decisions like we did vs Atletico, but in terms of personale, though guys and Cesc, for me, have basically no use or are holding the rest back.

It is also true that it wont matter if Messi doesnt stop the half efforts, especially in his movement without the ball.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:20 pm

There is an interesting article from Cruyff I posed in general chat were he spoke about the Barcelona board are calling all the shots and coach doesn't get much say, even when Pep was here. Perhaps its one thing that's restricting our coaches?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:There is an interesting article from Cruyff I posed in general chat were he spoke about the Barcelona board are calling all the shots and coach doesn't get much say, even when Pep was here. Perhaps its one thing that's restricting our coaches?

Pep had to be restricted. His transfers were atrocious to say the least.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:11 pm

I want Messi sold.This game was the last straw.That was the most disgraceful performance from a player I have ever seen.i mean who the hell does the punk think he is? he owes the club everything and yet every single game he walks around as if he owns the pitch.I want the punk sold but before he is sold he needs to be taught a lesson. For the rest of the games,bench him,play Tello instead and then sub him off for the punk in the 89th minute.Every single game.That ought to teach him a lesson.
Sell him,buy Suarez,couple of world class CB's,a Xavi replacement and we are the best team in the world again.Suarez is a far better player than him nowadays anyway and would offer far more to our side and give us that extra dimension.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 pm

you need to drink some coolaid alex, you are suggesting selling Messi to replace him with Suarez. I think your team has more pressing concerns...

and in any case, you can sign anyone till january 2016 Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:45 pm

I dont need to drink anything.And the punk is our biggest concern.I am sick of us playing with 10 men almost every match.We sell him,buy Suarez,go back to pressing like a pack of dogs and half our problems are solved.Right now Suarez can do everything Messi does and works hundred times harder.
The rest of the problems can be solved by buying 2 WC CB's and a Xavi replacement.

The Atletico game proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that team greater than individuals.I am surprised you would say this considering you face pretty much the same problem with CR in your team.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:56 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I want Messi sold.This game was the last straw.That was the most disgraceful performance from a player I have ever seen.i mean who the hell does the punk think he is? he owes the club everything and yet every single game he walks around as if he owns the pitch.I want the punk sold but before he is sold he needs to be taught a lesson. For the rest of the games,bench him,play Tello instead and then sub him off for the punk in the 89th minute.Every single game.That ought to teach him a lesson.
Sell him,buy Suarez,couple of world class CB's,a Xavi replacement and we are the best team in the world again.Suarez is a far better player than him nowadays anyway and would offer far more to our side and give us that extra dimension.

UCL | QF 2nd Leg | Atletico Madrid V Barcelona - Page 3 Jaguars-fan-gif_original

Without Messi, Barca will fall back into mediocrity.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:03 pm

You are right.The Atletico team we have played 6 times this season have taught us just that :facepalm: 
The same Atletico who are league leaders and in the CL semis at our expense.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Let's be honest here, Messi has been carrying Barcelona for over 3 seasons now. He has single handedly tore up opposition defenses time and time again. So what if he doesn't track back? It's not like it's part of his job to cover for Alves who regularly gets caught out of position.

If you wanna blame someone, blame Martino for playing Fabregas.
Blame Alves for constantly losing the ball in dangerous areas.
Blame Xavi and Busquets for being too slow.

etc.

Last edited by Brady2Moss on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:There is an interesting article from Cruyff I posed in general chat were he spoke about the Barcelona board are calling all the shots and coach doesn't get much say, even when Pep was here. Perhaps its one thing that's restricting our coaches?

Its irrelevant how good or bad his transfers were. When you silence the coaches opinion, especially one of the best of all time, then your asking for trouble.

And the transfers since Pep have worse anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:Let's be honest here, Messi has been carrying Barcelona for over 3 seasons now. He has single handedly tore up opposition defenses time and time again. So what if he doesn't track back? It's not like it's part of his job to cover for Alves who regularly gets caught out of position.

Laughing

You got to be kidding me with this?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Fans of Messi, not Barcelona, there is no need to argue those kinds of comments really is there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

Its irrelevant how good or bad his transfers were. When you silence the coaches opinion, especially one of the best of all time, then your asking for trouble.

Sometimes, as a president, you gotta those kinda of decisions. Chygrynsky HAD to be sold for the good of the club.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:42 pm

izzy wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:Let's be honest here, Messi has been carrying Barcelona for over 3 seasons now. He has single handedly tore up opposition defenses time and time again. So what if he doesn't track back? It's not like it's part of his job to cover for Alves who regularly gets caught out of position.

Laughing

You got to be kidding me with this?

Which part do you disagree with?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

Sometimes, as a president, you gotta those kinda of decisions. Chygrynsky HAD to be sold for the good of the club.

Totally wrong. However bad he was, you can put him on the bench (like he was) and no harm is done.

Once you try and shout over the coach, the damage is done.

Presidents (it wasnt actually the president but Zubi (sports director), but him too) trying to tell the coach who he does and doesnt need is just fail and a poor order of things. If Pep says he wants him, you keep him and shut up until he says otherwise.

Pep had more than earnt that anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:49 pm

yeah lets blame Xavi and Alves,the 2 guys who always give their all no matter what.Lets blame the 34 year old xavi who looked like he was the one trying hardest from our side and probably our best player on the night.
Lets blame Alves who created 2 great chances on the night and again was trying all game long.
Lets blame the 2 greatest competitors on our squad who always put in the effort and give the lazy bum a free pass because he has won us so much(As if he alone was responsible for those trophies).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Totally wrong. However bad he was, you can put him on the bench (like he was) and no harm is done.

Once you try and shout over the coach, the damage is done.

Presidents (it wasnt actually the president but Zubi (sports director), but him too) trying to tell the coach who he does and doesnt need is just fail and a poor order of things. If Pep says he wants him, you keep him and shut up until he says otherwise.

Pep had more than earnt that anyway.

Giving a coach leeway to do as he pleases with regards to transfers is definitely not a way to run the club. Pep would've bankrupted Barca had he been allowed total control. Even now, Barca still haven't recovered from the Etoo + money for Zlatan transfer. Probably the worst decision in footballing history from a financial point of view!

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Rubbish that is.

First of all, blaming Pep alone for Ibra is insane. It was a well publised joint decision which included coach, sporting director, president and even Cruyff.

Second, you have failed to refer to the points I made anyway.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

alexjanosik wrote:yeah lets blame Xavi and Alves,the 2 guys who always give their all no matter what.Lets blame the 34 year old xavi who looked like he was the one trying hardest from our side and probably our best player on the night.

Xavi and Alves did absolutely nothing against Atletico. Both were liabilities on the night.

How many times did Alves lose the ball allowing Atletico to break away? How many times was Alves caught out of position?

Lets blame Alves who created 2 great chances on the night and again was trying all game long.

How many crosses did Alves put in that night? How many reached their target?

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Lets blame the 2 greatest competitors on our squad who always put in the effort and give the lazy bum a free pass because he has won us so much(As if he alone was responsible for those trophies)

Messi is at least 50% responsible for those trophies. Without his goals, where would Barca be today?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:Rubbish that is.

First of all, blaming Pep alone for Ibra is insane. It was a well publised joint decision which included coach, sporting director, president and even Cruyff.

Second, you have failed to refer to the points I made anyway.

What points have you actually made? None.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Xavi made a fantastic pass to Neymar who was 1 v 1 with the goalie which the goalie reches, then your boy refuses to use his right foot and the chance dies. And on the night Xavi made 100 passes, every one of them reached their target.

Dani Alves layed a golden chance on a plate to Messi, who heads it wide.

Add in the Neymar pass, Messi missed 3 of the best chances of the night. The Alves cross header and Neymar pass especially, were fantastic chances.

No points? Ok, guy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Messi is under enormous pressure to do well in the World Cup this season. He's been injured for the first half of the season and wants to be sure he is in top shape in Brazil. He's not gonna give 100% this season to Barca, and it's actually understandable. He's 26. Next WC he'll be 30 and who knows how things gonna be in 4 years, this is his opportunity to become a legend forever, lifting the WC for Argentina in Brazil gonna be crazy.

Give the guy a break, it's not his fault the club didn't do the required transfers to ensure it can function without him single-handedly winning every game.

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Xavi made a fantastic pass to Neymar who was 1 v 1 with the goalie which the goalie reches, then your boy refuses to use his right foot and the chance dies. And on the night Xavi made 100 passes, every one of them reached their target.

Dani Alves layed a golden chance on a plate to Messi, who heads it wide.

Add in the Neymar pass, Messi missed 3 of the best chances of the night. The Alves cross header and Neymar pass especially, were fantastic chances.

No points? Ok, guy.

Xavi completes 100 passes but only manages to create one measly chance.

Koke, on the other hand, completes only 40 passes but manages to create 3 chances.

What can we conclude from those stats? Most of Xavi's passes are useless. This "tika taka" obsession that Barca have is ruining the team. Atletico Madrid only had like a 34% possession on Wed but managed to create twice as many chances as Barca. What use is hogging the ball is you can't do anything with it? Just endless sideways/backwards passing all night long...

PS. Xavi had 0 tackles, 0 clearances, 0 interceptions, 0 and 0 blocks yet people here go on about Messi being lazy? Should he be more like Xavi and chase shadows all night?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next