Swanhends
zizzle
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Lord Spencer
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Udinese; why art thou being stupid? - Page 2 Empty Re: Udinese; why art thou being stupid?

Post by uzonero Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 am

awalezelin wrote:at least, udinese should keep 1 core player

the most influential one

so they can fight for next season trophy

at least, italian cup
di natale isn't leaving any time soon but in the absence of sanchez and the other core players, there'd be too much weight on his shoulders

uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Udinese; why art thou being stupid? - Page 2 Empty Re: Udinese; why art thou being stupid?

Post by S Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:52 am

i am not aware of the scenario the last time udinese qualified for the champions league..

but i agree with whatever bhends has said it here..they have not really been a club that challenges for trophies or atleast the ambition in winning them..

and it is quite evident in their transfer policy..it definitely derails serie a's quest for regaining the 4th cl spot no doubt..well thats how pozzo runs the club and has been doing it for the past 25 years..champions league this year was just a bonus and nothing else..

but atleast finding unknown talents ,developing them and selling them for a huge profit can be much appreciated to be honest..

and there are also plans to renovate the friuli stadium..perhaps this can be considered as an excuse..so that they can finance the stadium project without any real problems..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 am

dont rate them as u think they can do something..
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

I said there would be a fire sale and people didn't believe me. Cool

Anyway, I can't knock them. This cash will be used scrupulously and will secure the club for many years to come. But the question is that while they earned their CL spot with great performances from their key players (Inler, Di Natale, Sanchez, Zapata, Isla, Handanovic.) don't they owe it to actually attempt to compete?

As I said months ago the idea that they can then immediately go and find another Sanchez, another Zapata, Another Inler...It's a false sense of security.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Teams like Udinese, who shame Italian football, should not be allowed to participate in European cups, however they finish in the league. The last time they were in the CL, they did the same thing, they sold their best players before the season started and then and even refused to play the crappy/young first string players in the CL matches to save them for Serie A.

A real pathetic club with pathetic owner. Napoli, on the other hand, will go all out for the CL, as a comparison. They bought one of Udinese's top players ffs. What team going into the CL sells one of their top players to a club from the same country that is also going into the CL. Pathetic.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 pm

This is sad, but it is to be expected following Juventus and Romas poor season. Italy is still waiting for the old lady to come back to its former self, and meanwhile, we have to watch Udinese get mauled by poor german teams in the coming CL Im afraid:S
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2