Swanhends
zizzle
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Lord Spencer
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Udinese; why art thou being stupid? Empty Udinese; why art thou being stupid?

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:05 am

We all know that Udi is a selling club. They buy cheap talent, improve, and sell for a profit. I thought the trend will change with their introduction into the CL. But the owners went the secure way and continued with their selling.

I expect them to bring in a number of rough talent players. But can these players make a difference when you sell the rocks of last season. Really, do Udi in any way wish to compete for or win the Scudetto, or reach anywhere in the CL. Or do they look at it in a purly econimical matter.

Discuss
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Udinese; why art thou being stupid? Empty Re: Udinese; why art thou being stupid?

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 am

Udinese; why art thou being stupid? Mexico-drug-money2
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Udinese; why art thou being stupid? Empty Re: Udinese; why art thou being stupid?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 am

the one team i want in my CL group now Smile, easy 6 pts
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 am

Ganso wrote:Udinese; why art thou being stupid? Mexico-drug-money2

well put

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 am

Since 1896 Udinese has won a Serie C title and an Intertoto Cup

Thats it. They are not a club that challenges for trophies.

And for the record, selling Sanchez is fantastic business.
They're about to make 40 million Euros on a player who is currently a one season wonder in Serie A who struggled badly to adapt in his early years...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:13 am

sell zapata, sell sanchez and play 6 champions league games and if there lucky get into the round of 32 of the europa league

for club like udinese that is mega mega mega $$

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:15 am

we can forget about getting that forth CL spot back
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:16 am

Money now=good future,cant blame them tbh
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 am

zizzle wrote:we can forget about getting that forth CL spot back
just a matter of time.cant see many German teams going too far in CL.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:18 am

if they really wanted to make money they would hold on to a few players for 1 year and try to win a trophy

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 am

Ganso wrote:
zizzle wrote:we can forget about getting that forth CL spot back
just a matter of time.cant see many German teams going too far in CL.

but they do amazingly well in Europa League while the italians dont even bother to try
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 am

They are losing good players but I can see them signing some good young talent.
They've got some good South American scouts.

mmk
good.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 am

They already got a replacement for Sanchez... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:18 am

So we are not looking at club looking to compete. I agree that Sanchez is great buisness, and is not that great of a sporting suicide, but selling the entire backbone is.

Thanks bhends for that info, we can see that Udi are nit really intrested in victory or trophys. Some can see this as an investment to the future, but you invest to the future by building a strong fanbase, or by grabbing the attention of bored rich men. I see this as a massive FU to their fans.

Andit sucks that the rest of Italy will have to suffer for their "buisness".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 am

cnt forget the fact Udinese are getting a ton of players back from Granada many of whom have done very well to get promoted
im pretty sure there is a replacement in there somewhere
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 am

punkfusion1992 wrote:cnt forget the fact Udinese are getting a ton of players back from Granada many of whom have done very well to get promoted
im pretty sure there is a replacement in there somewhere

you cant really replace proven players like sanchez, inler, and zapata with promosing yougsters, especially if you're playing in the champions league

the way i see it they're just signing a new generation of future cash flows. thats how Udinese has always been and thats what they'll always do

edit: check this article for more info on Udinese's business model

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2011/01/25/2322242/the-story-behind-the-udinese-model-and-why-it-puts-inter-ac

they're great and bringing youngsters up, but they do it for the wrong reasons
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:36 am

Lord Spencer wrote:We all know that Udi is a selling club. They buy cheap talent, improve, and sell for a profit. I thought the trend will change with their introduction into the CL. But the owners went the secure way and continued with their selling.

I expect them to bring in a number of rough talent players. But can these players make a difference when you sell the rocks of last season. Really, do Udi in any way wish to compete for or win the Scudetto, or reach anywhere in the CL. Or do they look at it in a purly econimical matter.

Discuss

Healthy economics = secure future

When smaller teams get greedy and put competitiveness on the field too far ahead of healthy finances, you greatly increase the risk of coming crashing down. Portsmouth, for example.

I feel Udinese are doing the right thing by continuing their selling policy.
Yes, it might be boring and disappointing on the short-term, but really pays off in the long-term.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:44 am

I hate to say it,but it would have been better if Lazio had qualified for the champions league instead of Udinese...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Milano_Hustler Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:47 am

Idiots. Need to get that 4th CL spot back from ze germans.

Milano_Hustler
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 am

Art Morte wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:We all know that Udi is a selling club. They buy cheap talent, improve, and sell for a profit. I thought the trend will change with their introduction into the CL. But the owners went the secure way and continued with their selling.

Discuss

When smaller teams get greedy and put competitiveness on the field too far ahead of healthy finances, you greatly increase the risk of coming crashing down. Portsmouth, for example.

Yes, it might be boring and disappointing on the short-term, but really pays off in the long-term.

What you are saying is true, which is why I am not criticizing the Sanchez transfer, which will bring heaps of cash. However, the other transfers are hardly mouth watering. Yes, they need financial stability, but they also need to prove their competetivness to their fans and investors.

To summerize, Sanchez\s deal is sound in both an economical and sporting view. However, Zapata and whomever they are selling for little profit is only sensible in an economical view, and bad in the sporting side.

You do not invest in the future by selling your present. You also need reputation to attract players. Not everyone can buy rep ala City.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 am

but they are smart as well they only sell when they have replacement, i mean you should give them a chance and see how they play this first few months
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 am

The Fonz wrote:I hate to say it,but it would have been better if Lazio had qualified for the champions league instead of Udinese...
same feelings here

at this rate, i don't see udinese making the champions league group stages
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:02 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Discuss

What you are saying is true, which is why I am not criticizing the Sanchez transfer, which will bring heaps of cash. However, the other transfers are hardly mouth watering. Yes, they need financial stability, but they also need to prove their competetivness to their fans and investors.

To summerize, Sanchez\s deal is sound in both an economical and sporting view. However, Zapata and whomever they are selling for little profit is only sensible in an economical view, and bad in the sporting side.

You do not invest in the future by selling your present. You also need reputation to attract players. Not everyone can buy rep ala City.

Well yeah, you should have a balance and not just sell every core player you can get decent money out of.
But since I don't really know Udinese's squad I can't really estimate myself when they're selling too many players - I hope they aren't. I guess next season will show.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 am

at least, udinese should keep 1 core player

the most influential one

so they can fight for next season trophy

at least, italian cup
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:20 am

awalezelin wrote:at least, udinese should keep 1 core player

the most influential one

so they can fight for next season trophy

at least, italian cup
di natale isn't leaving any time soon but in the absence of sanchez and the other core players, there'd be too much weight on his shoulders
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next