mr-r34
Fahim89
McAgger
El Chelsea Fuerte
DeletedUser#1
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 Empty Re: Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC

Post by stevieg8 Mon 17 Mar - 0:43:31

Art Morte wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:I'm fecking hammered boys hahahahaha, and it's only 3PM

StevieG was as well, I've had a few as well, we're allowed to, it's a great day, did the double over United eco smile

To our best season since 08/09, cheers!

Art I can promise you the sacrifice was worthwhile, but I really would like a link to a full download of the match to watch tonight. drinking I think LFC fans deserve to celebrate tonight.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 Empty Re: Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 0:46:50

Stev I'll get you a link.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 0:48:51

Stev here. Bunch of different links. Choose whatever channel you want. NBCS commentary was terrible, so I wouldn't go with that.

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthread.php?216553-FUTBOL-Premier-League-Manchester-United-vs-Liverpool-16-03-2014
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 17 Mar - 0:50:08

Guys. Hey, guys. Guys. Did you hear it? We won 3 - 0 at Old Trafford today. 3 - 0. I kid you not.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon 17 Mar - 1:00:47

Thank you McAgger cheers
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon 17 Mar - 1:53:18

Only managed like 2 hours of sleep, eyes cant stay open for more than 5 seconds at work, who gives a shit, we beat yaniteddddddddd.

All my united mates are soo buthurtttttt, what a frecking day. 2 games will decide our tittle run, any loss that's not to chelsea or city after this point is total disappointment.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 2:16:08

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 13205787793_d4d7db3001_o

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 13206103984_3cda120f9e_o

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 13206052863_7eff2e71e3_o

These ones ain't mine

Spoiler:

Last edited by McAgger on Mon 17 Mar - 2:43:13; edited 2 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 2:28:51

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 Bi3O3l3IcAAP9WB
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 17 Mar - 2:42:46

Have to say that Henderson was our best player today. Amazing performance by the whole team. Our defending was great, and we kept ManUre going back most of the game. Suarez and Sturridge were a bit wasteful at times, but Suarez still shone through.

Tears to my eyes after this game.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon 17 Mar - 3:37:38

DAT Superpool. :bow: Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 17 Mar - 8:38:50

mr-r34 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:I was supposed to get some sleep before the game. I'm going to die at work tomorrow. None the less, let's smash this manc scum.

Raheem will destroy Evra. SAS to score. Hopefully Fellaini plays in central midfield with mata again. Proud

Scared of Wayne though, he has the ability to win this tie on his own. :/

i'm ganna be on 3 hours of sleep as well, but *bleep* me this is too good mate.

Worth it. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 17 Mar - 8:45:52

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 DWzsxa5

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 VUnCmZh

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 Vr7az5n

Moyeschester United vs. Liverpool FC - Page 5 RrGABuN

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 17 Mar - 12:16:39

Rodgers on Flanagan:

"I think what has been impressive with Jon, from my perspective, is in the big games he's performed," the 41-year-old reflected.

"He's a young player who has had to bide, but I've watched him closely on the training field and his development, and with the exercises we do with the ball and technique, he's become better.

"He's been able to tactically implement that into his game. He's a very, very important member of our squad. He can play right-back, he can play left-back, and as you can see he is tactically very good.

"He is hard to beat in a duel and is very, very committed. It's great to see young players like that develop and get better."

I think he did good to stay composed after that yellow card and played very aggressive and he makes good runs, won few balls for us and pressurised them like a mad dog running after a bone :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 17 Mar - 12:35:08

I think I mentioned it already after the game, but yeah, Flanagan stepped up his game in this match. Wasn't as naive as in some previous games and even got forward better than in recent times. Hopefully he will take his decision-making from this game to our upcoming games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 17 Mar - 13:08:35

Rodgers on Moyes' claim MUFC were not favourites. 'I would never say that at Liverpool [at Anfield] even if I was bottom of the league'"
rofl Rodgers Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 17 Mar - 13:11:41

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:*bleep* WOMEN KEEPING ME FROM SEEING THIS GAME

SOMEONE SEND ME A *bleep* FULL MATCH DOWNLOAD AND LET'S WIN THE *bleep* TITLE.

There better have been several of them, physically restraining you from watching the match and promising you everything between heaven and hell, that's the only excuse I can accept :coffee:

If / when you failed to "please" them all, feel free to send them this way, k.
I could never ever manage to do that 'saying yes to a girl when Liverpool match is going on' hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon 17 Mar - 13:16:16

Guys stop being nice to mancs, i don't care how humble they are, we hate them.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 17 Mar - 14:07:00

Despite the win I wasn't all to happy with the performance. Rodgers at times tends to become a tad bit cocky in resorting back to a 4-3-3 to which does not current compliment the set-up of our players, especially when it was bound to face a counter-attacking 4-2-3-1 semantic by Moyes.

In the midfield, Gerrard within the 3 man would be restricted to an isolated DM role to which aside from his goals, had him bypassed in midfield and not allowed to gain as many touches on the ball as he would have liked. Henderson and Allen played the same role and frequently were without conviction on their role and positional interchange; Allen especially not finding channels to drift and control the game.

Biggest problem I had was up front in which Sterling and Sturridge were deployed as inside forwards, removing Sterling from his use of pace on the wide-right and putting Danny in an inside-forward role to which was used in mixed-results within Chelsea.

Sterling does not yet have the technique nor guile to play the role to which requires him to drift inside rather than hug the line creating width. He needs to work on his weaker left to which poses a problem during his limits when navigating the ball.

Suarez was deployed mostly on the shoulder of the United backline to which had him inevitably isolated in his 4-3-3 (as is the case with most strikers in 433 unless False 9) which is why he could not stamp his influence as per usual, also missing the inverse connection with Sturridge given the latter's role.

Even worse as putting Flano as an inside-fullback to which made our play even more narrow given there wasn't a reverse relation to his overlap attacker upfront.

How did we succeed? Well considering United is now a team of underachievers with an underachieving manager, we would not have lasted if there was a more shrewd tactician actually noting how many flaws we had in the first half, to which were taken away from the pressure of our goals. There was little need to scrap the semantic that worked so well for us and concede in the risk of playing an incongruent formation. I will be blasted for my negativity yet these are the instances in which Rodger's can carry himself away to drop points, to which he has a record of despite his attention to detail.

It is 0-3 and I am in the clouds as all of you, yet let it not digress from what could have been.

Nevertheless, we've beaten United twice this season and they haven't even scored a single goal vs us. It did not feel like a Liverpool-United tie given the lack of fight from Moyes side and how poor they actually are, taking away from some of the usual fervour behind this tie.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 17 Mar - 14:44:00

Arq, I think that was the most blatant diamond formation with Sterling in Coutinho's role ala S'ton game scratch

Am I the only who is the most happy when we win inspite of having a so-so performance. hmm I think we were brilliant yday in terms of character because we were not so fluid as generally we are and we kept patience and kept working, otherwise most of the times, we would score in the first 20min with the chances we had yday.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 17 Mar - 14:52:09

Sterling played in the tip of diamond .I thought the plan was to us Sterling's pace and and work rate against Carrick and Fellaini who are too slow and static.Rob their midfield of possesion and play in Suarez and Struddige who played on the shoulders of Vidic and Jones.

Same with both our full backs tucking inside and cutting out most of the diagonal (predictable) balls to Mata and Januzai which seemed United's only tactical plan.Its
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 17 Mar - 15:32:34

Rodgers on the tactics that undid United:

"I wanted to play and have superiority on the inside. I like to flood numbers around the middle of the field in order to control and dominate the game.

"Manchester United's centre-halves drop off, so we could exploit the space in front of that with Raheem's speed and then introduce Philippe [Coutinho] to the game.

"We worked it the other way against Southampton, where we felt that we could play through and get it into Philippe, who could then open the game up, then bring Raheem into it later when it opens up.

"In this game, because of the pitch and the nature of Manchester United, being at home they have to attack, it would allow us to get round the back of their midfield. For a young player of 19 years of age, he is developing really well tactically.

"Both boys on the side - Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen - were exceptional. They very rarely get mentioned, especially Joe Allen. But the tactical intelligence of both to play on the side of a diamond, with Steven just in behind controlling and dictating the tempo, was very good."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 17:25:39

Yeah the formation was most definitely 4-1-2-1-2 with a midfield diamond against United and Soton. What Rodgers is doing here is basically telling team come attack us down the wings with your fullbacks isolate your two CB's with SAS and we'll take our chances 2v2 Laughing

Plus it also strengthens us defensively and makes our pressing better with that extra body of Allen helping his mate Hendo in pressing and sharing defensive and ball retention responsibilities with Stevie.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 17:27:29

You can't say it's not working because we've scored 3 goals in both games and have kept clean sheets in both. But I think that formation is only for tough away games. Rodgers favorite home formation, the one that destroyed Everton and Arsenal is 4-3-3, with Coutinho and Hendo in the channels in front of Stevie.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 17 Mar - 17:46:00

I think against the likes of Cardiff or West Ham, i will definitely play 4-3-3. I think we will need more creativity to break their defense so we better get it little attacking from the start by including Sterling and Cou at the same time in the team and we should drop Allen

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 17 Mar - 18:09:57

Which is why we are so lucky Rodgers is so pragmatic. He's gotten so much better tactically as the season has wore on. At the beginning of the season he made some mistakes and he came out after the games and apologized and took the responsibility.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 17 Mar - 19:48:24

Yeah, Rodgers has definitely improved, we are using our players in a more versatile fashion nowadays and playing to their strengths. For instance, Gerrard's new role, Henderson no longer pushed to the wing, Sterling's development, the SAS.

I think we can still improve in that area, though, play slower, possession-based attacks if needed instead of fast ones all the time. Anyway, bar a complete collapse in the last nine games, this season will have been a success and we can be very happy with the state of the team and how we're playing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next