guest7
Hapless_Hans
matpol
neuro11
futbol
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CL: FC Barcelona 2 - Manchester City FC 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: CL: FC Barcelona 2 - Manchester City FC 1

Post by Khaled Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 pm

At Camp Nou:

CL: FC Barcelona 2 - Manchester City FC 1 - Page 2 Barca_1_0_RM_2009_10

Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

CL: FC Barcelona 2 - Manchester City FC 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: CL: FC Barcelona 2 - Manchester City FC 1

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:13 pm

I dont want to side with anyone, but as Khaled and dovtoesky said, and I say all the time.... there is just too much fast criticism. Although its true a lot of it are correct, but it seems the tone is exaggerrated as the jinxing practice is normal on this forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Specifically this 2-0 lead and playing at home.

Not that long left anyway with the season, 2 months or so left, can make conclusion about Tata then I think is better.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Khaled wrote:
@freecat lol I'll support this team and won't judge them until the last second of the season, we're still competing on all 3 competitions....

Sure, be like the father that doesn't do anything when his son arrives late at night every day and his clothes smell funny, and the end at the end of the quarter he fails every subject.
I prefer to scrutinize my team when the hints were there for all to see: we play like crap and have a worse league record than Espanyol this second round of the league.
Worse than Espanyol...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Donuts wrote:august we looked meh, the rest up until december was great, January was meh Feb till now was facepalm lets not overreact and base our whole season on a few weeks of bad form.

I agree though the team looks so unmotivated and zero ambition but when they put the national team shirt.. its a whole different story.
I honestly think Messi and company are just saving energy not trying 100% just so they don't injure themself to miss out on the world cup.

Also if the stuff about Iniesta is true I hope he doesn't play against City, he might not be fully there..

No, we never looked great for any period.
We looked great vs. Rayo at home, vs Levante at home, vs. Celtic at home and a couple other performances. But never for a run of games.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Barcelona should be too good for City at home, especially if City are chasing the game.

Don't let some bad results fool you, winning away games in La Liga is really complicated so I personally believe it has no bearing on how Barca play in the CL.

Having said all that the players are going to have to earn the positive result. You can't just expect to get good results just by showing up or you risk getting embarrassed.

Should be a fun game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 pm

When did criticizing the team mean you're a gloryhunter?

I'm positive about our chances of getting through to the next round and most should, but I wholeheartedly agree with those criticizing our general play recently, which has been at a level this team shouldn't be playing at.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:41 pm

I think Khaled is criticizing the defeatist attitude shown by fans in threads like these rather than the act of criticizing the team. Dem gloryhunters Mad

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Think there's overreaction here to some bad performances against smaller teams.

I have seen practically all the games against the bigger teams this year ( although admit that's all i have seen Laughing ) and in every single one you have never looked like losing and for the vast majority either won comfortably or looked like winning.

I still wouldn't rule out Barca coming up big when it matters most against the best teams as you have all season.

The fact that PSG, Madrid( hell you already beat them this season lol) and even Bayern annihilating you is laughable
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:We didnt look good 11 v 11 at all.

We looked even against the team in the EPL that has the best home record.

City didnt look great either no...so, two teams who didnt play a level either set of fans or coaches should be content with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:21 pm

I am not sure what bringing up the fact Pep Iniesta as a forward too means. We didnt like it then either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 pm

The Bernabeu picture was because of injuries anyway, not something Pep wanted to do as a tactical measure. See Puyol at rightback. Iniesta wasn't match fit and our forwards were all not available so Alves had to play upfront.

The second picture was our worst Clasico under Pep probably where Ibra rescued the day.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

No wonder people can't stand us. Do ya'll have any idea how spoiled we sound? I miss the pre Guardiola days when we weren't cosnidered the best team of all time and when we lost, the fans wouldnt flip out and start point fingers at everyone they could to justify how a club of our status could lose a match or even fathom it.

Let's be real here, we are 2-0 up on a team that just lost to Wigan. The idea of us not even putting one in at home (which should seal the deal) is not very likely. Ya'll need to relax a bit and have some faith in your team.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:45 am

How did someone lost faith here on the team ??? So you will ask me faithful if i say this team has everything to win three titles?? What about the people who few months ago were vocal about saying our defense to be good enough and brought a lot of stats to show that defensively we are one of top three !!! So they are the faithful loyal fans...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:01 am

khaled with his 'I'm the only true FCB supporter' speech  Laughing Laughing 

We will go through tonight but we won't win CL this season and you khaled can post bla bla bla how I don't believe in Barca and all this bs. I'm just a realistic person - with this squad and team level of performances this season there is no chance we will win CL. Cheers khaled and stop acting like you are the only supporter of Barcelona in the world.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 am

I dont see how being honest and saying an negative opinion of the level of the team is in any way spoilt or not supporting the team.

If anything, its being respectful to the team we used to be and by pretending there is no problems, to me, is actually being the worse fan. If you really cared about the fate of the team, you would probably be worried by what you are seeing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm

http://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jpg/4/3/previa-del-barcelona-manchester-city-los-octavos-final-champions-1394559529934.jpg

Oh dear God. If this is true then Tata Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm

LOL! Well...I hope it surprises them as much as it's surprising us lol

Tbh I don't think Cesc down the middle vs the likes of Lescott and Komapany is so bad. I mean if they are down the middle and all Messi has to focus on getting rid of is CLICHY then there could be more issues for them than for us here. This ofcourse only works if Cesc manages to feed Neymar and Messi properly which he won't lol

I could see Yaya having a big game, trying to prove us wrong for letting him go. And Aguero having a big game as he will try and out do his bff, Messi.

Out of all the players we have sold in the past years, I think Yaya is the one I miss the most and I wish we kept. We could of used his size, strength down the middle and is a gret box to box midfielder. Something we lack. Thiago could one day be the player I regret us losing more, but for now it's Yaya.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Surprise? I thought it was established by now that this is our big game formation. MD just got it wrong with Messi on the wing. It will be Cesc AM and Iniesta LW.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jpg/4/3/previa-del-barcelona-manchester-city-los-octavos-final-champions-1394559529934.jpg

Oh dear God.  If this is true then Tata Laughing

This is our line up LOL
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Messi owning Aguero Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Not a bad first half at all. We should've been up 2-0, or 3-0, but at least were playing pretty well and attractive.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:57 pm

I just got here but I'm pretty impressed City have 57% possession when we're playing with 4 midfielders.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Messi you GOAT! Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Iniesta, Messi, Alba and Alves all had great games. Cesc wasn't all that bad either.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Sign Kompany already...

Oh, and Piqué Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Special thanks to Zabaleta for not scoring off that Pique deflection.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next