Madvillain
shinigami99
CBarca
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sevilla - FC Barcelona | La Liga Matchday 23 | Feb 9th, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sevilla - FC Barcelona | La Liga Matchday 23 | Feb 9th, 2013

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Sevilla. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Sevilla - FC Barcelona | La Liga Matchday 23 | Feb 9th, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sevilla - FC Barcelona | La Liga Matchday 23 | Feb 9th, 2013

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:12 pm

LMAO

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Guys please say you are ashamed to be 3-1 up Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Funniest 3-1 I've ever seen. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:19 pm

The least deserving 3-1 we got in a while.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Crapregas to come on and mess the lead up.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Sevilla. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:39 pm

DAT TIKI TAKA. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Umad Sevilla? Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:53 pm

I have nothing to say about this game :facepalm:

Neymar pls come back
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Piqué and Montoya were woeful. Schoolboy errors from the back four. Bartra also made trademark mistakes (overcommitting to retrieve the ball) but overall played a much better match than his supposedly more experienced partner in defence.

Song barely put a foot wrong when in possession but without the ball he's clueless as to where to position himself, when to press, when to mark.

Pedro played well. Iniesta had a good match finally.

Messi was very good once he found his rhythm. Worked hard and scored two wonderful goals.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Worst Pique game of the season? I think so. How many times did we see him just stand in front of a Sevilla player and not even go for the tackle, or let a player make a run behind him, or let a much shorter player than him get a header instead of him? Where is the Pique that played against Atletico?

Montoya was awful as well, but that was to be expected based on recent performances. Adriano and Bartra were perfectly average but shined well ahead of their defensive teammates by comparison. As Dani said in the chat, Iniesta had to drop in to the box and solve defensive situations for them. Iniesta Laughing

Alexis, in spite of scoring and getting an assist, was ridiculously wasteful as well. Messi's walking is still there, clearly thinking "don't put an effort today or I might get injured for the WC" the entire 90 minutes.

Iniesta and Valdes were our best players tonight. Everyone else though...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Messi's walking is still there, clearly thinking "don't put an effort today or I might get injured for the WC" the entire 90 minutes.
No hurry, step by step. This match he ran more than previous 3 matches combined. Thumbs up 

But he should be careful with pressing, it is rumoured common knowledge that running can cause injuries :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 pm

that only means he didn't run at all in the previous 3 matches eco smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:that only means he didn't run at all in the previous 3 matches eco smile
I like what I see...I was about to give up hope in Messi but this match he proved me wrong. Yes he is no Pedro or Alexis in terms of work rate but that's Messi.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Messi had a much better game compare to last two match.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Xavi: "Messi? He's always decisive. People only tend to look at goals. Today he scored, but he also worked very hard, put pressure..."

ProudProudProud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Thumbs up

I remember last year Mourinho made a comment regarding Cristiano (Granada match I think, where Madrid played with 10 men from early on); he said something along the lines of "for me this was Cristiano's best match because even though he didn't score, he worked hard and I'd never seen him tired like this after a match".

I personally felt the same about Messi today. I want him to be mentally ready to give his all for Argentine come summer.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Btw are we playing R. Soc in 3 days or in March? ESPN has 2 different dates for the cup semifinal scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Btw are we playing R. Soc in 3 days or in March? ESPN has 2 different dates for the cup semifinal scratch

Return leg of the Cup semi-final is this week. La Liga game is after first leg against City (22nd February).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 am

It's hard to say someone didn't have a better game compared to the last two when he had 2 goals and an assist (albeit to someone offside), but I don't think Messi was much better.

More decisive, yes. Better in general play? Probably worse, until the last 20 minutes or so. I'd say for 60 minutes of that game what Messi did was lose the ball, walk around, and misplace passes. Until his first goal he was absolutely awful.

Messi was the perfect symbol for Barca today. Played like crap for the most part, but decisive enough to somehow get a goddamn 4-1 win.

Just so people can't claim I'm just picking on Messi, Pique and Montoya were terrible, agreed with BC. Bartra and Adriano better, but neither of them gave good performances either. We could have gave up around 6 goals, and SHOULD have gave up probably 3 or 4 with even halfway decent finishing from Sevilla. Xavi was average at best, I can agree Song was decent in possession but he was bad when not in possession and is lucky he didn't get sent off. I thought Iniesta had a good game, but nothing very noteworthy.

Pedro and Alexis were lively and did what they could defensively. Contributed in offense but I don't think either were noteworthy either. Agreed Alexis was very wasteful.

Valdes MOTM for me, but no one really deserves it.

I remember last year Mourinho made a comment regarding Cristiano (Granada match I think, where Madrid played with 10 men from early on); he said something along the lines of "for me this was Cristiano's best match because even though he didn't score, he worked hard and I'd never seen him tired like this after a match".

I personally felt the same about Messi today. I want him to be mentally ready to give his all for Argentine come summer.

I can agree a good thing about Messi today was that he worked harder than he had previously, off the ball he certainly improved, even though I still think he can work harder and should. On the ball I didn't see improvement, if anything I thought he was worse. Perhaps that's partially due to the pitch, who knows.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:15 am

Messi gets caught on the ball so often, its cringe worthy to watch and at times I had a sense of shame. If we were playing well aside from him it would be been frustration but he wasnt alone in dismal play.

I wont comment further on him or others, as everyone has already said it all.

What I say is, that game was horrible. We could of easily been out of it inside the first 30 minutes.

As I said on chat, its a sad and troubling time when our 2 forwards are better defensive players than the fullbacks and all 3 midfielders. I dont think any other club can claim this and it isnt something to be proud of.

Also think Tata dodged a big bullet here. He made zero changes, both in terms of tactics or subs, to the way in which we was getting owned out there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:11 am

Great result, LEADERS again, move on...

Best 3 players in the game:
Messi, Iniesta and Valdes.

Xavi was good, Song played better than I've expected.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:05 am

The Franchise wrote:

What I say is, that game was horrible. We could of easily been out of it inside the first 30 minutes.

As I said on chat, its a sad and troubling time when our 2 forwards are better defensive players than the fullbacks and all 3 midfielders. I dont think any other club can claim this and it isnt something to be proud of.

Also think Tata dodged a big bullet here. He made zero changes, both in terms of tactics or subs, to the way in which we was getting owned out there.

All Sevilla chances were down to individual mistakes from the backline. And amateurish ones at that. For the first goal Barca had what? 9 players around their own box? Yet Pique manages to suck in a nutmeg and a deflected shot goes in. I don't see how this can be blamed on tactics / lack of tactical changes or the midfield not defending enough. If Barca were getting raped on the counter leaving spaces behind - okay, blame the tactics. But that didn't happen. It was simply Pique being a scrub, something that isn't getting highlighted often enough.

Here are the extended highlights in HD:

Pique owned in 0:55.
Pique giving away a free header in 1:35.
Pique owned like a schoolboy again in 2:30 (simply embarrassing :facepalm:).

Pique alone (and no one else, not the tactics, not the midfield) conceded 3 golden opportunities. Add to that Montoya's f*ckup and it's 4, almost all of Sevilla's best chances.

Xaviesta is the savest midfield in the world. They rarely lose the ball, they stay with their markers 99 out of 100 times, they are tactically beyond intelligent how to close passing angles etc. and they put in a shift (as much as possible given their physical deficiencies). You can't ask for more cover from a midfield unless you play a double pivot consisting of physical defensive midfielders like Schweini and Martinez.

My hope is that Tata somehow flukes the treble with Messi, Iniesta and Neymar playing in godmode to win games 3-2, 4-2 etc. So he gains enough respect to buy his own players AND bench (better sell) idiots like Pique. The Oleguer of the Pep era who is here because he is Catalan and nothing else. No wonder Pep wanted him sold.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 am

Montoya is garbage. Glad to know we gave him an extension; our future is in good hands.....

Lets swap Alberto Moreno for Alba btw Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 am

I disagree that messi didn't run enough, IMO in this game and last one he found the healthy middle ground. Running much more would mean to be like the beginning of the season and he would get injured.

Man of the match: Alexis hump.

Xavi was quite poor too, as well as pique and Montoya.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next