Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ?

+9
Onyx
Raptorgunner
Tomwin Lannister
M99
Robespierre
Highburied
DeletedUser#1
LeBéninois
S
13 posters

Go down

What are they likely to achieve ?

Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Vote_lcap21%Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Vote_lcap36%Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Vote_lcap21%Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Empty Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ?

Post by S Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 am

Discuss :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Empty Re: Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ?

Post by LeBéninois Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:53 am

1st imo .
Suarez - Stu - Sterling + Coutinho would rip apart any Serie A defense. Juve might give a great fight tho.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ? Empty Re: Where would Liverpool finish if they played in Serie A ?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 am

Top 3. Our attack is everything most aerie A hates. Directness, speed and fluidity. Most Italian teams aren't used to such things and hence their struggles with English sides when they play in Europe.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:24 am

Just about the same as in EPL.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:17 am

Bénin wrote:1st imo .
Suarez - Stu - Sterling  + Coutinho would rip apart any Serie A defense. Juve might give a great fight tho.

Coutinho has already played in Serie A, and he  wasn't  influential
anyway Suarez-Sturridge is probably the best partnership in the world.
And no players in Serie A can go close to  Luis Suarez ......

I don't know if 1st but top 3 surely
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:11 pm

Top 3.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I'd say 3rd. Maybe 2nd depending on how Roma build on this season.

Fiorentina and Napoli their main rivals are pretty damn inconsistent.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:56 pm

First imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Top 3.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Suarez - Stu - Sterling  + Coutinho would rip apart any Serie A defense. Juve might give a great fight tho.

Most Serie A defenders don't have the small minded mentality that many PL defenders have (inb4MilanDefense)

I find that Serie A's defenses are more cohesive, they tend to limit attackers a lot and rarely give them the freedom to run rampart, as opposed to to PL

With that said, i believe Pool can finish 3rd, possibly 2nd even.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:11 pm

On paper, the small teams in Serie A are shit. But as a collective unit, you'd be surprised how annoying it is playing against these teams.

I really can't see them finishing first at all. We've dropped only 7 points so far this season and we obviously don't have to adapt to playing 10-0-0 counter attacking teams because we're more than used to it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:19 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

Most Serie A defenders don't have the small minded mentality that many PL defenders have (inb4MilanDefense)

I find that Serie A's defenses are more cohesive, they tend to limit attackers a lot and rarely give them the freedom to run rampart, as opposed to to PL

With that said, i believe Pool can finish 3rd, possibly 2nd even.

Agreed.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:23 pm

I think after 38 games Juve will definitely be ahead of us, they just don't lose many points, which I can't say the same about us. We are very injury prone over a season so possibly Roma as well going by current form of the Italian team. We don't struggle to score unless our whole team takes a break (which we do 3-4 times a year, like last week at WBA Sad ), so in general we shouldn't have a problem getting goals against teams that play defensively against us.

I'd say somewhere in the top 3 since Milan and Inter are doing so shit.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah top 3 is realistic

Like I said, the competition nowadays would be Fiorentina and Napoli. Who look great on paper but are literally taking turns at dropping points.

I guess it was to be expected as far as Fiorentina is concerned because the Rossi - Gomez dream partnership has spent more time in the medical department than on the pitch

Napoli... well it's classic Napoli really.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 am

Liverpool struggles with defending set pieces. We'll concede in every game a set piece. So I'll go with top 7.  silent 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Red Alert wrote:Liverpool struggles with defending set pieces. We'll concede in every game a set piece. So I'll go with top 7.  silent 

yeah but so is juve and theyre first.

on talent alone they make top 3, but consistency is a killer in any league

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down