M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

RIP Luis Aragones Empty Re: RIP Luis Aragones

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:32 am

RIP Wise Man, you arguably started the dominance of Spain from 2008 onwards, and that success was a shining achievement in your career, which was not modest by any standards.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:33 am

Waking up to this news, *bleep* my life.

RIP. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:16 am

RIP

kick started spain's dominant years and had them playing mesmerizing football...atletico legend as well.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 am

RIP.

Was responsible for the start of the Spanish dominance. Personally speaking I found his Euro 2008 Spain side much more entertaining than Del Bosque's sides post 2008.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:35 am

Rip Sad

Casciavit wrote:RIP.

Was responsible for the start of the Spanish dominance. Personally speaking I found his Euro 2008 Spain side much more entertaining than Del Bosque's sides post 2008.

Same here, but that has also alot to do with the fact that in the Euro 08, Spain were a suprise so not alot of team knew what to do against them.

Although Del bosque's double pivot doesn't help in making Spain more entertaining..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:35 am

RIP

Was he not the same guy who racially abused Henry  hmm 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Sad 

Gracias Luiz, por todo. Maestro hasta siempre.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:39 pm

R.I.P.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Wow, very sad news indeed. One of my favourite managers, a true legend.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Will never forget what he said to Reyes about Thierry Henry. I lost a lot of respect for him as a person behind that.

Footballing-wise though, a great manager and a key architect behind Spain's rise in prominence.

RIP
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:51 pm

RIP

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:09 pm

McLewis wrote:Will never forget what he said to Reyes about Thierry Henry. I lost a lot of respect for him as a person behind that.
How on Earth was it glossed over and forgotten about so quickly and easily? And how did he survive such a scandal?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 pm

RIP
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Lex wrote:
McLewis wrote:Will never forget what he said to Reyes about Thierry Henry. I lost a lot of respect for him as a person behind that.
How on Earth was it glossed over and forgotten about so quickly and easily? And how did he survive such a scandal?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Lex wrote:

He got a slap on the wrist because Spain tolerates racism.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Lex wrote:

He got a slap on the wrist because Spain tolerates racism.

Bingo.

Disgusting man and person.

The thing that kickstarted Spain's dominance was the 1992 olympics and the increased structure and funding of the athletic system in the country. This old racist was just at the right place at the right time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:22 pm

R.I.P.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:34 pm

RIP
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Never liked the man tbh.. But stil RIP for the man who guided my 2nd nationality to EURO glory.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 pm

In a time of humiliation and despondency when we never dreamed of achieving the football we amounted to and the result that was a product of our mental demons. Luis on the other hand had a vision to which he inherited from Villalonga's Atletico Urquizu's Athletic and combined it into the representation of Spanish football that was abandoned by the Basques and Asturians out of fear of being obsolete. We wrote Espana out every tournament after disappointment in a fortress of disappointments as our perennial chokers weren't deemed fit to rise above their mental weaknesses. Unity wasn't bound out of its shackles until Luis created the blueprint for a semantic that not only united player chemistry and vision, but united Espana as a whole.

You made us dream and cast us off the chains of what bound us to eternal derision and ridicule. You gave us the dream of experiencing the night of Madrid 64' that our generation wouldn't walk to experience. You brought out tears within my resolute as granite father. You brought out tears that I never thought would be shed by my existence. You brought the courage of harnessing what we left and lost, and became the architect of what won us another World Cup and Euro.

Goodbye Luis, and thank you for what you contributed to Spanish football.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Arquitescu wrote:In a time of humiliation and despondency when we never dreamed of achieving the football we amounted to and the result that was a product of our mental demons. Luis on the other hand had a vision to which he inherited from Villalonga's Atletico Urquizu's Athletic and combined it into the representation of Spanish football that was abandoned by the Basques and Asturians out of fear of being obsolete. We wrote Espana out every tournament after disappointment in a fortress of disappointments as our perennial chokers weren't deemed fit to rise above their mental weaknesses. Unity wasn't bound out of its shackles until Luis created the blueprint for a semantic that not only united player chemistry and vision, but united Espana as a whole.

You made us dream and cast us off the chains of what bound us to eternal derision and ridicule. You gave us the dream of experiencing the night of Madrid 64' that our generation wouldn't walk to experience. You brought out tears within my resolute as granite father. You brought out tears that I never thought would be shed by my existence. You brought the courage of harnessing what we left and lost, and became the architect of what won us another World Cup and Euro.

Goodbye Luis, and thank you for what you contributed to Spanish football.

Arq :bow:

I hope to see similar praise when Fernandito retires :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:13 pm

"Luis Aragones changed the history of Spanish football. And for that we will always be thankful." — Spain and Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas.

---

"Without a doubt, our current run of success is a result of his legacy. He had a long history of coaching experience and he had a special appreciation for the game." — Spain coach Vicente del Bosque, who succeeded Aragones after the 2008 European Championship triumph.

---

"To me he's the most important person from Spanish football, the person who changed the style of 'La Roja.' He was a valiant, decisive person, a great human. It's a great loss for football, and for life and I think Spanish football owes him an enormous homage." — Spain and Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez.

---

"Thank you coach, I can never thank you enough for everything you did for me. RIP Luis Aragones." — Spain and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, who scored the lone goal in the 1-0 Euro 2008 final win against Germany.

---

"It's a very sad day. One of the greats has left us. Thank you for making me a great part of what I am today." — Spain and Atletico Madrid striker David Villa, the country's all-time leading scorer.

---

"It was an honor to be 'one of yours,' like you enjoyed to say. We'll never forget you!! Thank you for everything! Simply a great, a genius. SO WISE. So many memories!!" — Spain and Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

---

"Luis Aragones was a father, a brother, a friend, an idol, a myth in football. All of us who knew you and admired you are very sad." — Former Spain midfielder Marcos Senna, a Brazil-born naturalized Spaniard who was given a key role in the Euro 2008 team by Aragones.

---

"He rebelled against and broke through the difficulties that always kept Spain from winning. He showed the path, he showed it was possible. Spain stopped being a possibility and turned into a reality." — Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Finalist? That's a worthless title.  No one remembers the finalist." —  his players ahead of the Euro 2008 final, which Spain won 1-0 against Germany.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Rest in Peace,  liked "your" Spain a lot better than the borefest that resulted from del Bosque, though I do appreciate the Walrus-face.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Open letter by Xavi:

“You are not Japanese. You understand what I say, don’t you?,” he said to me one night. It seems like I’m watching him, in that hotel room, and I know I will miss him, a lot. I loved him very much. And I talked to him so much too.

I knew his health was not fine, but I never thought his illness was so severe, that he would go so soon. “I’m fine, I’m fine,” he used to say when I asked. I used to speak to him ocasionally, as he became so important to me, since the very first day I met him. I’d say he’s the coach I’ve spent more time talking about football with. He would come to my room and we would talk for hours, sometimes about the style – and he’d say, “That’s the key, Xavi, to know how we want to play,” – and always, about the need of having the best players on the field, not to fear anyone, any team, even if they were stronger or faster. “You and I know the ball is faster than them. And that we play with it better than them,” he said. I have the best memories of his talks, or a casual meetup in a hallway, or a dining room. He always gave you something. And he was always right.

Luis used to be very upfront; he’d look at us in the training sessions and say, “You’re being lazy, you’ve come here and I don’t see you… I don’t like that!!” And then he’d walk away. He never deceived people, he’d just say, plain and simple: “You won’t play because you’ve been crap this week… Are you tired or what?.. You’ve been brilliant today, you’ll be great… Do you think I’m stupid?” That’s how he was. Close, real.

The other day I remembered something from the first time he called me up. He didn’t the first time so in September, as soon as I arrived, he said to me, “So, what did you think? You thought the old bastard wouldn’t call you up, did you?” And I was all ashamed, just said, “No, mister, of course not.” And then he just told me “Yeah, right, you think you can deceive me! Go, we’ll talk later,” and that day we talked for hours.

Luis was fundamental to me, to my career, and Spain’s national team history. Nothing would have been the same without him. Everything started with him, as he was the one who brought us together, the ‘small guys,’ Iniesta, Cazorla, Cesc, Villa, Silva… We changed the ‘fury’ for good football and we showed the world that winning is possible by playing good football. If we hadn’t won that Eurocup back in 2008, we wouldn’t have won the World Cup, for which we welcomed the arrival of Del Bosque, another fantastic coach.

I remember he got a lot of criticism at the early stages, but he was the one who paved the way Spain follows up to today. It was him who saw the talent we had as a squad and the guy who played us all together. “I’m playing the good ones, as they’re so good that will make us win the Eurocup.” And we won it. He was brave and smart.

Luis helped me a lot when my self esteem was a disaster. He made me Spain’s leader when I wasn’t at Barça. “You rule here,” he said, “and I’ll take the blame.” I decided the best I could do was return the trust he gave me in the field. If I got elected the best player in that Eurocup, it was all his doing, altough he always denied that. He showed me I mattered. I wasn’t OK for Germany but he waited for me. He would come to Barcelona sometimes , as he was worried for my knee. Paredes came (Spain’s physical trainer) to supervise my work as I was recovering. Luis would always call me. “Work hard, Xavi, don’t fall asleep. I will wait for you”.

If you look for “football” in a dictionary, the word would have to have his picture right next to it. Luis is football in a person.

Goodbye mister. Thank you for everything. And so you know: You and I were never Japanese.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum