Roma v Atletico

Roma vs Atletico Vote_lcap80%Roma vs Atletico Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]
Roma vs Atletico Vote_lcap20%Roma vs Atletico Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Roma vs Atletico Empty Roma vs Atletico

Post by Kaladin Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 14:30

Who do you think will come out on top if they faced now?

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Roma vs Atletico Empty Re: Roma vs Atletico

Post by The Franchise Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 14:46

Dunno about individually, it doesnt really matter because that isnt the strength of Atletico at all.

But if the two ever met, I could imagine a game similar to the game Juve had with Roma, without as many goals (Juve outplayed Roma but shouldnt of won by that margin).

It would be a very similar gameplan. No space in behind, making Gervinho ineffective and staying totally compact which completely minimises the space in between the lines for Totti to work in.

Counter attack and set peices.

I obviously watch more Atletico than Roma and therefore that reflects on my opinion but I am fairly confident in Atletico's ability as a team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 22:29

Atletico Madrid's best player is Diego Simeone
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 23:22

Edited the OP since Atletico is a cohesive unit and it'd be unfair to compare player v player.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 0:04

Atletico are far above Roma's level. Atletico have conceded 0 goals in their 3 last games against Barca and Real Madrid. Roma just got trounced by the first elite team they've faced this season. Atleti are Juan Mata (instead of washed up Villa) away from being a CL favourite (right now only dark horses). Their defensive organization is off the charts but they also score plenty of goals.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 4:18

Roma might be in trouble only if atletico plays deep defending and counter as only strategy , they do have quality at midfield in forms of koke and others but in any other case i can say Roma can clinch the result as i think Roma has better midfielders than them
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 7:26

I'm biased because I watch Atletico more as well, but I say Atletico.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 10:43

I mean Roma no disrespect when I say that I would expect Atletico to come out victorious. Roma have had an excellent season, however they're yet to develop the thick hide of a top side that protects the team mentally when under extreme pressure. They're a team that will back themselves to play their game from the start, however as Juventus showed, the challenge is responding when you go down against a top team despite having the better of opening period. Obviously anything can happen in a one off game, however I feel that this is the sort of game where Roma would need to score first in order to taste victory. As Dani brought out, Atletico are not a team to fear Roma's skill and movement but capable of absorbing everything thrown at them before breaking like a storm.

How Roma respond when they next face Juventus will speak volumes of the team's mental strength and in turn how they might be expected to fare in a match such as this.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 11:51

A.madrid > Rmadid
rmadrid> JUv
juv>roma
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 12:08

terrance511 wrote:A.madrid > Rmadid
rmadrid> JUv
juv>roma

Fiorentina>Juve

Roma>fio

Paradox hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 13:25

Good to see Roma still underrated here. At least that hasn't changed.

People are right to look at the Juve loss as a reason that maybe Roma are not quite there yet, but I don't think the gulf in class, quality or mentality is as big as some of you have made it out to be between Roma and Atletico.

The Roma that lost to Juve were total strangers to those of us that watched every game of their 17 game unbeaten run. Roma lost the mental match against Juve and not the footballing one.

Just as many of you have admitted that you watch more Atleti than Roma, I will freely admit that I have not watched a single Atleti match this season. Therefore I cannot answer the OP's question.

All I can say is that based on what I've seen of this Roma side this season......A Roma that no one has ever seen before......they can beat anyone on their day. Underrating them and underestimating them is what feeds the hunger that these players have. They have a lot to prove in that regard.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 13:32

Since Roma are not in CL it is alot harder to rate them correctly since the only big team they most definitely play this season is Juventus.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 14:24

I honestly think that's exactly why Atletico are rated higher than Roma at the moment. Holding and beating Madrid and Barca the way they have this season is an added bonus.

Also, since when are Inter, Napoli and Milan not considered big teams? Milan may be suffering one of their worst seasons in recent memory, but they are still an extremely prestigious club. Same with Inter. Napoli are questionable considering that they've won very little in the grand scheme of things, just like Roma.

It's that type of dismissal that perpetuates this stigma that Roma remain a tier below all other "big" clubs.

I suppose I understand that though. Very people here have watched them as closely as we Romanisti have, naturally. They simply don't understand just how fundamentally different this team is from what it was 5 years ago or even just a year ago.

I think they will next season if Roma continue on their current path.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum