VendettaRed07
The_Badger
eyeopener
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ribery's revenge Empty Ribery's revenge

Post by eyeopener Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:44 pm

First of all, i don't think that either Ronaldo or Ribery (or Messi for that matter) deserved the Ballon whatever. And to be honest, i couldn't care less about this whole FIFA Joke of a gala.

But i was thinking today: What when Bayern meets Real in the CL some point this season? Things could get really ugly for Madrid and Ronaldo i fear. Seriously, Ribery, and Bayern as a club, is a man on a mission ever since that Champions League final loss against Chelsea. Ribery thinks he is robbed of that trophy yesterday and so thinks whole Bayern.

Now i'm watching football for quite some time now and when it comes to club football there is one thing i learned about some 13 years ago: A wounded Bayern is the most scary thing for every other European top-team to meet. 1999 CL loss? Taken revenge in 2001. 2012 CL loss and being scooled by Dortmund? Literally fukced the whole Bundesliga, Europe and in style finished it off against that same Dortmund in Wembley.

For every Bayern big dissapointment there is a revenge. Ribery and Bayern has been robbed (they feel) and looking at their mentality and history somebody has to pay for that.

Besides the crazy Messiah i was one of the few, if not the only, persons here at GL who has been saying at the start of last season that Bayern is already the best team in Europa and would rip teams as Barca and Real apart. Let me now tell you this: Bayen, who only have to fear Atletico and Man City, is gonna retain their Champions League. Real Madrid, with Ronaldo as the main men, should not draw Bayern. Ribery and Bayern would put the emberacment of the century to Real Madrid.

Ribery and Bayern are wounded. Fear them, fear them Spanish and English so-called topteams.
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Ribery's revenge Empty Re: Ribery's revenge

Post by The_Badger Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Ribery doesn't seem that bothered.

Individual recognition bothers Crynaldo more than club glories. I think Ribery is content with his lot (Treble, UEFA Player) and Crynaldo can have his shiney ball.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:48 pm

lf those three didn't deserve to win then who did?...

And l don't think that this will effect Bayerns hunger much if at all.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Yes, but after getting their revenge these usually have a d drop of form, hence after winning the CL in 2001 what did they do after that? They won the treble and still are motivate and don't think Pep will let them rest, so only time will tell, but I think there hungry right now isn't exactly the same as last year.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:59 pm

What revenge? he'll just continue winning trophies year after year while Ronaldo wins nothing.

I doubt he'd swap his treble for the Balon D'or tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

I really want Madrid to meet Bayern  :coffee: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Bayern have the same hunger imo... most of their guys are going to the WC (if not all) and they want to be in top form for that. Robben wants a new contract. Mandzukic is fighting for his job with Lewa coming. Goetze is fighting for his job. Boateng and Dante want to become NT starters for the WC... etc.

There's a lot of invidual ambition to go with team ambition.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm

So you can watch cr get destroyed Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Not to mention Sports above all else they have a manager who is desperate to prove that he can do it outside of Barca.

I don't doubt him but there's plenty of people that think he's a fluke.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What revenge? he'll just continue winning trophies year after year while Ronaldo wins nothing.

Ribery's comment: "Did i want to win it? Sure. Not only for myself but for my family and Bayern mostly. But i've won the important trophies so far and the biggest one of all is this summer. So losing out on the least of my goals is not a big deal... As a competitor, you want to win everything obviously."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What revenge? he'll just continue winning trophies year after year while Ronaldo wins nothing.

Ribery's comment:  "Did i want to win it?  Sure.  Not only for myself but for my family and Bayern mostly.  But i've won the important trophies so far and the biggest one of all is this summer.  So losing out on the least of my goals is not a big deal...  As a competitor, you want to win everything obviously."
lol, who is going to believe that politically correct crap? i am not gonna say that i know how those trophies rank for him, but i was pretty clear early on that Ribery was locked on that ballon dor, he couldnt shut up about it. Just look at the way he reacted when Sakho said he wouldnt vote him Laughing It's only lately that he figured or was told he didnt win that he started acting all politically correct.

all those guys have the ego the size of a melon, ribery was fckin pissed lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Ribery wanted it obviously... he said so himself. Why wouldn't he? But he's just saying that he wouldn't trade the BdO for any of the team trophies.

As far as his campaigning... he only went into full swing once it was announced that the vote got extended 2 weeks. That pissed him off. Also, it seemed to me that the German media and football institutions couldn't make themselves pimp a frenchman. So he had to do it himself Laughing They don't have the marketing reach that Madrid and Barca have... he was just making sure he got in the press.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:17 pm

well to be honest, the media could of portrayed him as desperate to make the balon d'ore more interesting. and it worked.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 pm

No one would trade champions league for Ballon dor, let's stop making it sound like Ribery is someking of noble player.

but using that to somehow say that he doesnt care is funny, his wife now has to put flowers on top of the fire place.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 pm

The French media aren't that supportive either tbh... since 2010, there isn't much love for him. Getting a bit better. But still plenty of cynicism out there.

Ribery was basically on his own with some token help from Bayern and a few of his journalist friends in France. He was just trying to create media attention around himself.

Not the prettiest face or most eloquent speaker unfortunately for him... so he was always an underdog to win a fashion show without a lot of help since footy was secondary lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:The French media aren't that supportive either tbh... since 2010, there isn't much love for him.  Getting a bit better.  But still plenty of cynicism out there.

Ribery was basically on his own with some token help from Bayern and a few of his journalist friends in France.  He was just trying to create media attention around himself.

Not the prettiest face or most eloquent speaker unfortunately for him... so he was always an underdog to win a fashion show without a lot of help since footy was secondary lol.

For good reasons if I may. He has redeemed himself tho.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:17 pm

lmao hipsters in crisis Proud

Also ribery will keep winning trophies because he plays in a league where he wins trophies by default.

Last edited by Zealous on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What revenge? he'll just continue winning trophies year after year while Ronaldo wins nothing
So blunt, yet so eloquently true Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Lex wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What revenge? he'll just continue winning trophies year after year while Ronaldo wins nothing
So blunt, yet so eloquently true Laughing

Year after year of trophyless seasons eh? nah commenting on this would be the lowest of hanging fruits.

(yes, I am aware that I just made a comment about it)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Tbf, it's not like Madrid's trophy cabinet is exactly filled to bursting point since Pep's Barcelona started pwning La Liga
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:23 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Did Crono cry when Madrid finally pried the league away from Barcelona? hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Lex wrote:Did Crono cry when Madrid finally pried the league away from Barcelona? hmm
Crono cries whenever he wins something these days. Very emotional moments since it doesn't happen often for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Lex wrote:Tbf, it's not like Madrid's trophy cabinet is exactly filled to bursting point since Pep's Barcelona started pwning La Liga

It ain't empty either.

As for the rest of this thread Mole's bitterness was expected, Sport (much like Platini) trying his best to not make it obvious that he considers holding a French passport as an essential criteria to winning the Balloon Door hardly comes as a surprise either, not even going to comment on surag's europa league trophy's worth of salty tears (although unlike Biscuits I am not tired of them Laughing). I'll never understand it myself, mole wasn't crying when Messi won it last year despite winning the copa del rey (which is a big trophy now because it fits agendas lol).

All in all Ribery should thank his lucky stars that he even came third. Suarez and Ibrahimovic are much better than him and he plays for a ridiculously stacked team in a ridiculously one sided league.

The Balloon Door is a subjective award and Crstiano isn't exactly Matty Jarvis so I fail to see why there is so much butthurt on GL. I personally care about it because it means a lot to Cristiano who is a Real Madrid player. I'm happy he won because he worked hard for it and he defended Real Madrid's colours while giving everything he had.  I hope this will be a launching pad to more team trophies and I'm sure we have a shot at winning them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Yeah... CR7 and Madrid sure made short work of that "default" Bundi team that is Dortmund. Oh wait...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next