RealGunner
Firenze
S
Onyx
Gil
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quick Q&A (Belgium/Brazil) - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick Q&A (Belgium/Brazil)

Post by Hawky Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Courtois or Julio Cesar
Kompany or Silva
Vertonghen or Luiz
Dembele or Paulinho
Witsel or Luis Gustavo
De Bruyne or Oscar
Lukaku or Fred
Hazard or Neymar
Mirallas or Willian
Januzaj or Bernard

Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Gil wrote:
M99 wrote:Coutinho is younger and has the higher potential. Even currently, I would say Willian and Coutinho are equal. I don't know why all of a sudden Willian is being hyped. Yeah, he has put in some great performances recently but wait till the form continues for a few months.

Willian has been outstanding since the start of December (this is coming from someone who never wanted him) while Coutinho arguably won't get into the team once Sturridge returns. Even the 19 year old Sterling has been outperforming him this season.

He lacks the end product of Hazard, Oscar and Mata but outside of that his general play is outstanding. The most surprising thing about him is how tireless he is off the ball and his stamina. I honestly think he rivals Ramires when it comes to workrate.

When you don't know shit about a club, don't make stupid comments.

Coutinho is what makes our attack tick you clueless bellend. Football isn't just about numbers and stats.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Individual talent is overrated.... as is Belgium's Laughing

They won't get past the 2nd round.... calma.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:51 pm

McAgger wrote:
Gil wrote:
M99 wrote:Coutinho is younger and has the higher potential. Even currently, I would say Willian and Coutinho are equal. I don't know why all of a sudden Willian is being hyped. Yeah, he has put in some great performances recently but wait till the form continues for a few months.

Willian has been outstanding since the start of December (this is coming from someone who never wanted him) while Coutinho arguably won't get into the team once Sturridge returns. Even the 19 year old Sterling has been outperforming him this season.

He lacks the end product of Hazard, Oscar and Mata but outside of that his general play is outstanding. The most surprising thing about him is how tireless he is off the ball and his stamina. I honestly think he rivals Ramires when it comes to workrate.

Coutinho is what makes our attack tick you clueless bellend. Football isn't just about numbers and stats.

Thankfully it isn't only me who has this opinion. I thought Coutinho was outstanding last season but I've been disappointed with his play this year.

1-3 Sunderland
4-1 West Brom
3-1 Palace

The only poor results you've had without him are against Hull and maybe Arsenal (he played the entire 2nd half of that game).

The "he's what makes us tick" line could have been used last year but I feel it's simply an erroneous saying this year. Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling have all been way more important this year. Even Joe Allen in recent weeks.

His finishing has been very poor this season and he isn't creating anywhere as much as he was last year. His performances in the big games have also been underwhelming this year and that seems to be a common occurrence throughout his Liverpool career.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Individual talent is overrated.... as is Belgium's Laughing

They won't get past the 2nd round.... calma.
Portugal lack talent though, aside from Ronaldo, Moutinho and Pepe that entire squad is full with journeymen and marginal players. I think if a couple of balls fall nicely for them and some decisions go their way they could easily reach the QF's.

Besides the football Gods are never going to bless us with a Messi v Ronaldo WC game.'

Why do you have so much hate in your heart btw? Messy breakup, shitty day job?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am

Gil wrote:I was having this debate at work today.

Courtois or Julio Cesar
Kompany or Silva
Vertonghen or Luiz
Dembele or Paulinho
Witsel or Luis Gustavo
De Bruyne (forget his spell at Chelsea) or Oscar
Benteke/Lukaku or Fred
Hazard or Neymar
Mirallas or Willian
Januzaj or Bernard
There's not much for debate here if you ask me, Dembele vs Paulinho, Lukaku vs Fred aside (and Witsel vs Gustavo, but only because they play different roles), Brazil have a much better squad.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 am

McAgger wrote:
Gil wrote:

Don't bother. Gil has been in troll mode for weeks now. Just ignore him and he'll either sort himself out or take a break.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 am

Gil wrote:

Thankfully it isn't only me who has this opinion. I thought Coutinho was outstanding last season but I've been disappointed with his play this year.

1-3 Sunderland
4-1 West Brom
3-1 Palace

The only poor results you've had without him are against Hull and maybe Arsenal (he played the entire 2nd half of that game).

The "he's what makes us tick" line could have been used last year but I feel it's simply an erroneous saying this year. Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling have all been way more important this year. Even Joe Allen in recent weeks.

His finishing has been very poor this season and he isn't creating anywhere as much as he was last year. His performances in the big games have also been underwhelming this year and that seems to be a common occurrence throughout his Liverpool career.

For me he will play also with the return of Sturridge.For me Rodgers will play with Suarez,Sturridge and Coutinho toghether because B.R. estimates much the Brazilian.

But anyway about this your comment that I quoted now, I have to agree on everything.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

What he's saying is true to an extent.. Coutinho does make our attack tick but he's been extremely wasteful this season at times. Sterling definitely has outperformed him whenever those two have been on the pitch.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 am

Is it sheer ignorance on the topic or just an awful attempt at a troll?

The fact that you bash Coutinho for being wasteful and then provide Sterling as an example of excellence goes to show that you don't know shit about LFC.  Sterling has missed more chances in the last month than Coutinho has the whole season.

It can EASILY be argued that Coutinho has been our most important player this season even ahead of Suarez.

When Coutinho played at the beginning of the season we didn't drop a single point.

LFC 1-0 Stoke
Villa 0-1 LFC
LFC 4-2 Notts County
LFC 1-0 United
Swansea 1-2 LFC

Swansea match Coutinho gets injured, we take him out and Swansea dominate the flow of the match while we struggle to get the ball from midfield to attack without Coutinho and Swansea equalize in their period of dominance.

Then without Coutinho

Swansea 2-2 LFC
LFC 0-1 Soton
United 1-0 LFC
Newcastle 2-2 LFC
Arsenal 2-0

During this period we only had 3 poverty wins against Sunderland, Crystal Palace, and WBA because of Suarez and Sturridge class. The performances left a lot to be desired of

Against Arsenal Coutinho's first game back from injury on the bench, having been out for 3 months we had to rush him in this match when he was clearly not match fit. Even still when he came on in the second half we looked much more likely to actually create something than the first half.

Then with Coutinho

LFC 4-0 Fulham
Everton 3-3 LFC

Our attacking edge is back, we played some of our best attacking football in those two games up to that point. His movement between the lines and the ease with which he gets the ball from midfield to attack makes Suarez and Sturridge shine.

Then Coutinho has slight knock again and

Hull 3-1 LFC

Completely dire performance, badly in need of Coutinho, Suarez completely isolated out front and we struggle to get the ball to him. Your boy Sterling's first start in over 2 months (who is apparently completely shitting on Coutinho up to this point, I wonder how he was doing that if he wasn't even playing). Worse Raheem ever played for us in that game and that's already December (So forgive me if I struggle to think Sterling has had a more impressive season than Coutinho). Rodgers brings Coutinho on for the last 20 minutes and we finally start threatening the Hull City defense.

Then Coutinho is match fit again and here's what we do

LFC 5-1 Norwich
LFC 4-1 West Ham
Spurs 0-5 LFC
LFC 3-1 Cardiff

City 2-1 LFC (completely shit on City, the whole team plays well but lose on terrible refereeing mistakes).
Chelsea 2-1 LFC (first real bad game for Coutinho and long behold LFC struggle as well. Still only lost becasue of referring mistakes).
LFC 2-0 Hull
LFC 2-0 Oldham

Coutinho literally has the keys to our teams attack and how we function with the ball. So obviously you not having seen us play at all except maybe the Chelsea match come in here spouting your bullshit. You probably go to wikipedia look that Coutinho only has 2 goals 2 assists or whatever and come here spreading bs.

The only criticism anyone can have of Coutinho is he's been wasteful. But he's ALWAYS been wasteful. Even last season Coutinho was wasteful. Finishing has never been his strong suit.

And on Sterling, he's been brilliant since the Norwich match on December 4th (which he's been performing good for only a goddam MONTH so I don't how anyone can possibly say that he's been more impressive than Coutinho). And even in this month of prosperity for Sterling his finishing has been shit tons worse than Coutinho's. But you are delusional if you think Coutinho will be dropped when Sturridge is back.

I bet you won't even read this post you shambolic pos Gil.

Last edited by McAgger on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 am

As I said before, ignore him.  And please remember the rules re:insults.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 am

Courtois or Julio Cesar
Kompany or Silva
Vertonghen or Luiz
Dembele or Paulinho
Witsel or Luis Gustavo
De Bruyne or Oscar
Lukaku or Fred
Hazard or Neymar
Mirallas or Willian
Januzaj or Bernard

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 am

Sterling outperforming Coutinho Laughing :facepalm:

Messia absolutely clinical in his (futile) post there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2