Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

+11
Fuchsteufelswild
The Franchise
The Basque CM
che
Rebaño Sagrado
zigra
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Toffer Harley
The_Badger
Gil
15 posters

Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Gil Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:55 pm

You know Spain are done after that desperation move to call up Diego Costa. Incapable of producing quality defenders and Xavi and co have been exposed ever since it was revealed half the team was doping.

So yeah the next era of international dominance is between this four.

I'd currently rank them as

1. Brazil
2. Belgium
3. Argentina
4. Germany

Brazil ahead of Belgium only because they lack a talisman like Neymar. There's still time for Hazard to become that player that the entire nation hopes he will be but it may have to be Bakkali, Januzaj or even Lukaku. Not sure Hazard has the mentality or desire for such a role.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by The_Badger Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Gil wrote:You know Spain are done after that desperation move to call up Diego Costa. Incapable of producing quality defenders and Xavi and co have been exposed ever since it was revealed half the team was doping.

So yeah the next era of international dominance is between this four.

I'd currently rank them as

1. Brazil
2. Belgium
3. Argentina
4. Germany

Brazil ahead of Belgium only because they lack a talisman like Neymar. There's still time for Hazard to become that player that the entire nation hopes he will be but it may have to be Bakkali, Januzaj or even Lukaku. Not sure Hazard has the mentality or desire for such a role.
If you can prove this, go ahead, otherwise you're likely to find yourself in trouble.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:09 pm

whahaha this place is just gold!
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg
Posts : 827
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Didn't Spain just completely dominate the U21 Euros? Thiago, Koke, Jese, Morata, Moreno, Illaramendi, Isco, Bellerin but they won't be up there in the future... ok.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17218
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Argentina ahead of Spain and Germany ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by zigra Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Germany > all :bow: 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4247
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Another Belgium thread? Come on Gil give us something new.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by che Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

the current u-21 champions of europe, who also won 2 out of the last 3 u-19 championships are done

top lel
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by The Basque CM Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Considering the OP seems to be focusing on the squad alone, in what world does any one of those teams have more potential than germany? Laughing
The Basque CM
The Basque CM
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-28

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Ibu9KOQxlST77P
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 am

Germany does. Would have won the last u21 tournaments too if we had used our best eligible players for it the way Spain did.

Last u21 Euro Goetze, Draxler, Kroos, Guendogan, etc. would have styled all over that Spanish u21 side.
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 216
Join date : 2013-04-14

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Eman Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Ze Germans
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:35 pm

It's us. We just suck at youth tournaments because we rather sit our u21 stars onto the 1st team bench than have them win tournaments for some reason.

But ATM we even outproduce Spain and Brazil concerning talent, also we've got more defenders and 'keepers coming in than they do. Though with a country the size of Brazil you never know, not too weird for them to have like 8 Neymars breaking through at the same time within 5 years.

Spain will remain a powerhouse for like ever, like Italy, Netherlands, France, us etc. - but Brazil has more population, Germany more academies, money and population - in the long run their golden generation will be over, and they'll be "just" around the size of France footballing wise, imho. Italy, Germany, Brazil will stay on top in the long run.

Belgium is a shadow on the wall - no depth, just some impressive individuals, not enough to fill an entire squad.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 9003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Fuchsteufelswild wrote:Germany does. Would have won the last u21 tournaments too if we had used our best eligible players for it the way Spain did.

Last u21 Euro Goetze, Draxler, Kroos, Guendogan, etc. would have styled all over that Spanish u21 side.
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Having 'top' talent means nothing if it hardly results in any trophies.

Out of these 4, personally: Brazil > Argentina > Belgium > Germany

Spain triumphs them all, however.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Where would y'all rank Italy? I'm sure they're lower than the Germany/Brazil/Spain maybe even England idk

----------------Bardi
Donati---Capuano---Bianchetti----MDS
--------Verratti----Marrone
Saponara/Berardi-----Insigne------SES
------Momo/Destro/Borini/Immobile/Zaza
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:53 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Where would y'all rank Italy? I'm sure they're lower than the Germany/Brazil/Spain maybe even England idk

----------------Bardi
Donati---Capuano---Bianchetti----MDS
--------Verratti----Marrone
Saponara/Berardi-----Insigne------SES
------Momo/Destro/Borini/Immobile/Zaza
Balo is 23.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Where would y'all rank Italy? I'm sure they're lower than the Germany/Brazil/Spain maybe even England idk

----------------Bardi
Donati---Capuano---Bianchetti----MDS
--------Verratti----Marrone
Saponara/Berardi-----Insigne------SES
------Momo/Destro/Borini/Immobile/Zaza
Balo is 23.
Never mentioned Balo scratch
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:07 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Where would y'all rank Italy? I'm sure they're lower than the Germany/Brazil/Spain maybe even England idk

----------------Bardi
Donati---Capuano---Bianchetti----MDS
--------Verratti----Marrone
Saponara/Berardi-----Insigne------SES
------Momo/Destro/Borini/Immobile/Zaza
Balo is 23.
Never mentioned Balo scratch
He is part of the future too. Still to reach his peak.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Having 'top' talent means nothing if it hardly results in any trophies.
A neat expression doesn't mean those aren't facts.
You can't just dismiss the fact Germany capped Holtby, Draxler, Götze, Gündogan, Kroos, Müller etc. etc., when the other nations bring their big guns to the table. Germanys generation that just retired was one of our worst ever, that's why we capped all our young players at age 18 to 20, hence our suckage at the last couple youth tournaments. We're playing u17 players in the u19, u19 in the u21, and the u21 starlets as well as half the u19 ones are capped for the senior team.

AFAIK we're the only major nation doing that outside major tournaments, preferring to take the likes of Götze to the bench as a sub rather than having him win youth tournaments. If that's smart is another question, but you can't just deny we're not bringing our big guns.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 9003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Balo is 23.
Never mentioned Balo scratch
He is part of the future too. Still to reach his peak.
Oh, i thought we were strictly comparing U-21 lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany? Empty Re: Better future Belgium, Argentina, Brazil or Germany?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum