Who Is The Most Selfish Footballer You've Ever Seen?

+24
The Franchise
Onyx
Raptorgunner
Robespierre
fatman123
futbol
Casciavit
Valkyrja
sportsczy
halamadrid2
Mamad
Winter is Coming
free_cat
Donuts
M99
zizzle
Doc
LeBéninois
VanDeezNuts
chad4401
BarrileteCosmico
Tomwin Lannister
Mr Nick09
ronalessi
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who Is The Most Selfish Footballer You've Ever Seen? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Is The Most Selfish Footballer You've Ever Seen?

Post by Casciavit Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:54 am

Cristiano Ronaldo

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who Is The Most Selfish Footballer You've Ever Seen? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Is The Most Selfish Footballer You've Ever Seen?

Post by futbol Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 pm

C. Ronaldo by far. I agree with sports that I have never seen anything like it. All the other selfish players in the world are showing situational selfishness. You are near the box, you have the option to pass or shoot and you decide to shoot when the better option is to pass? Okay, that's selfish. Well done. But Ronaldo's selfishness doesn't just start in that phase of play where he misjudges the situation in and around the box in a "shoot or pass" moment. No, his entire playing style from the moment he enters the pitch is utterly selfish. To begin with, he is completely out of sync with the rest of his teammates. He doesn't play like a winger who drives the ball forward and creates for his striker. He sent in 3 successful crosses in 21 games this season. He doesn't defend either and Marcelo gets exposed regularly in all meaningful games. He doesn't play like a winger. But he doesn't play like a CF either. He doesn't offer holdup play to bring others into play, he doesn't wrestle with the centerbacks or drag them away to create space for others, he doesn't like to play with back to goal. No, there is 0 "dirt work" in his game. Nothing he does on the pitch makes his teammates better. Against Osasuna I've seen his teammates pass him the ball so he would make something happen and he would just pass it back like "dude, what do you pass me the ball, just create the chance and I'll be there to pounce, don't ask anything else from me". He is moving around the frontline whereever and whenever he wants, even if it doesn't make much sense tactically, and waits for others to create opening so he can just take gazillions of shots. He has worked incredibly hard on his finishing and into moving into goalscoring positions. The rest of his game however ... The prototype of a selfish player if there ever was one.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:14 pm

His runs made Ozil have 70 assists in his 3 years in Madrid. Stop the nonsense.

PS: Ronaldo has better work-rate than Messi btw Twisted Evil 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Özil is already on 9 assist for Arsenal in like 3 months. Nothing to do with Ronaldo, brah. Laughing

Ronaldo having better workrate than Messi doesn't say much as Messi doesn't have any workrate Laughing (this is the moment jiopsi enters the thread to show us a 1 in a million gif of Messi pressing). But I don't know the relevance as this thread was about selfishness, not workrate. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 pm

speaking of ronaldo, how about nani

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Frank Lampard.

Even in his prime the only time I saw him run was to take a penalty.

rofl a slow CM with average dribbling abilities a selfish player? Jog on champ
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Denilson by a mile
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Merrily disagree with whatever Sports wrote. Ronaldo is absolutely selfish but he is selfish with an output. Robben to an extent as well. Denilson, however, was the guy in the park that could dribble through everyone and dribble some more, and then some more, and just a little more, and just a touch of dribble and then lose the ball because he is now surrounded by everyone.

Seriously, I'm genuinely surprised his name isn't mentioned more. None of the players mentioned really could compare to Denilson in terms of selfishness...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:54 pm

I guess that's because the younger members dont know who he is, i wont be surprised if someone thought you're talking about Arsenal's Denilson
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Denilson was never the star anywhere though.  He didn't command the ball 70% of the time.  He was awful in terms of selfishness when he got it... but he wasn't allowed to dominate play on a a top team.

Robben was up there... but he's changed in the last 2-3 years.

I could name you 20 marginal players that were stupidly selfish, but what's the point.

If you're talking about a genuine elite player... it's CR7 by a country mile.  It's not even close.  He's happier selling his line of underwear and winning the Ballon d'or rather than the team winning anything.  He never throws a "I'm sad" episode because he has an issue in regards to something with the team... it's only when he breaks a fingernail.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:Denilson was never the star anywhere though.  He didn't command the ball 70% of the time.  He was awful in terms of selfishness when he got it... but he wasn't allowed to dominate play on a a top team.

Robben was up there... but he's changed in the last 2-3 years.

I could name you 20 marginal players that were stupidly selfish, but what's the point.

If you're talking about a genuine elite player... it's CR7 by a country mile.  It's not even close.  He's happier selling his line of underwear and winning the Ballon d'or rather than the team winning anything.  He never throws a "I'm sad" episode because he has an issue in regards to something with the team... it's only when he breaks a fingernail.

you don't say  :facepalm: 

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Yeah i'm sure there's hundreds of selfish players who are nobodies in the world of football

It's much worse when the player you're heavily depending upon is sometimes a cancer to the team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Lampard deserves a mention.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Robben wins.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:05 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Frank Lampard.

Even in his prime the only time I saw him run was to take a penalty.

rofl a slow CM with average dribbling abilities a selfish player? Jog on champ

He was never slow running to take a penalty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Why does it matter if Ronaldo doesn't cross or create? That isn't his role. Not every wide players has the same role. There's different types of wide players. I agree he could track back more, but now with a change in system he isn't really required to track back. But if he did track back more, we'd certainly have a better shape defensively.

In terms of attacking, I don't think he can be fully blamed for the attack not being more of a team effort. It's not like whenever has the ball and he tries to outdribble everyone at all times and never passes.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:56 pm

I think people are saying Ronaldo because well.. look at Ronalessi's avatar..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:49 pm

But we are not talking about genuine elite footballers, just footballers in general. Anyway, to each his own I guess, still feel like people really forgot how much of a ball hog Denilson was.

Sport is on his annual "dislike a player" agenda and I see Cristiano is his pick. Lovely choice...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Why does it matter if Ronaldo doesn't cross or create? That isn't his role.

Perhaps because Cristiano is seen as not just an elite player, but one of the best...in fact some crazies even think the best and one of the best in history.

When we talk about these sorts of players, you surely have to look at what they do and dont do as an overall impact on the game.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:39 pm

I think Cristiano has improved. A few seasons ago when if the team won but he didn't score he would look visibly upset I would agree, but that has not happened in a while. I think he has matured into a leadership role.

Every forward is going to be selfish from time to time, especially the best who have a chance to be selfish more than most, and we could make a youtube compilation of should've, could've, would've passes of any star. Pedro's probably the least selfish player in the universe, but you guys remember that WC miss when Torres was wide open? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:00 am

Robben.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:05 am

Also strikers who talks all the shots and just focuses on scoring rather than link up, there are lots, Ibra, Eto'o, Defoe, etc.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:08 am

ibra doesnt focus on link up :facepalm:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:24 am

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:38 am

If cr doesn't grow up and be a true leader then we will continue having to rely on talent to win games, when cr was out we played some of our best football in years, best player on the team comes back and throws everything into disarray. Its obvious cr plays for himself that why he will never show his true ability since scoring=best
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:59 am

Denison was not a nobody, he was the most expensive player in the world at one point Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next