salmano9
FilthyLuca
juvealbanian
juve_gigi
elm_baraja_shaman
22 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

- El Rey León | Fernando Llorente #14 - Page 6 Empty Re: - El Rey León | Fernando Llorente #14

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:28 am

Spanish players can't do well in serie A.  Laughing 

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

- El Rey León | Fernando Llorente #14 - Page 6 Empty Re: - El Rey León | Fernando Llorente #14

Post by S Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1920306_846510425376188_1885405036_n.png

He turns 29 today.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Llorente: 'Milan-Juve a key moment'

Fernando Llorente believes tomorrow night’s trip to Milan is “a key moment” in the Scudetto race for Juventus.

It kicks off at San Siro on Sunday at 19.45 GMT, click here for a match preview.

“We do not fear anybody and are going to San Siro in order to win, even if Milan are improving under Clarence Seedorf,” the Spaniard told SportMediaset.

“We know how important this game is, as it’s a key moment for the Scudetto. It’s true Milan are a good team, but we have no concerns.

“The objective is to win the title and for that winning at San Siro is fundamental. We are the team to beat and it won’t be easy for anyone.”

Llorente has been won over by Bianconeri boss Antonio Conte since joining as a free agent from Athletic Bilbao last summer.

“I am happy to have him as a Coach. I needed to work very hard at the start to assimilate the playing style of the team, but that was the way it had to be.

“I learned so much with Conte and he really surprised me.”

Despite 12 goals in 29 official club appearances this season, the 29-year-old did not receive a call-up for Spain’s friendly against Italy next Wednesday.

“There’s a long way to go before the World Cup. I have to think about doing well with Juventus, which right now is the most important thing.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 am

JuventusFC ‏@juventusfcen 15h
This from San Sebastián, a video sent in to @llorentefer19 by class 1C of the Spanish city's Marianistas school

https://t.co/vGP2TirPdQ

Haha eco smile Nice..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:39 am

Del Bosque: Llorente great but…

Vicente del Bosque admits Spain better controlled the play against Italy yesterday, as he reflects once more on Fernando Llorente’s international prospects.

La Roja defeated the Azzurri 1-0 on Wednesday evening in a game that Cesare Prandelli complained had his players physically below par.

“In a period in which there is an intense schedule, it is not easy to play,” offered Del Bosque post-match.

“I did not see a big difference with Italy, we can say that we had more speed in the movement of the ball. Compared to the other times against the Azzurri, we controlled the game better.”

Del Bosque was asked once more of the chances of any changes to his squad ahead of the World Cup, namely with the potential re-introduction of Juventus forward Fernando Llorente.

“He is a great player, but we cannot call up everyone. There remains three months until the World Cup, there is time to do all the evaluations and we will see.

“There could be some changes. We can’t really say anything specific just yet because we’ve got three months ahead of us.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:35 am

Llorente can’t explain Viola loss

Juventus striker Fernando Llorente was at a loss to explain the Old Lady’s second half performance in their 4-2 defeat to Fiorentina earlier this season.

The Bianconeri conceded three goals in five minutes towards the end of the match at the Artemio Franchi in October and the Spaniard still doesn’t know how it happened.

“In the first half of that match we played very well,” Llorente told Sky.

“Even in the second half we deserved to score more goals but unfortunately we couldn’t do it.

“Then there were 20 minutes in which Fiorentina played very well and we made a lot of errors in concentration.

“In the end it really was a mess, I really don’t know how it happened.

“Sometimes there are matches like that.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Who agrees that Llorente's form has been declining despite the goal vs Milan?

I love Llorente lol, but he is tooooooo unselfish Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Not really. He is a class player who needs good service, when he plays with Tevez its beautiful!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

I agree Llorente hasn't been at his best lately in my opinion, I feel like he messes up on his touches and some of his passes. But I hope he returns to good form or his best form soon.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:52 am

I think that he only works well in the box withe ss behind him, like tevez as inder said ... or maybe in a 4-3-3?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Llorente: 'Victory step towards title'

Fernando Llorente admits a Juventus win at Napoli tonight “would be a very big step towards the title.”

The Spaniard starts in the Serie A showdown at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for the line-ups.

“I am ready for my San Paolo debut. You can tell it’s a tough arena, but we are all prepared for this game and aware of how important it is for us,” Llorente told Sky Sport Italia.

Capocannoniere Carlos Tevez is suspended, so the Spaniard will be partnered by Daniel Osvaldo.

“We are coming here to give it our all so we can win the Scudetto. I think a victory today would be a very big step towards the title, as Roma aren’t giving up and neither must we.

“Napoli are a great side with very talented players, so we must do the same way we did at the Juventus Stadium against them. We also hope for a bit of luck, naturally.

“I’ve heard the atmosphere here is extraordinary and I can’t wait to experience it.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 pm

has been sh*t, need a better mobile striker in the summer [Immobile plsss] good bench option for next season tho, as for starting, I think not........

inb4Arq
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Lol, give him some time man, plus if we try getting Immobile, Torino will go to a blind auction. But I agree, he really needs to start playing better.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:32 pm

inb4Arq LOLrente
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 am

Oh man so many stupid comments,
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:17 am

I like Llorente, given enough time, a proper system with the sort of players he can play with he can be a fantastic forward. He's already shown his qualities with us but he looks to not fit in with us.

I understand that this sounds disrespectful to Fernando but maybe we should sell him and replace him with someone more (Im)mobile. Any money we get from his sale would be a profit and I'm predicting atleast £15mio from his sale. That's more than enough to help purchase a great forward who will no doubt fit a little better.

We have to remember as respectful and humble Llorente has been we can't let his short coming affect Juve as he is not a major part of the squad and it would be ridiculous to keep him when it (by the looks of it) would benefit all parties if he left to another team.

Hopefully though he stays and I am made to eat my words next season because I do like the guy. Just I'm fed up of when he turns into Lldonkey for 5 games running, ruining attack after attack then next game scores a clutch goal and once again returns to being a donkey.

Edit: Iv put this post as paragraphs but when I press send and look at my post it's just a wall of text  hmm 
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:59 am

It depends on who plays alongside him and the formation we are playing with him... he is much more effective in a 433 imo
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:16 am

Yes, you knew I'd come in here. Previously I had defended LOLrente due to the system in which has a large disconnect between midfield and attack, serving almost a counter-attack to LOLrente who thrives when he receives as many touches as possible. Conte has recently played him like a target-man to which does not involve him dropping deep and being more of a box striker. It worked under Joan Caparros yet it limited LOLrente despite his goals. Yet LOLrente has evolved past that long ago until Bielsa and Del Bosque unlocked his truer role.

Yet recently I cannot defend him simply because he seems completely bereft of confidence. Serie A experts, pundits ahd Conte attribute it purely to fatigue in match and how LOLrente is continuing his individual specialized training under Conte (to still regain his lost fitness) yet its a larger problem that does not involve the semantic or his endurance. Many of you have lost faith in him despite his above expectation season (given his initial inertia) yet I'm confident he needs just a goal to regain his confidence, to which has had him turn from a multi-dimensional whiz in and out of the box to someone who is causing Juventus trouble.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am

That leads me to what I have to say next, lolo is a great player but is he THAT good we are going to change formation and a system that has proved to be a winning formula domestically.

We can criticize the 352 all we like but that is not our problem in Europe. Our problem was relying on pirlo to dictate when clearly he had not the legs to play against teams that press us which teams in European competition will do.

So we have pirlo trying to dictate play and strikers that aren't anywhere near as good as the rest of the European top teams.

Sell him, make a profit, not be stingy and buy a world class striker and our European nightmares will end. IMO it really is that easy, we are the only top team to not have atleast 1 WC forward.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:31 am

Arq do you think it would be wise for Juventus and Llorente himself to move him on and try and buy players like Suarez, Benzema, Costa, Muller etc?

LLo gets a club where the systems fits him and juve get a proven goal scorer that can carry a team ala suarez.

It's better for all parties IMO.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:43 am

Cassius wrote:That leads me to what I have to say next, lolo is a great player but is he THAT good we are going to change formation and a system that has proved to be a winning formula domestically.

We can criticize the 352 all we like but that is not our problem in Europe. Our problem was relying on pirlo to dictate when clearly he had not the legs to play against teams that press us which teams in European competition will do.

So we have pirlo trying to dictate play and strikers that aren't anywhere near as good as the rest of the European top teams.

Sell him, make a profit, not be stingy and buy a world class striker and our European nightmares will end. IMO it really is that easy, we are the only top team to not have atleast 1 WC forward.

3-5-2 definitely is one of the problems in Europe simply because it is completely incongruent to which how current systems must be deployed in Europe, the Champions League (and EL) has become a uniform contraction of ideas and who uses them best with their individual talent. Juventus is a team that builds around their midfield and defence yet compromises the integrity of their attack far to much as only very mobile strikers would succeed in this system given the lack of connection between the mid and attack along with the distance. That is also what happens in Europe as oppositions try to expand that gap as for all the midfield dominance, you aren't getting enough touches to the forwards even if they drop deep.

A streamlined 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 (e.g the European trends atm) would sacrifice an excellent playmaker in Bonnuci, compromise Marchisio in his new role (to which he has performed well in) and take away the use of wingbacks yet it would provide a more cohesive and outward formation that can be used to press without causing such gaps. It would harness LOLrente perfectly while Tevez is mobile enough to play outwide and not get in the way of LOLrente for once. By next season LOLrente will be in full fitness as Juventus simply do not use their CFs efficiently. Not Vucinic, not Quags, nor Tevez or Osvaldo and especially not LOLrente.

Conte needs to evolve past this system now.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:38 pm

If we do play 4-2-3-1 and Tevez plays on the left and not in the middle, I would sign Kagawa for that position. But I doubt we'll play 4-2-3-1, if anything it will be a 4-3-3.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:40 pm

Also, the only way we get Suarez is by selling Pogba, I highly doubt selling Llorente will get us enough for Suarez. I actually like Llorente, and right now, the only realistic options I would think about replacing him for around the same price we sell him would be, Mandzukic, Benteke, and Lukaku ( I really like Lukaku and maybe he can shine at Juventus, even though he hasn't at Chelsea). But that's still a maybe.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Guys, please try to stay within limits instead of saying that you want us to revert to a 4231 or 4312 or whaterver, cuz we all know that it wont happen. The only thing that could happen is a 433 as we have seen Conte use it in CL this year and in his first season.

And for the transfers too. Just keep away from saying that we would buy a good player from a big club ex. Kagawa, Di Maria etc... We only would buy these players if we sacrafice one of MVP.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Kagawa isn't playing a lot so I thought he wouldn't cost us too much money. Also, I said Di Maria because he costs around 30-35 million probably, and Devi said he heard reports of Mandzukic for 25 Million.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:28 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:Kagawa isn't playing a lot so I thought he wouldn't cost us too much money. Also, I said Di Maria because he costs around 30-35 million probably, and Devi said he heard reports of Mandzukic for 25 Million.

BS... Why would we want Mandzukic if our team is overloaded with STs and now we have Osvaldo too, who I think that we are most likely going to buy.

The biggest joke ever is juve spending 30-35m on Di Maria.... 3 years ago, we could have spent 40m on Aguero and we didn't. How can I convince you more....?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next