Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
zigra
sportsczy
emassy
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far - Page 3 Empty Re: Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:So you think rating every football player regardless of position should be done using individual statistics with complete disregard to team performance?  And you're accusing me of making no sense Laughing

The only thing stats do for strikers only is measure their individual effectiveness and 80% of how good they are because that's a position based on stats.  We're talking strikers ONLY and keepers.  The other 20% is intangibles imo.  When you look at other positions, stats are far less important...  impact on play (intangibles) take much higher importance.

If CR7 took a back seat on his statistical performance and it helped the team improve its play by others taking on more responsibility... then i would rate CR7 higher.  Yes, that is absolutely true and i have no problem saying it.

If CR7's team isn't winning trophies and there are things he could do to rectify that BUT he doesn't do it... then he's being self-absorbed.

Remember that Bayern won the treble with no player scoring 25 goals.  They had plenty of guys who could... but everyone sacrificed for the good of the team.  They are doing it again this year too.  As a footy fan and not a fanboy, that's far more impressive to me.
Who could ?

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far - Page 3 Empty Re: Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far

Post by jibers Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
sportsczy wrote:So you think rating every football player regardless of position should be done using individual statistics with complete disregard to team performance?  And you're accusing me of making no sense Laughing

The only thing stats do for strikers only is measure their individual effectiveness and 80% of how good they are because that's a position based on stats.  We're talking strikers ONLY and keepers.  The other 20% is intangibles imo.  When you look at other positions, stats are far less important...  impact on play (intangibles) take much higher importance.

If CR7 took a back seat on his statistical performance and it helped the team improve its play by others taking on more responsibility... then i would rate CR7 higher.  Yes, that is absolutely true and i have no problem saying it.

If CR7's team isn't winning trophies and there are things he could do to rectify that BUT he doesn't do it... then he's being self-absorbed.

Remember that Bayern won the treble with no player scoring 25 goals.  They had plenty of guys who could... but everyone sacrificed for the good of the team.  They are doing it again this year too.  As a footy fan and not a fanboy, that's far more impressive to me.
Who could ?
Robben Muller if they didn't track back and aggressively swapped positions and had team members shift in accordance with their movements ala CR7. Again, What Sports said is 100% true. Again, not to sound like a broken record, football is a team sport! Individual success has to translate to team success.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:44 pm

I get it, Ronaldo is the reason we didn't win anything last year Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Gil wrote:The Ronaldo hate is ridiculous. He's been nothing but humble for years now. Terrific role model for not only athletes but for every other human being out there. Don't understand the criticism.

When you get your own "supporters" hating on you mindlessly you know it's definitely getting out of hand. People seem over-eager to discredit his every achievement it seems these days and assassinate his character.
Great post
Cristiano the humble:

Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far - Page 3 Tumblr_mcf4qsjKs31qe9lszo1_500

Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far - Page 3 I2bvVqCT0MTep

"I am rich, handsome and a great footballer"

Just LOL.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Valkyrja wrote:I get it, Ronaldo is the reason we didn't win anything last year Laughing 
A tactical double edged sword. You can'tsay the team let him down when it is the TEAM that enables him to score 90% of his goals!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:51 pm

I swear some fans are just happy with Cr standing out and performing at his best, while other player had to sacrifices themselves to make him look that good.

The only way we gonna win CL is when cr start letting the other play more and assume as much responsibilities as he does, he doesn't need to score 60-70 goals a season to prove he is the best imo.

Last edited by chad4401 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:54 pm

jibers wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:At the end of the day the gap would most likely be even greater without Ronaldo. The criticism is falling on the wrong person.
OR...OR...just maybe if he was sold your team would be more balanced? Like, let's see...Bayern? Dortmund? The fact that a club like Madrid is talking like this about one player is just ridiculous. Ibra left inter, they won the treble the following season. Players will step up. Ronaldo scores that many goals because the TEAM plays for him specifically and that playing for him leaves other problems. Bayern did not have a player that scored over 25+ goals yet they did much better because they have balance. Madrid will never have balance as onlg as Ronaldo plays on the 'right wing'. Every single big game especially in the cl Ronaldo's flank has been overloaded. Said this when he was at United, I will continue to say it. The fact that all this can be solved if he plays CF but he does not like it shows that the team will carry on curtailing to him and Madrid will carry on hunting for the ever elusive la decima. Sports is 100% correct.

Ronaldo came to Madrid, they still came second, 2nd season, he was there, they still came second, last season, they still came second, they are currently third with all his amazingly important goals, they were second before he came, all in all, Ronaldo has not had that much effect on Madrid as a whole. That is the absolute truth. Did you buy him to just score goals or lead you to trophies? I leave you and some Madrid fans to answer that...
Or this Or that don't mean anything. We don't know how we would fair without him. The team doesn't play for Ronaldo as much as you are making it out to be. When you have a player of such quality it is normal for the team to focus on him more than the others and Ibra has never scored as many goals for any one team so you can't really compare.
We have bigger issues such as the f*cking shit defence we have and the fact that I can't remember the last time we played the same line-up two games in a row. Not to mention that fat blob that plays when he wants to play.
We have't had a fit left back once this season and Varane is going through the same issue. Ronaldo will lead us to La Liga this season. Book mark it.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm

emassy wrote:Come on guys,why are y'all hating on this rare gem? He did all that without madrid paying refs to steal away clear penalties. And if you ask me,i would love to lose 5-0 than play 5 matches against same opponent without a win. Pleeeeeease!!!
Elche would say otherwise
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:22 pm

chad4401 wrote:I swear some fans are just happy with Cr standing out and performing at his best, while other player had to sacrifices themselves to make him look that good.

The only way we gonna win CL is when cr start letting the other play more and assume as much responsibilities as he does, he doesn't need to score 60-70 goals a season to prove he is the best imo.
nail on the head right here; and I agree with you 100%. CR could easily boost that Madrid squad to a treble season, but he won't cause he's so driven to stand out. Not saying his own individual brilliance won't help him win titles, which it has. Just saying he could be capable of so much more if he listened to you

my 2 cents
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 pm

And again, i'm not blaming CR7 for anything... he is a great player. But when you starting comparing him to other players and you only use stats, then i have to take exception to it. Stats only tell part of the story, not the full story... if you're going to compare players directly, then you need to tell the full story.

If the point of the OP is to narrowly state that CR7 is statistically amazing, i'm fine with that... it's the absolute truth. His individual stats are great.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm

As far as sporting figures go, Cristiano is a good "role model" when it comes to how discipline and professional he is in keeping himself fit (mind and/or body) to do what he is being (highly) paid for. And of course, his continuous determination to achieve his own goals and career. Traits I personally think is worth admiring.

As for the thread itself, he has been exceptional so far this season but when his team is sitting 3rd with losses to 1st and 2nd place team respectfully, it tends to throw cold water on said personal performance.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:51 pm

chad4401 wrote:I swear some fans are just happy with Cr standing out and performing at his best, while other player had to sacrifices themselves to make him look that good.

+1!!

I have said the same thing regarding Messi..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 pm

I do think it's possible to win trophies with Ronaldo. He just needs to be more of a team player instead of being an individual player. He needs to always track. A winger always has to track back. Doesn't matter how good he is in attack. I don't mind if his attacking is sacrificed if we're better defensively.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 pm

I hope that is not directed at me....

Defending Ronaldo =/= blind fan boy.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:47 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:

I hope that is not directed at me....

Defending Ronaldo =/= blind fan boy.
Nah just speaking in general, we have a lot of very talented players, who imo are not playing to their maximums or being decisive as they could be in the bigger games.

I have seen hundreds of times players open and in better positions than cr, yet they get totally ignored and watch cr kick a bad shot surrounded by defenders Laughing, these things cost in the end every time.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3