CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
The Franchise
free_cat
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET. - Page 3 Empty Re: Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET.

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 am

Ok let me explain myself cause obviously there’s too much heat here.
Messi is a genius and he’s been our guardian angel since I don’t know when.
I have NO agenda against him.
What the kid said about him keeping a zone there by staying still is true and of course I can understand it as well as the next guy.
What really bothered me is the fact that when the defenders or the keep had the ball – and unlike Pedro or Sanchez – he did next to nothing to press.
The arguments of “why press” of “why defend since we were winning” are laughable since they judge by result.
Now I understand that Messi had an assist to his name and he might had a second one should Tello decided to put on his scoring boots, but still to me he seemed to only care about scoring from a point on and that’s something unappealing to my football aesthetics.
In any case, justified or not some times we tend to over-judge players we love. That’s all

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET. - Page 3 Empty Re: Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET.

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Collblanc wrote:
billy_gr wrote:on another note the amount of walking Messi does is driving me crazy
You really have no clue about his positioning and off the ball movement. Laughing I am going to explain the same thing I explained in the Clasico topic - Messi is being marked by two people, every game, in every zone. This means he distracts a midfielder and a defender, he is standing still to keep his zone still giving space around the zone for Pedro and Alexis, and for Iniesta/Cesc/Xavi to come in his zone from midfield and exploit the given space. Please, watch the zonal defending around Messi before you talk shit again, you have 0 clue.
No need to be an ass.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 pm

I didn't get to watch the game. I see that Messi was heavily involved, but the Messi that I see was unusually imprecise. His fault or the fact that our gameplan is more 'anarchic'? Also I think many of those 6-7 instances in which he 'should' have scored were perfectly saveable, bar 1 or 2.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:27 pm

download the game. focus on messi and you'll see that he seems more obsesed to score than usual.
as I said, he had an assist to his name and he tryied to distribute some nice balls on some occassions but overall he seemed desperate for a goal to my eyes. He's better than that, hence my criticism
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanos1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Would not you be desperate if you didnt score a goal in last month? We are talking about a man who used to score 2 goals every game. He had 1 selfish moment and it happened when the team were winning

Every world class scorer is selfish but Messi is the most unselfish goalscorer in the world

vanos1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:25 pm

The excuse making here for Messi is emberassing... he played lazy and selfish. Just admit It.

Looks like Sanchez will have a great year, after his underachieving last season.
Celta got real strong, at the end of the 1st half the game was actually pretty even. Barca pressed and ended it quickly after 50+ minutes.
Some good chances at the end of the match for both teams, good goalkeeping performances from both gk's.
Barca lots of counters and fast attacks.

Fabregas MoM.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 pm

67 posts from this guy, all about Messi thats a real joke Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:25 pm

Donuts wrote:67 posts from this guy, all about Messi thats a real joke Smile
Wait, how do you see that as a post about Messi?
That was about Barcelona&the Game....

https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

You only see what you want to see..
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:
Donuts wrote:67 66 posts from this guy, all about Messi thats a real joke Smile
Wait, how do you see that as a post about Messi?
That was about Barcelona&the Game....

https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

You only see what you want to see..
There, i fixed Donut's comment for you. Is that better?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:10 pm

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:The excuse making here for Messi is emberassing... he played lazy and selfish. Just admit It.

Looks like Sanchez will have a great year, after his underachieving last season.
Celta got real strong, at the end of the 1st half the game was actually pretty even. Barca pressed and ended it quickly after 50+ minutes.
Some good chances at the end of the match for both teams, good goalkeeping performances from both gk's.
Barca lots of counters and fast attacks.

Fabregas MoM.
Selfish? Having the 2nd most assist in the last 4 years(only Özil has more and that's his primarily job) ain't being selfish , atleast not more than any other goalscorer.

He is a ballhog, but every great dribbler is a ballhog.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3