Will Manchester United finish in the top 4?

+19
aleumdance
Blue Barrett
Peccadillo
hrealmadrid
fatman123
Mr Nick09
Motogp69
McAgger
Chumlum
ioilersrock448
Lex
Gil
jibers
RealGunner
Djcomplain
ExtremistEnigma
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
Cassius
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? Empty Will Manchester United finish in the top 4?

Post by Cassius Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:40

Before i start this isnt a hate thread, it was inspired by an article i read earlier about SAF saying Moyes will do well to win a trophy this season.. just got me thinking.

So, I know its easrly days yet but this is Utds' worst start in years. Currently 8th place with 11 points same with Hull City and 4 points behind 7th place Everton.

Id say they have some tough competition this year to finish in the top 4. Arsenal, Liverpool. chelsea, City, Tottenham can all fight just as much, if not more than united, for CL spots this season.

What's your opinion on this? should be bumped towards the seasons end.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? Empty Re: Will Manchester United finish in the top 4?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:59

Yes. They will finish top 4

from bottom

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? Empty Re: Will Manchester United finish in the top 4?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:04

I still think they will yes.

But i don't see them finishing higher than 4th tbh.

Top 3 will be any combination of Arsenal, City and Chelsea with Man Yoo taking Arsenal's role in scraping past Spurs for 4th on the final day Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:09

Moyes is a terrific manager and he needs to be given a lot of time to stamp his authority to the squad. He needs to be given money in January to but long term replacements for RVP/Rooney/Vidic/Carrick and implement his vision into the side. Fellaini already showing to be shrewd as we saw United's shape fell apart after he was subbed yesterday. Jelavic, Baines, and re-purchase of Gibbson will complete the Moyesification of the Red Devils

UNITED NEED STABILITY. 6 years isn't stability...Moyes must stay for them to be competitive. Moyes :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:10

If you had asked this at the start of the season, then I would've said a definite yes but now I'm quite unsure. Players lack hunger and Moyes is a joke.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Djcomplain Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:23

Natalie Portman wrote:Moyes is a terrific manager and he needs to be given a lot of time to stamp his authority to the squad. He needs to be given money in January to but long term replacements for RVP/Rooney/Vidic/Carrick and implement his vision into the side. Fellaini already showing to be shrewd as we saw United's shape fell apart after he was subbed yesterday. Jelavic, Baines, and re-purchase of Gibbson will complete the Moyesification of the Red Devils

UNITED NEED STABILITY. 6 years isn't stability...Moyes must stay for them to be competitive. Moyes :bow:

Very Happy
Djcomplain
Djcomplain
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:41

Yea they will. They are Manchester United.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:46

RealGunner wrote:Yea they will. They are Manchester United.
Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? Old-man-crying-gif
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:50

One of Liverpool/Spurs will bottle it so yes I think.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:52

Manchester United, as an entity, used to be the team plus Alex Ferguson. Whatever this is now, it certainly isn't Manchester United
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 21:18

This is still Manchester United, the fighting spirit will always be there. Man U will finish at least 4th.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 21:51

Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? David-Moyes-1878429

He's learnt from the master :bow:
Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? PANews+BT_N0051341376134727300A_I1

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun 20 Oct 2013, 22:30

I think they will. Obviously they've looked a lot more discombobulated than we're used to seeing from the Fergie era. There are gaps and weaknesses in the squad that will have to be addressed sooner or later. And Moyes is undergoing a real trial by fire on a level much higher than he's been tested at before. But these guys are still defending champions. They have numerous elite players. They'll be fine and finish in the top four, I think.

Keep in mind, Man Utd have had a tough starting schedule in the league, too. They've already faced Chelsea at home (scoreless draw), they've gone to the Etihad and Anfield and lost. Sure they also dropped points against Southampton and West Brom (both at home), and that's cause for concern if you're a United fan, but otherwise Moyes & Co. haven't been getting results wildly out of place. They beat Swansea and Crystal Palace and Sunderland.

By comparison, just to keep things in perspective, Arsenal have been doing quite well but have only played a single 'big 6' team so far. (And that was hilarious because we beat Spurs and didn't even need Özil.) So I'd say we need to be several weeks further in the season before we start really considering if a team is in crisis or will finish top 4 or will win the PL, etc.

(Although it is hilarious/sad how obvious it is that media would be savaging Arsenal & Wenger if they were in the exact same position as Man Utd & Moyes right now. I'm not hating on Utd for this, by the way, it's not their fault. I think it's a function of ingrained media stupidity and groupthink instead.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 20 Oct 2013, 22:56

I'm going to go ahead and be the first one to say it. United will NOT make top 4.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:08

I would love to say no, but considering there is no clear front runner for the title I have no doubt they'll be in the argument come the end of the season.

Either way, this will be the most entertaining Premier League season in years. I am already imagining how ridiculous the January transfer window will be given the fact that so many teams will still be in play for the title and the top 4.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:18

What exactly is wrong with them? are they missing the fergie magic? because their team hasnt chnaged much from last season... Is it Moyes screwing up with bad tactical choices or the players not living up to what they are supposed to do?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:21

Well tbf Fellaini arguably makes them worse Laughing

Say what you want about Cleverly but at least he's good defensively and makes the right decisions.... can't say that about Fellaini.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:28

They're going to have to spend smartly in Jan if they're going to make a run for 4th place becuase atm i cant see Moyes getting this team into a CL place
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:49

I could be wrong, I'm not a United fan and I don't watch them religiously.

However, from what I've seen they don't generate the width which they used to. When I think of the "United" way I think of Nani and Ronaldo marauding down the wings. It's slowly been getting worse and worse since Ronaldo left and has been complicated by the fact that Nani has been injured and inconsistent when available.

When United actually generate width it typically opens up the channels for their offensive creativity and takes pressure off of their back line. I think this is why Januzaj has been a breath of fresh air on the left wing, because he can create centrally for the team while still effectively maintaining width.

You can even use the Southampton game as an example. They could have potentially lost that game, but through the width created by Nani and Januzaj they were able to band-aid what was a horrible game by Rooney and RVP.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 21 Oct 2013, 02:06

Will Manchester United finish in the top 4? BXDWiwPIAAAdN8g

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon 21 Oct 2013, 02:12

I think they will finish in the top 4. Spuds will capsize as per usual
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 02:19

Good luck if you think this Spurs team will bottle it, but back on topic :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon 21 Oct 2013, 05:49

Hopefully their shattered confidence continues up until 11/11

Will they make top 4? Impossible to say. It's getting less likely weekly at this rate
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 21 Oct 2013, 08:36

Mr Nick09 wrote:What exactly is wrong with them? are they missing the fergie magic? because their team hasnt chnaged much from last season... Is it Moyes screwing up with bad tactical choices or the players not living up to what they are supposed to do?
As I said last season, this team was shit last year as well. Difference is, they had the greatest manager of all time who was ridiculously good at papering the cracks and patching things up to the point where you couldn't really spot the weaknesses. They're being exposed right now. I have no doubt they'll string together a run with a few wins which will serve as a mirage and take the pressure off for a lil bit. In the end, they'll miss out on top 4. There's just no way I see them finishing ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs or Liverpool.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:20

Blue Barrett wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:What exactly is wrong with them? are they missing the fergie magic? because their team hasnt chnaged much from last season... Is it Moyes screwing up with bad tactical choices or the players not living up to what they are supposed to do?
As I said last season, this team was shit last year as well. Difference is, they had the greatest manager of all time who was ridiculously good at papering the cracks and patching things up to the point where you couldn't really spot the weaknesses. They're being exposed right now. I have no doubt they'll string together a run with a few wins which will serve as a mirage and take the pressure off for a lil bit. In the end, they'll miss out on top 4. There's just no way I see them finishing ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs or Liverpool.
One of the most mentally ill stricken posts I have ever seen. A manager papering the cracks of players playing on the pitch? Are you on drugs? I suppose we were crap when we lost out the season before on goal difference eh. Or when we reached the cl final in 2011...

New manager, new COACHING staff. SAF never coached. The coaching is different and Moyes needs to find his best team. We will find our form. Even SAF said he didn't expect Moyes to win immediately. What a load of crap. You can'twin the EPL with a shit team. Get it out of your head.United will finish ahead of your shite team that much is certain Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next