Valkyrja
Donuts
eelir
danyjr
free_cat
The Franchise
12 posters

Go down

Bartomeu and Zubizarreta: “We have the squad we wanted”  Empty Bartomeu and Zubizarreta: “We have the squad we wanted”

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 pm

FC Barcelona’s vice president for sport, Josep Maria Bartomeu, and the director of football Andoni Zubizarreta have spoken to the press about the general situation at the club, the summer transfer window, and they also presented the coaching staff for the 2013/14 season. “It has been the strangest preseason. What we never expected was the enforced goodbye to Tito Vilanova,” said Bartomeu, who underlined that it changed many of the team’s plans, but he also assured that “despite the complexities, we have the squad we wanted”.

He also said that in financial terms, the club has achieved success because “for the second year in a row we have spent less than our budget for new players.” Zubizarreta agreed, saying, “I’m delighted with the squad we have.” He added that “the team is competing extraordinarily well. You don’t just find cups in the museum. You have to go out and win them … This team has always wanted to get better and I think we’re making an effort to do that.” But he did admit that Barça’s main objective is still to find a centre back. “Throughout Barça’s history, centre backs have always been difficult to sign,” he said, noting that “nobody has told me that any deals couldn’t be made for financial reasons. But whenever you try to make deals you reach a point when you feel a player is only worth so much and no more.”

Asked about details of recent transfers, Bartomeu confirmed that Neymar had cost 57 million euros, 17.1 of which corresponded to the player’s federative rights. “Santos have freed us from the confidentiality agreement but one of the companies involved did not,” he explained. “We have a global collaboration agreement with Santos for 7.9 million euros and preferential rights to three young footballers. We won’t mention any names so as not to draw attention to them. If any of them come here, then that amount will be an advance payment on their future transfer fee.” Bartomeu also revealed that “the agreement for Villa’s transfer included preferential rights to two young Atlético Madrid players.”

Zubizarreta spoke on the subject of captain Carles Puyol, saying that “his recovery is going very positively so we have included him in our considerations for the immediate future of the squad. We are working on the idea of him returning after the international break. We’re reasonably optimistic. Puyol has gone through a difficult patch and that says a lot for him.”

Finally, the pair discussed details of this season’s technical staff. Obviously at the helm is Gerard Tata Martino as manager, then there is Jorge Pautasso as his assistant and both Jordi Roura and Rubi are to stay on. “Those are the coaches we have,” said Zubizarreta. “At the moment I haven’t seen any of them with their arms crossed. It’s a big team, but they all work well together … I congratulate Martino for being so flexible since he arrived. The team have also shown willingness. I think we’re finding the right balance.” He also added that “the door is open for Tito to do what he thinks best. But right now, we should leave him alone because what matters most is his health.”

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news/bartomeu-and-zubizarreta-we-have-the-squad-we-wanted/#ixzz2dxIUaift

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Bartomeu and Zubizarreta: “We have the squad we wanted”  Empty Re: Bartomeu and Zubizarreta: “We have the squad we wanted”

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm

This press conference was a farce from start to end.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Bartomeu and Zubizarreta: “We have the squad we wanted”  Empty Re: Bartomeu and Zubizarreta: “We have the squad we wanted”

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I watched the last 10 minutes, I managed to get frustrated in those 10 minutes alone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:41 pm

All Zubizarreta and Rosell have are the remnants of the strong base Begiristain and Laporta put in place. The new board is as bad as Gaspart who inherited a strong club from Núñez yet did all he could in order to damage it (not intentionally you'd hope).

There's no one you'd want to sign from Santos really. I like Oliver Torres from Atlético though.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:58 pm

I am fuming right now Evil or Very Mad 
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Oliver torres is the named that has been thrown out for the past month that we have priority over any other club should they come calling, due to us selling them Villa.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:05 pm

I think Oliver Torres is a great talent, I even jumped on him late because I really didnt watch Spain's youth teams like 2-3 years ago (watched a bit of France, Brazil, Argentina and Germany however) however, I am still unsure of what position he intends on playing in the future.

Is he a 4, a 8, a 10?

He has amazing ability in tight spaces and vision to play passes...but he doesnt seem to advance the ball much or take people on going forwards.

To me, this sounds like a 4...but I dont see the defensive skills of a 4 either.

He is still young though so he has time. I wonder who the other player we have "preferential rights" to...maybe Koke?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Rumor is that we have preferential rights for Saul and Manquillo, not Oliver. And anyway, preferential rights useless.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think Oliver Torres is a great talent, I even jumped on him late because I really didnt watch Spain's youth teams like 2-3 years ago (watched a bit of France, Brazil, Argentina and Germany however) however, I am still unsure of what position he intends on playing in the future.

Is he a 4, a 8, a 10?

He has amazing ability in tight spaces and vision to play passes...but he doesnt seem to advance the ball much or take people on going forwards.

To me, this sounds like a 4...but I dont see the defensive skills of a 4 either.

He is still young though so he has time. I wonder who the other player we have "preferential rights" to...maybe Koke?

he plays a bit like Xavi.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 am

you know what?
I would actually be ok (or more ok) if the club actually valued Bartra at all. But it's clear that the kid is only destined to play a few CDR games.
No mater if he actually is what we need, if these clowns really wanted to give him a chance I would feel a little better for not buying anyone. Right now we only have 2,5 defenders and this will be our downfall this season
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 am

Why use Bartra when we can use Adriano, and then he can get himself injured so we wont be able to use him where he is supposed to be used?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 am

Is early election possible?.Both Rosell and Zubi are shit.We are going nowhere with these clowns.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 am

Hope Koke is one of those players.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 am

free_cat wrote:Rumor is that we have preferential rights for Saul and Manquillo, not Oliver. And anyway, preferential rights useless.
*phew* wipes sweat off forhead

why would you need Manquillo anyways when you have Montoya scratch Also Busquets is still young so I wonder why you would be after Saul as well lmao

Oliver would have made the most sense who is like Xavi but with better ball controll and speed. he would have been the perfect replacement to him. However he tends to hold the ball for too long tho which is something he needs to work on. but if there was one guy I would want at Madrid it would be him. To hell with Modric if this guy signs.....but its obviously never going to happen though so why bother dreaming

He is currently the back up to Koke so if Koke leaves he would start and if he leaves Koke stays so its going to be either or to whoever want them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:13 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
free_cat wrote:Rumor is that we have preferential rights for Saul and Manquillo, not Oliver. And anyway, preferential rights useless.
Oliver would have made the most sense who is like Xavi but with better ball controll and speed.
Please, no one has more ball control than Xavi.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 am

free_cat wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Oliver would have made the most sense who is like Xavi but with better ball controll and speed.
Please, no one has more ball control than Xavi.
you would be surprised when you see him trust. its impossible to get the ball off him unless you push him down. the guy just oozes of quality I wish he didn't play for Atleti or that we stole him off them when he was a kid No
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:46 am

I've seen him play, he doesn't have more ball control than Xavi.
He reminds more of Iniesta than Xavi though, great ball control, but not Xavi's level of passing.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 am

How can anyone have more control than Xavi, this concept seems alien to me.

Comparable if you like, but more? Literally impossible.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 am

free_cat wrote:I've seen him play, he doesn't have more ball control than Xavi.
He reminds more of Iniesta than Xavi though, great ball control, but not Xavi's level of passing.
not many players can pass as accurately as Xavi/Xabi but he is definitely getting there. he won't reach that hight of quality in his passes but thats not necessarily a bad thing because very few players can emulate that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 pm

I would say he has better footwork, but no way is his ball control better hala imo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Hala in overrating Spanish youth shocker.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down