Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 29 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:50 pm

shocking..

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 29 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

yes yes yes ! Thankyou Spurs Proud
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Am I the only one who thinks people overrate defensive midfielders? With refs being a lot more strict on challenges and tackles along with clubs moving towards more possession based systems I think their influence on matches are decreasing with each passing year.

Inb4igetflamed

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

So is Wilshere giving up the #10 or what?

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

danyjr wrote:
Lex wrote:danyjr thinks that 40M euros for Higauin is fine, but 45M euros for Ozil is vastly overpriced Laughing
1- Never said overpriced. I said it was not a bargain, and I still believe that. Not a bargain at all.
2- Yes Higuaín is worth every penny. He's a world class striker and you would have loved to have him at Arsenal.
3- He's Argentine :coffee:
1.it is. PSG could have easily bid double what we paid. We got off lightly

2. Giroud>>>>Higauin :coffee:

3. Yes he is
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 pm

3lite wrote:So is Wilshere giving up the #10 or what?
Özil is getting no 11.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Congrats Arsenal fans. You've got yourselves a quality player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Is this forum basically a Arsenal fan club in disguise?

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 pm

RED wrote:Congrats Arsenal fans. You've got yourselves a quality player.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Gil wrote:Am I the only one who thinks people overrate defensive midfielders?  With refs being a lot more strict on challenges and tackles along with clubs moving towards  more possession based systems I think their influence on matches are decreasing with each passing year.

Inb4igetflamed

Nope i agree completely.... we have been a lot stronger defensively since we have been using a Ben Arfa-Anita-Sissoko-Marveaux midfield.

I see nothing wrong with Arsenal's midfield.... Wilshere and Ramsey looked pretty good against Spurs didn't it? despite all the hype over Paulinho-Capoue-Dembele's so called pace and power.

And Arsenal have looked very strong defensively over the last 6 months.... what they needed to me was a top class striker and a top class AM/IF ( depending where you want Cazorla)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Outside the Emirates...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Lex wrote:1.it is. PSG could have easily bid double what we paid.
Except they didn't.

Lex wrote:2. Giroud>>>>Higauin :coffee:
I'm sure. The only thing he is better at is barging into people and winning long balls. Typical 'English' striker, so much for a team who distances itself from that kind of football and associates itself with beautiful passing football Proud

Last edited by danyjr on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Well Spurs offered no threat in between the lines and have no dynamism or speed in that space either, of course those midfielders can cope.

But I saw many many times last season Arteta completely left for dead when up against real creative players with those skills.

Granted there are not a ton of them in the PL, but even so I saw enough.

And I said nothing about tackling. Arteta just isnt a great defensive player, he gives Arsenal the exact same weakness Alonso gives Madrid. Immobility.

Last edited by The Franchise on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 pm

PSG outbid us for Ozil, actually, but were shot down by both Ozil and Madrid
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Well I guess Oezil will be more loved in London rather in Madrid..

Good for him. You big eyed bastard! How dare you leave us like this you sick son of a...

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Lex wrote:PSG outbid us for Ozil, actually, but were shot down by both Ozil and Madrid
Nah.Usual crap from French sources :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Nice coup Arsenal. He's true superstar. F*cking Perez. Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 pm

danyjr wrote:I'm sure. The only thing he is better at is barging into people and winning long balls. Typical 'English' striker, so much for a team who distances itself from that kind of football and associates itself with beautiful passing football Proud
I'm talking about Olivier Giroud who plays for Arsenal, not Antonio Mario Giroud that you're thinking of from Primera B Metropolitana
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 pm

S.... a little young to be so bitter and condescending, no?

PSG offered for Ozil but Ozil wanted to play the #10 role. Impossible with Ibra and Cavani both. This + Wenger pushed him to choose Arsenal. You see? Some common sense applied and things aren't the bad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well Spurs offered no threat in between the lines and have no dynamism or speed in that space either, of course those midfielders can cope.

But I saw many many times last season Arteta completely left for dead when up against real creative players with those skills.

And I said nothing about tackling. Arteta just isnt a great defensive player, he gives Arsenal the exact same weakness Alonso gives Madrid. Immobility.
Well true but that's why they have someone like Ramsey in the midfield isn't it? and as you say there's not many teams that offer much in between in the lines.

Its not something that seems to effect them all too often.... to me they are a functional and hard workin side but lack quality in the final third.

Ozil provides the first part of that, i still think they need another striker to challenge as i don't believe Giroud is enough to win things and i do like him.

But i don't feel any CB, DM etc etc will provide the impact Ozil will.

Keep these players, add some depth and a WC striker next summer and then they can challenge.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Lex wrote:PSG outbid us for Ozil, actually, but were shot down by both Ozil and Madrid
Uncle Flo rejecting a higher bid from PSG to sell them to Arsenal? Get a grip on life bro, I know both you and Great Leader hate Madrid but making shit up is not the way to win arguments against them Laughing
Lex wrote:I'm talking about Olivier Giroud who plays for Arsenal, not Antonio Mario Giroud that you're thinking of from Primera B Metropolitana
I'm done with you Lex. You crack me up from time to time but you are deluded beyond belief. FYI I am an Arsenal season ticket holder so stop giving me shit.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:10 pm

This is a dilema - I think I have to say no to watching Napoli this year. To hell with that Serie A nonsense.

Jack
Oz
Santi
Arteta
Walcott
Giroud

Arsenal have forced my hand Proud
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:S.... a little young to be so bitter and condescending, no?  

PSG offered for Ozil but Ozil wanted to play the #10 role.  Impossible with Ibra and Cavani both.  This + Wenger pushed him to choose Arsenal.  You see?  Some common sense applied and things aren't the bad.  
I never said he dint say no to QSG.I just dint believe the reports of them offering 70m,
And Like it or not L-Equipe's 'reliability' has taken a hit this summer.So stop being so defensive to anything French related.

Last edited by S on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Lex I can confirm Ozil will not flop like Gervinho.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well Spurs offered no threat in between the lines and have no dynamism or speed in that space either, of course those midfielders can cope.

Well true but that's why they have someone like Ramsey in the midfield isn't it? and as you say there's not many teams that offer much in between in the lines.

Its not something that seems to effect them all too often.... to me they are a functional and hard workin side but lack quality in the final third.

Ozil provides the first part of that, i still think they need another striker to challenge as i don't believe Giroud is enough to win things and i do like him.

But i don't feel any CB, DM etc etc will provide the impact Ozil will.

Keep these players, add some depth and a WC striker next summer and then they can challenge.
But when Ramsey (or anyone really for that matter) plays with Arteta, they have no choice but venture forward because Arteta stays deeper and plays the first pass from deep. So they have be the connector.

And then, when Arsenal get countered, its not Ramsey who is back, its Arteta.

I think they will still have problems in that area.

I also think they will have problems with wingers who come inside, because the fullbacks want to pass them on to the midfield, but if they do that to Arteta, its going to be mixed results.

I agree, probably not as important as having an Ozil, but for me, thats still a weakness and I think Wenger see's it. Probably why he has agreed to keep Flamini on. Just to me, Flamini is not who I had in mind to fill that somewhat niche role in the squad.

Before his injury, I saw what Capoue was doing for Spurs and alot of it, the sort of things no midfielder at Arsenal does.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:15 pm

ok dude. Whatever you say. I kept out of it mostly because you guys couldn't differentiate a story that had "Info de l'equipe" plastered on it as opposed to one where l'equipe was using an external source. Wasn't worth my time to make the distinction.

But when, for example, l'equipe is quoting a Marca story, then you probably want to pay attention to the reliability of Marca as opposed to L'equipe (hint: it happened often).

Anyhow, i'm not here to teach people how to critically read. To each his own.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next