Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 30 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:15 pm

ok dude. Whatever you say. I kept out of it mostly because you guys couldn't differentiate a story that had "Info de l'equipe" plastered on it as opposed to one where l'equipe was using an external source. Wasn't worth my time to make the distinction.

But when, for example, l'equipe is quoting a Marca story, then you probably want to pay attention to the reliability of Marca as opposed to L'equipe (hint: it happened often).

Anyhow, i'm not here to teach people how to critically read. To each his own.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 30 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 pm

I agree on the point they have problems in that area but i'd definitely say that its not an area that's more important than getting an AM in of Ozil's quality.

The only area in my mind which was perhaps more important was probably getting a striker like Suarez or Benzema for example but this was definitely the next big thing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Can't believe it ...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 pm

You wanted Bale, you got Bale.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree on the point they have problems in that area but i'd definitely say that its not an area that's more important than getting an AM in of Ozil's quality.

The only area in my mind which was perhaps more important was probably getting a striker like Suarez or Benzema for example but this was definitely the next big thing.
Mole talking sense again. I've taught you well lad Proud
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:33 pm

I f*cking bought Ozil's number in my Madrid jersey for this season. F*ck you Perez. Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 pm

McAgger wrote:I f*cking bought Ozil's number in my Madrid jersey for this season. F*ck you Perez. Mad
I have sympathy for you, I was so close to getting a Thiago shirt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:36 pm

I might consider getting Ozils Arsenal shirt Razz
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 pm

McAgger wrote:I f*cking bought Ozil's number in my Madrid jersey for this season. F*ck you Perez. Mad
Common sense always tells me to wait till transfer window shuts...
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 pm

eelir wrote:I might consider getting Ozils Arsenal shirt Razz
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:47 pm

i was going to get an arsenal away kit anyways, now i know who i want.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:49 pm

It's........it's beautiful

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 30 Tumblr_mawssa1heH1r1w4c5
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Le Samourai wrote:You wanted Bale, you got Bale.
You made it sound like a bad thing. No need to be so over dramatic Sam, the team is still pretty much competitive...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:01 am

Doc wrote:
You made it sound like a bad thing. No need to be so over dramatic Sam, the team is still pretty much competitive...
First, Happy belated Independence day

Second, I like who I like :razz:

Valkija spent the whole month saying Bale is the best in the world and this and that. I feel a little masochistic/sadomasochistic pleasure in seeing the Bale transfer backfire on him. Then I remember I'm in the same boat Sad
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:10 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Doc wrote:
First, Happy belated Independence day

Second, I like who I like :razz:

Valkija spent the whole month saying Bale is the best in the world and this and that. I feel a little masochistic/sadomasochistic pleasure in seeing the Bale transfer backfire on him. Then I remember I'm in the same boat Sad
Ofc I wanted Bale coz he's a great player but Ozil is my favourite active player ffs... I was feeling bad when he was subbed off or when he was on the bench because its a pleasure to watch him and the team looked incomplete when he wasn't on the pitch
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 am

I love it when a plan comes together OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 30 Xowen10
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 am

Where does this rank among the most expensive transfers in EPL hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:27 am

S wrote:Where does this rank among the most expensive transfers in EPL hmm
2nd behind Torres to Chelsea
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:33 am

Tevez to Man City was more; £47.5m.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am

The_Badger wrote:Tevez to Man City was more; £47.5m.
Wat Laughing

Tevez cost 25m.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 am

heartbroken
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 am

I really can't believe this happened :')

Wenger and the board did a very good job this window. Honestly I'm a little disappointed in the lack of another defender but oh well. That really doesn't matter. We got the best number 10 in the world.. We signed freaking Ozil!! An in prime 24 year old super star from Real Madrid of all places!!.. This must send such a message to all the players that the team is serious, and takes so much pressure off of our boys having to deal with all the negativity that was aimed at management. Its gotta be hard to stay serious in that type of environment.. I mean, call me crazy, but competing seems in the very near future! Things are really looking up. I was dreading waiting a season doing nothing and then begging Cesc to take us back next year. Im glad that this probably closes the book on that.

All we have to do now is make it to january. Itll be tough but we've got a good squad, and if we can fight and leave the team in good positions and within striking distance of trophies, we might even be able to add some more depth/talent as soon as then. This is going to be a great exciting season Very Happy
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 am

Spurs sign all of dem players... Then Wenger gets someone better than them all on the last day of the transfer window Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 am

What am I reading. Consensus was Arsenal need a DM, a GK, a CF and possibly a LW. They signed Flamini and their 50th AM. And suddenly this is a success? I think Arsenal fans were so starved of signings they're just happy they signed someone, let alone a class player, but I wouldn't call this a successful transfer season for Arsene.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What am I reading. Consensus was Arsenal need a DM, a GK, a CF and possibly a LW. They signed Flamini and their 50th AM. And suddenly this is a success? I think Arsenal fans were so starved of signings they're just happy they signed someone, let alone a class player, but I wouldn't call this a successful transfer season for Arsene.
Flamini is the DM/RB and he will be adequate, i would have liked a younger more physical DM but Flamini has Vocal leadership quality that our Mid Lack, you could see in the Spurs game that he was tell the others what to do and screaming at them. Plus in our formation we kinda play a double pivot of deep mids, with one stay back most of the time (Arteta). We had Ramsey and Arteta play in that role during the end of the season and our defense was solid, because the Midfield is doing more defensive work now as a team which we lack before.

Szczesny has been pretty good so far and GK wasn't a priority but now we have 3 Good Keepers to give competition, Szczesny is only 23 and will improve with competition

The way Arsenal has been playing since a end of the season, it seems like Wenger doesn't mind Santi playing LW because he basically adds another man in the middle (which Wenger likes), and switches around with another mids. At times our formation becomes a 4-4-2 with Theo and Giroud at the top and Santi moving in the middle

CF is the only concern, and it's not like we didn't try, we went for Higgy, Suarez and Ba but none came to be
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What am I reading. Consensus was Arsenal need a DM, a GK, a CF and possibly a LW. They signed Flamini and their 50th AM. And suddenly this is a success? I think Arsenal fans were so starved of signings they're just happy they signed someone, let alone a class player, but I wouldn't call this a successful transfer season for Arsene.
It's by no mean perfect but encouraging start and extremely successful based on Arsenal standard.

Arsenal has covered GK and C/DM with Viviano and Flamini, granted it's back up option but they're better than what we got and will add in overall quality. Wenger still has faith in Chesny so Viviano is short term push for starting position, a safe option. While Cesar or Begovic are great, their arrivals would mean Chesny is pushed to the bench and that's not what Wenger has in mind, agree with him or not.

Our LW is covered with Santi now with Ozil moved in, Santi will play permanently on the left to help out Gibbs, not in traditional sense but on paper he is LW. I envision him and Ozil will interchange, one drift out, one hug center.

CF is 1 short but it's not like Wenger didn't try to bring someone in the last minute. We would have to do with Best CF on planet Bendtner, Sanogo and Podolski. Come January, who knows what would happen in the market.

Ozil signing is significant moment, it might not be the position we need the most or means anything to other fans who constantly see world class purchase year by year but for gunners, it could has much needed effect like when Denis came in 1996

- Break club record/ break wage structure finally, there will be more world class signings to come
- Reassure the fans the club is not money hoarding evil machine
- Finally Wenger stubbornness is broke down ?
- Expectation will be higher, no more 4th place trophy, more responsibilities.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next