Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 16 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Babun Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:43

Mr Nick09 wrote:i disagree with you. Ancelotti chose Di Maria over him, and you can clearly see that Carlo was highly unhappy with the way Ozil was playing. Ozil didnt like playing wide and having to run a lot to cover the fullback, Carlo is even more ruthless about it than Mourinho.

He is making clear that commitment and effort >> pure talent.

So Ozil bitching about more money wasnt tolerated and now he is gone

So you offload our second best player over the last 2 seasons after 2 games for an unknown quantity from EPL? Laughing The move will bite us in the **s. He is a WC player will shine wherever he goes. We ,on the other hand, will be totally dependent on Isco and Bale. I don't trust any of those to be more effective than Özil over the course of the season right now.

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 16 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Le Samourai Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:45

Ozil is one of Perez' favorite players, and he has more marketing potential than Bale anyway, he probably has the 2nd largest global fan base on our team other than Ronaldo. The only reason he'd be sold is if he wants to be sold.

There is little logic to spare in any of this really, but it's timing. Bale came in and now there's uncertainty about Ozil's place in a World Cup year...he has to make a huge career decision right now. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave.

Shit, if he was up for it, I would loan him out for the year to a club of his choice. If he's insistent on leaving. His price will rise after a year in the PL.

PS - Cut out the revisionist history, nobody ever hammered Ozil for either of those things. Was there criticism? Yes. We criticize everyone, but he was consistently among our better performers in the CL and we certainly never lost games on his lack of effort.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:48; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:47

Bale isn't a RW anyway, just like Ozil isn't. Both play AM/SS.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:48

Babun wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:i disagree with you. Ancelotti chose Di Maria over him, and you can clearly see that Carlo was highly unhappy with the way Ozil was playing. Ozil didnt like playing wide and having to run a lot to cover the fullback, Carlo is even more ruthless about it than Mourinho.

So you offload our second best player over the last 2 seasons after 2 games for an unknown quantity from EPL? :lol:The move will bite us in the **s. He is a WC player will shine wherever he goes. We ,on the other hand, will be totally dependent on Isco and Bale. I don't trust any of those to be more effective than Özil over the course of the season right now.
Maybe it will bite us back, maybe it wont. but we have clearly seen in madrid that pure talent alone is good for la liga but not enough to win the CL. Bale is not a scrub, however we may not like him.

you guys, right at this moment are forgetting all his shortcomings and only remembering the youtube highlights.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:57

@babun..

We hired a new coach and Carlo doesnt fancy a No 10 in his new formation which is why Ozil is going out....do any one know why Carlo preferred Di maria to Ozil? its because Di maria plays better at RW than Ozil who is half the player he is centrally when played at RW.

At the end of the day a formation change is what forced Ozil out not his quality.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:59

Let's forget for a moment how Mourinho moved Ozil out of n10 to play modric because of higher workrate, or Low for kroos vs italy so that someone could have a go at Pirlo... them sweet memories i burried surfacing back Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:00

Oezil to knock Madrid out of the CL Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:05

I'm on team Ozil. :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:11

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 16 BTJ_1FiCUAAtvqo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:12

the cancer has been removed cheers
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:13

Mr Nick09 wrote:the cancer has been removed cheers
I hope he scores against Madrid just for you. Very Happy
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:19

El Shaarawy wrote:OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 16 BTJ_1FiCUAAtvqo
Love you more than ever now Kaka Proud
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:20

Adit wrote:@babun..

We hired a new coach and Carlo doesnt fancy a No 10 in his new formation which is why Ozil is going out....do any one know why Carlo preferred Di maria to Ozil? its because Di maria plays better at RW than Ozil who is half the player he is centrally when played at RW.

At the end of the day a formation change is what forced Ozil out not his quality.
This is complete bullshit though.

We haven't played with natural width at all, pretty much everything has come from the FB's so using "Ozil can't play wide" doesn't make sense. He wouldn't need to play wide considering how we play.

Even then you should give Ozil a shot at least, a player of his quality shouldn't be considered surplus after 3 games.

Would rather sell Di Maria who is inconsistency personified or that fatass who fancies himself a midfielder instead of Ozil.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:24

Zealous wrote:

We haven't played with natural width at all, pretty much everything has come from the FB's so using "Ozil can't play wide" doesn't make sense. He wouldn't need to play wide considering how we play.

Even then you should give Ozil a shot at least, a player of his quality shouldn't be considered surplus after 3 games.

Would rather sell Di Maria who is inconsistency personified or that fatass who fancies himself a midfielder instead of Ozil.
has be been considered surplus? no. Does he feel like he might be surplus, yes. there is the difference. I think he would have learnt the intricacies of his new role, but at the end of the day he didnt want to go through with it. From day one, Carlo worked on getting him to play with Isco, but his response as a player hasnt been good because he wants to be behind the CF.

And again, this is the coaching staff, aka Ancelotti and Zidane, choosing Di Maria over Ozil.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:24

I can think of a certain player who starts that doesn't fit into this theory.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:26

ozil is leaving by his own free will though. Nobody is pushing him

besides we do need width and ozil doesn't give you that because he drifts into the middle and stays there leaving the right side widely exposed. This was on full show vs Betis

Besides DiMaria hasn't showed any inconsistencies this season so pls go :coffee:

in all honesty I would have liked us to play Ronaldo with both Ozil and DiMaria and no Benz like we did once in preseason. we looked so good then
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:26

You could still sell both Zeal :coffee:

Robben and Sneijder all over again :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:27

Zealous wrote:

I can think of a certain player who starts that doesn't fit into this theory.
u mean the fat french? dont worry, still scratching my head as to how he became our only CF, that's more disgraceful than selling Ozil in a way
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:27

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You could still sell both Zeal :coffee:

No Di Maria wont be sold at this point. I would be shocked if it happens anyway
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:29

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

has be been considered surplus? no. Does he feel like he might be surplus, yes. there is the difference. I think he would have learnt the intricacies of his new role, but at the end of the day he didnt want to go through with it. From day one, Carlo worked on getting him to play with Isco, but his response as a player hasnt been good because he wants to be behind the CF.

And again, this is the coaching staff, aka Ancelotti and Zidane, choosing Di Maria over Ozil.
Sorry what you're saying sounds like made up fantasy tbh. The season has just started so making that kind of judgement is fantastically irresponsible from a coach's point of view. If Carlo and Zidane seem convinced I'm going to have to disagree. They're making a huge mistake and they've only just got here....

Oh and Arsenal are going to sell to Barca or Bayern like they always do in 2-3 years. This is pretty stupid if you ask me. We'll still be a top club without Ozil but that doesn't mean he should go and especially to a team that will sell him to direct competition in 2 years.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:31

halamadrid2 wrote:ozil is leaving by his own free will though. Nobody is pushing him

besides we do need width and ozil doesn't give you that because he drifts into the middle and stays there leaving the right side widely exposed. This was on full show vs Betis

Besides DiMaria hasn't showed any inconsistencies this season so pls go :coffee:

in all honesty I would have liked us to play Ronaldo with both Ozil and DiMaria and no Benz like we did once in preseason. we looked so good then
"This season" has been three games. Three games doesn't make me forget 3 years.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:34

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You could still sell both Zeal :coffee:

No Di Maria wont be sold at this point. I would be shocked if it happens anyway
Arsenal are trying to at least and nothing shocks me with Real Madrid tbh.

Although i agree it would be unlikely.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:34

Zealous, there's no need to be upset at Arsenal Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:36

Only "problems" that we had with ozil were:
- With CF and CR7, we can't have another non-factor defensively
- He was learning a new role on the RW

But ffs, how can you just give up on him after 120 mins in a new season with a new manager... Di Maria went a year and a half sucking wind and we stayed with him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:36

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:This is complete bullshit though.

Sorry what you're saying sounds like made up fantasy tbh. The season has just started so making that kind of judgement is fantastically irresponsible from a coach's point of view. If Carlo and Zidane seem convinced I'm going to have to disagree. They're making a huge mistake and they've only just got here....

Oh and Arsenal are going to sell to Barca or Bayern like they always do in 2-3 years. This is pretty stupid if you ask me. We'll still be a top club without Ozil but that doesn't mean he should go and especially to a team that will sell him to direct competition in 2 years.

Did i forget to mention how the club isnt kicking him out but the player has himself been looking for a move?

Like i said, i dont think Carlo's initial plan was to sell Ozil. Look instead at how things unfolded. First game, Ozil is terrible defending and he gets told off. Second game it persists and he gets subbed after an hour. third game he doesnt play. I think Carlo wanted to teach him a lesson about team effort and Ozil went all the way with asking for a move.

so whose fault is it that Ozil is leaving?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:37

Nobody has a guaranteed place in this team bar Ronaldo. that much we can all agree on. It then leaves it up to the players to show they want to stay

I think I am in the minority who hasn't been impressed with ozil in his new position since the start of preseason. ok if he was showing effort but for the love of god the almighty compare Ozils effort to that of Isco, Modric and DiMaria who look like they are ready to fight for a place. its unbelievable how different their attitudes are to his

I still think he wasn't happy with the contract denial so he went full emo and didn't do his best. So the fact is nobody is pushing Ozil out he wants to leave because of that contract issue and seeing himself fight with dimaria for a place he is not familiar with but dimaria is

if I had a choice I would keep him and I am sure carlo would as well but there is no point catering to an unhappy player whoever that might be
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next