Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 17 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Nobody has a guaranteed place in this team bar Ronaldo. that much we can all agree on. It then leaves it up to the players to show they want to stay

I think I am in the minority who hasn't been impressed with ozil in his new position since the start of preseason. ok if he was showing effort but for the love of god the almighty compare Ozils effort to that of Isco, Modric and DiMaria who look like they are ready to fight for a place. its unbelievable how different their attitudes are to his

I still think he wasn't happy with the contract denial so he went full emo and didn't do his best. So the fact is nobody is pushing Ozil out he wants to leave because of that contract issue and seeing himself fight with dimaria for a place he is not familiar with but dimaria is

if I had a choice I would keep him and I am sure carlo would as well but there is no point catering to an unhappy player whoever that might be

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 17 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Adit Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Zealous wrote:
Adit wrote:@babun..

We hired a new coach and Carlo doesnt fancy a No 10 in his new formation which is why Ozil is going out....do any one know why Carlo preferred Di maria to Ozil? its because Di maria plays better at RW than Ozil who is half the player he is centrally when played at RW.

At the end of the day a formation change is what forced Ozil out not his quality.
This is complete bullshit though.

We haven't played with natural width at all, pretty much everything has come from the FB's so using "Ozil can't play wide" doesn't make sense. He wouldn't need to play wide considering how we play.

Even then you should give Ozil a shot at least, a player of his quality shouldn't be considered surplus after 3 games.

Would rather sell Di Maria who is inconsistency personified or that fatass who fancies himself a midfielder instead of Ozil.
How is it bs that we dont play with a 10 at all which is Ozil's preferred position ?

Ozil at RW is half the player he is centrally. It definitely isnt Hugging the touch line kind of RW role but it isnt that deep into midfield either. Di maria and Ozil played there just like they did under mourinho...i dont see big differences on that role.

Well let me ask you another thing, who is better on the RW role Bale or Ozil?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Ozil isnt even asked to hug to touchline, he doesnt understand his role whereas it;s almost instinctive for Isco. See how Ancelotti is showering him with praises.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Honestly, i'm not convinced that Bale is a better defender than Ozil either... he had no defensive responsibilities at Spurs last year. So i'm not sure if our defensive balance issue gets fixed here.

Only thing is that Bale used to be a fullback and used to defend ok. So he should be able to do it again if asked. We'll see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Zealous wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:ozil is leaving by his own free will though. Nobody is pushing him

besides we do need width and ozil doesn't give you that because he drifts into the middle and stays there leaving the right side widely exposed. This was on full show vs Betis

Besides DiMaria hasn't showed any inconsistencies this season so pls go :coffee:

in all honesty I would have liked us to play Ronaldo with both Ozil and DiMaria and no Benz like we did once in preseason. we looked so good then
"This season" has been three games. Three games doesn't make me forget 3 years.
3 years scratch last season he was inconsistent. first season he was a beast, second season he was our best player until he got injured

I don't want to make this an ozil vs dimaria discussion but to call Dimaria inconsistent when ozil is the definition of that is a tad selective dont you think. seasons dknt start in December for us Proud

I get you are upset (so am I) at ozils decision to leave. but no matter how talented a player is if they are not willing to show commitment they have no place in this team. I would have preffered if we didn't buy bale and keep our squad as it was but since we did buy him it was important for our guys to show that they want to start. Had ozil stayed and showed us his qualities like we all know he has, he would easily have started. lets remember nobody has cemented a place yet
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:45 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Zealous, there's no need to be upset at Arsenal Laughing
Not upset at Arsenal at all, you guys will sell him eventually though so there is no escaping that fact.

sportsczy wrote:Only "problems" that we had with ozil were:
-  With CF and CR7, we can't have another non-factor defensively
-  He was learning a new role on the RW

But ffs, how can you just give up on him after 120 mins in a new season with a new manager... Di Maria went a year and a half sucking wind and we stayed with him.
This is what I can't get my head around right now. How can anyone justify this from a tactical standpoint when Ozil has been given barely 120 minutes to preform.

Makes no sense at all and I'm shocked that there are some who seem to think this is OK.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Bale was awful defensively as a LB.... just stood there most of the time doing f*ck all.

There's a reason Spurs never won a game with Bale at LB lol.

He's really an awful defender, the only thing he has over Ozil is he's more athletic so if you DID manage to get him to defend he could cover more ground.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Let's forget for a moment how Mourinho moved Ozil out of n10 to play modric because of higher workrate, or Low for kroos vs italy so that someone could have a go at Pirlo... them sweet memories i burried surfacing back Proud
Again why you always made it seemed like every tactical change was about ozil limitation. If you remember last season when Alonso was still in the picture there was the battle between Ozil, Di maria, & Modric for 2 attacking players along side Ronaldo. Mou has paired any 2 combo of the three in roration. Toward the end of the season Di maria wasn't in good form while Modric getting better and Ozil being in good form. It's only normal for Mou to start Modric-Ozil ahead of Di Maria for 1st leg Dortmund game, even many here correctly guessed Mou starting XI for that game based on players' form. And of course when the 2 played together Modric was in the middle while Ozil on the right because Mou always considered Ozil being versatile enough to play either in the center or in the wings.

It was more or less the same on Low case, an alternate plan to replace a then out of form Thomas Muller.

Last edited by alexander mahone on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

It is not OK and I don't like the look of any Madrid without Ozil. If Isco get's injured we are *bleep*. No creativity at all apart from Modric.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Zealous, Ozil wasnt kicked out, he asked to go.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Hearing and reading everything about this Oezil deal slowly puts me in a depression level almost as high as when i lost my 3 year relationship years ago..

Keep me off the drugs.... keep me off the drugs!!!
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Before bale was given a free role he tracked back alot.....at least miles better than Ozil.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:49 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Zealous wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:ozil is leaving by his own free will though. Nobody is pushing him

besides we do need width and ozil doesn't give you that because he drifts into the middle and stays there leaving the right side widely exposed. This was on full show vs Betis

Besides DiMaria hasn't showed any inconsistencies this season so pls go :coffee:

in all honesty I would have liked us to play Ronaldo with both Ozil and DiMaria and no Benz like we did once in preseason. we looked so good then
"This season" has been three games. Three games doesn't make me forget 3 years.
3 years :scratch:last season he was inconsistent.  first season he was a beast, second season he was our best player until he got injured

I don't want to make this an ozil vs dimaria discussion but to call Dimaria inconsistent when ozil is the definition of that is a tad selective dont you think. seasons dknt start in December for us Proud

I get you are upset (so am I) at ozils decision to leave. but no matter how talented a player is if they are not willing to show commitment they have no place in this team. I would have preffered if we didn't buy bale and keep our squad as it was but since we did buy him it was important for our guys to show that they want to start. Had ozil stayed and showed us his qualities like we all know he has, he would easily have started. lets remember nobody has cemented a place yet
It wasn't Ozil's decision to leave so don't paint it as that.

And yes Di Maria has been worse than Ozil (by a lot) over the three years that they have been here. If Carlo truly wants Ozil gone than let's just say my confidence in him is not high at all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:51 pm

@allexander mahone DiMaria had just come back from an injury in that first game so yh understandably he didn't start
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 pm

alexander mahone wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Let's forget for a moment how Mourinho moved Ozil out of n10 to play modric because of higher workrate, or Low for kroos vs italy so that someone could have a go at Pirlo... them sweet memories i burried surfacing back Proud
Again why you always made it seemed like every tactical change was about ozil limitation. If you remember last season when Alonso was still in the picture there was the battle between Ozil, Di maria, & Modric for 2 attacking players along side Ronaldo. Mou has paired any 2 combo of the three in roration. Toward the end of the season Di maria wasn't in good form while Modric getting better and Ozil being in good form. It's only normal for Mou to start Modric-Ozil ahead of Di Maria for 1st leg Dortmund game, even many here correctly guessed Mou starting XI for that game based on players' form. And of course when the 2 played together Modric was in the middle while Ozil on the right because Mou always considered Ozil being versatile enough to play either in the center or in the wings.

It was more or less the same on Low case, an alternate plan to replace a then out of form Thomas Muller.
Ozil's lack of defensive work rate and not closing down the player is evident..i dont think any one can say other wise.

one example i will tell you.. Ozil started at 10 against Bayern in the first leg and he failed to close down Shweinsteiger and Mourinho after 15 minutes swapped Di maria and Ozil...Di maria played 10 for rest of the half.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 pm

why wouldn't it be ozils decision to leave???? he was a perez signing so perez wouldn't want him out and Carlo likes having many players in the midfield so it couldn't have been him either

the only way he leaves is if he wants to
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Zealous, Ozil wasnt kicked out, he asked to go.
Sorry you're mistaken if you believe that. Just like Higuain wasn't forced out right? Rolling Eyes

I love Flo a lot but this is the one thing I'm not crazy about. He's been forcing people out like this for years.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 pm

alexander mahone wrote:
Again why you always made it seemed like every tactical change was about ozil limitation. If you remember last season when Alonso was still in the picture there was the battle between Ozil, Di maria, & Modric for 2 attacking players along side Ronaldo. Mou has paired any 2 combo of the three in roration. Toward the end of the season Di maria wasn't in good form while Modric getting better and Ozil being in good form. It's only normal for Mou to start Modric-Ozil ahead of Di Maria for 1st leg Dortmund game, even many here correctly guessed Mou starting XI for that game based on players' form. And of course when the 2 played together Modric was in the middle while Ozil on the right because Mou always considered Ozil being versatile enough to play either in the center of in the wings.

lol mourinho signed Modric precisely because he could play AM like a classic 10, and help the midfield (if we look at how he was used). that says more about ozil limitations as a player. If mourinho wanted another kind of winger, he wouldnt have signed Modric, so just to keep Ozil central. I would suspect that Kroos pawning on our midfield while Ozil was doing fck all in CL (and Di Maria moved centrally in that game) has to do with that decision.

And same with Low, no way Ozil could keep up with Pirlo, not that Kroos did, but he had a better shot at it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Zealous wrote:
Sorry you're mistaken if you believe that. Just like Higuain wasn't forced out right? Rolling Eyes

I love Flo a lot but this is the one thing I'm not crazy about. He's been forcing people out like this for years.
you are the one mistaken. Higuain left because he was tired to be lied to, and never could be trusted with the n9 job with continuity.

See, Flo kicked out Sneijder and RObben. but this is not flo kicking out Ozil, sorry but no.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:why wouldn't it be ozils decision to leave???? he was a perez signing so perez wouldn't want him out and Carlo likes having many players in the midfield so it couldn't have been him either

the only way he leaves is if he wants to
The player himself said he wanted to stay. He's being forced out plain and simple.

It's not a case of "You have to go now" but "Hey we don't think you're in the coach's plans and it is a world cup year but this club offered X amount of money and we've accepted the fee. If you want to stay that's fine but we advise against it."

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

you are the one mistaken. Higuain left because he was tired to be lied to, and never could be trusted with the n9 job with continuity.

See, Flo kicked out Sneijder and RObben. but this is not flo kicking out Ozil, sorry but no.
Yeah not buying it, sorry.

Flo couldn't handle Pipita like he did Snjieder and Robben because he was a fan favourite. I'm someone who felt Snjieder and Roobben leaving was extremely understandable and many others felt that way. With Pipita he couldn't do it right away and put him in a position where he himself asked to leave. Now the same is being done to Ozil tbh, there will be some who think it was Ozil that wanted out but it's pretty obvious if the club wanted to keep him there wouldn't be a last minute bid for him so suddenly.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Zealous wrote:

thats different. not comparable at all

Higgy was promised a new contract after getting poverty wages before but didn't get a response despite being one of the most hardworking players in our squad. He was unhappy with the upper management not the coach or lack of playing time because the guy would fight tooth and nail if he lost his spot. thats madridismo values right there. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth that he left.

Ozil on the other hand just asked for a bumper contract despite not showing performances to go with it. the guy already gets 5me a year I don't understand why he wanted a higher wage than he already had which currently is the third highest in the squad. He wanted to leave at the first sight of competition combined with not getting the wages he wanted

its so different from the higgy situation who had to live with it for seasons before he got fed up and left
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:01 pm

right, because players never lie for PR reasons...right eight
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Most assists for club and country since 2010:

Ozil 91
Messi 82
Mata 72
Ribery 60
Cesc 56

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Sorry you're mistaken if you believe that. Just like Higuain wasn't forced out right? Rolling Eyes

Flo couldn't handle Pipita like he did Snjieder and Robben because he was a fan favourite. I'm someone who felt Snjieder and Roobben leaving was extremely understandable and many others felt that way. With Pipita he couldn't do it right away and put him in a position where he himself asked to leave. Now the same is being done to Ozil tbh, there will be some who think it was Ozil that wanted out but it's pretty obvious if the club wanted to keep him there wouldn't be a last minute bid for him so suddenly.
I don't think the club would force Ozil to stay now that we have Bale and Di Maria. No way would the club transfer list Ozil if he didn't express his desire to leave...
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Sorry you're mistaken if you believe that. Just like Higuain wasn't forced out right? Rolling Eyes

we will agree to disagree mate. When Higuain said he wanted to go last summer, none of you guys believed it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next