Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 18 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:03

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Sorry you're mistaken if you believe that. Just like Higuain wasn't forced out right? Rolling Eyes

I love Flo a lot but this is the one thing I'm not crazy about. He's been forcing people out like this for years.
you are the one mistaken. Higuain left because he was tired to be lied to, and never could be trusted with the n9 job with continuity.

See, Flo kicked out Sneijder and RObben. but this is not flo kicking out Ozil, sorry but no.
Yeah not buying it, sorry.

Flo couldn't handle Pipita like he did Snjieder and Robben because he was a fan favourite. I'm someone who felt Snjieder and Roobben leaving was extremely understandable and many others felt that way. With Pipita he couldn't do it right away and put him in a position where he himself asked to leave. Now the same is being done to Ozil tbh, there will be some who think it was Ozil that wanted out but it's pretty obvious if the club wanted to keep him there wouldn't be a last minute bid for him so suddenly.
we will agree to disagree mate. When Higuain said he wanted to go last summer, none of you guys believed it.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 18 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:03

Yohan Modric wrote:Most assists for club and country since 2010:

Ozil 91
Messi 82
Mata 72
Ribery 60
Cesc 56
assists mean fck all, Ozil is hardly better than the players on that list.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:07

Nick is mad rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:07

Zealous wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:why wouldn't it be ozils decision to leave???? he was a perez signing so perez wouldn't want him out and Carlo likes having many players in the midfield so it couldn't have been him either

the only way he leaves is if he wants to
The player himself said he wanted to stay. He's being forced out plain and simple.

It's not a case of "You have to go now" but "Hey we don't think you're in the coach's plans and it is a world cup year but this club offered X amount of money and we've accepted the fee. If you want to stay that's fine but we advise against it."

Thats bs Zeal. Ozil has been starting with the likely starters since the start of preseason. I don't know where the pushing out came from. Anybody with a brain bigger than a peanut would know Ozil is exactly the talent you want in your team but he doesn't do himself any favours when he refuses to help the team preserve a lead. there was a time his dad complained Mesut had to do too kuch defensive work

he would've rooted DiMaria to the bench if he kept the shape and helped our rb alittle. this coming from a dimaria fan. I know his qualities are mindboggling to let go of but I wouldn't want an unhappy player staying who doesn't want an inch of competition for his position. especially with the media already having a fieldday re lopez vs iker
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:07

of course özil wants to leave. he deserves better and arsenal will be build around him. within a year he'll be one of the biggest stars in the world's most popular league instead of watching a midget doing the job he could do
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:08

Yeah Ozil is a liar and a money whore that's why all of a sudden he's leaving despite no prior warning that this might happen. Rolling Eyes

He's also a crappy player and is the reason we haven't won the CL. Never mind I can think of quite a few players more responsible than he was in any of the last three CL semis.

Whatever, you guys can be OK with this if you want. I'm not happy at all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:11

Toffer Harley wrote:of course özil wants to leave. he deserves better and arsenal will be build around him. within a year he'll be one of the biggest stars in the world's most popular league instead of watching a midget doing the job he could do
They'll then sell him to a bigger team which would pretty much complete the disaster that this will be. No
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:13

Zealous wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:of course özil wants to leave. he deserves better and arsenal will be build around him. within a year he'll be one of the biggest stars in the world's most popular league instead of watching a midget doing the job he could do
They'll then sell him to a bigger team which would pretty much complete the disaster that this will be. No
Lol how do you know they'll sell him..Stop being so bitter.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:14

I criticize our players and i make some rash comments here and there... but tbh, i'm not a proponent of "the grass is greener on the other side", especially with Madrid since that's all we do.

I personally feel that Ozil is a much better player than Bale. Bale has been good for one year while Ozil has been a top guy for over 3 years now. The difference in age is 18 months.

Also, there's the issue of chemistry. We finally FOR ONCE had a lot of guys that had spent years together. They had developed an understanding on the pitch. You can't replace that team experience... why not give it a chance? You're taking a lot more risks bringing in new players UNLESS you're making a clear upgrade or it's talent you can't pass up.

Isco is in the "talent you can't pass up category".

Illaramendi is being groomed to take over for Khedira or Alonso now that Modric is entrenched.

Carvajal is an upgrade over Arbeloa.

But the Bale over Ozil thing makes very little sense even if you ignore the pricetag for Bale.

Also, wtf do we do if Isco gets injured?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:15

S wrote:
Zealous wrote:
WTF are you on about? I'm supposed to like that we're selling one of our best players to a selling club The only reason they haven't sold their best player this season is because City/Barca/PSG don't want any of their players Laughing

Last edited by Zealous on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:16

sportsczy wrote:I criticize our players and i make some rash comments here and there... but tbh, i'm not a proponent of "the grass is greener on the other side", especially with Madrid since that's all we do.

I personally feel that Ozil is a much better player than Bale.  Bale has been good for one year while Ozil has been a top guy for over 3 years now.  The difference in age is 18 months.

Also, there's the issue of chemistry.  We finally FOR ONCE had a lot of guys that had spent years together.  They had developed an understanding on the pitch.  You can't replace that team experience... why not give it a chance?  You're taking a lot more risks bringing in new players UNLESS you're making a clear upgrade or it's talent you can't pass up.

Isco is in the "talent you can't pass up category".

Illaramendi is being groomed to take over for Khedira or Alonso now that Modric is entrenched.

Carvajal is an upgrade over Arbeloa.

But the Bale over Ozil thing makes very little sense even if you ignore the pricetag for Bale.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

As for the last question Carlo seems to be part of the DI Maria fan club so I guess he'll play there.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:18

Zealous wrote:
S wrote:
Zealous wrote:They'll then sell him to a bigger team which would pretty much complete the disaster that this will be. No
WTF are you on about? I'm supposed to like that we're selling one of our best players to a selling club Laughing
Their position has changed.They're in a very good position financially.They're only going to get better and build the team around their best players.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:19

sportsczy wrote:

Yeh I brought that question up earlier. I can see Modric playing there and Alonso/Illara filling in for Modric.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:19

Can you imagine Di Maria being the AM... you better hope he's on a good day and that's 50/50 Laughing :facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:19

Perez forcing Ozil out? I must be lost my *bleep* mind. Consider what had to happen to make this an even remote possibility. I blame timing more than anything.

>We had to break a transfer record to sign direct competition'

>Ozil had to act out and cry about getting subbed (never seen it happen in 3 years)

>Ancelotti had to react to that by leaving him on the bench.

> Arsenal of all teams had to come in and bid 50 million Euros, and offer him a contract of gross 15 million a year

All in a very short space of time.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:21

S wrote:
Zealous wrote:
S wrote:Lol how do you know they'll sell him..Stop being so bitter.
WTF are you on about? I'm supposed to like that we're selling one of our best players to a selling club Laughing
Their position has changed.They're in a very good position financially.They're only going to get better and build the team around their best players.
Until Ozil asks to leave because he wants to win trophies.

It's not 100% guaranteed to happen so you don't have to take my prediction as gospel but based on everything I've seen from Arsenal in past years I really doubt they wouldn't sell Ozil to someone else at some point. We'll see I guess.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:23

Le Samourai wrote:Perez forcing Ozil out? I must be lost my *bleep* mind. Consider what had to happen to make this an even remote possibility. I blame timing more than anything.

>We had to break a transfer record to sign direct competition'

>Ozil had to act out and cry about getting subbed (never seen it happen in 3 years)

>Ancelotti had to react to that by leaving him on the bench.

> Arsenal of all teams had to come in and bid 50 million Euros, and offer him a contract of gross 15 million a year

All in a very short space of time.
My only hope is that this has been the perfect storm of unrelated events so Ozil would in fact be staying and the media decided to run with it. Crying or Very sad
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:23

Zealous wrote:Yeah Ozil is a liar and a money whore that's why all of a sudden he's leaving despite no prior warning that this might happen. Rolling Eyes

He's also a crappy player and is the reason we haven't won the CL. Never mind I can think of quite a few players more responsible than he was in any of the last three CL semis.

Whatever, you guys can be OK with this if you want. I'm not happy at all.
No, but stop acting like the club is kicking Ozil out because that's not what's happening. And you know i hate Perez, so i have no reasons to defend him.

But this is Ozil saying i want to go, and the club not fighting to retain him, specially because Bale has arrived.

If we wanted continuity, then we should have hired manager that would have kept playing Mourinho's 4231 while making adjustments, because we have changed direction once again.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:24

I think it was both... Ozil wants to be a regular and Carlo is not enamored by him so far. Di Maria is much more willing to fight for his spot even if he's benched.

As it is, Di Maria is the super sub anyhow.

I don't think you can say that Ozil wasn't considering leaving... i'm sure he was. But that's not saying he asked to leave. He just wasn't being convinced to stay either.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:30

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/paris/une-enorme-surenchere-du-psg-pour-ozil,122351

Tancredi Palmeri, the football consultant for BBC and CNN, has said that PSG came in this AM with a massive offer that is well beyond what Arsenal offered. Madrid communicated this offer to Arsenal and asked them to match which Arsenal has not as of yet. So despite the medical being done and personal terms being hammered out, the deal is on hold.

Not sure how credible this guy is. Anyone?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:31

Palmieri Laughing rofl

He's garbage.period.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:31

Check that... just checked his twitter. Tancredi says that Arsenal raised their bid and PSG's bid was rejected by Madrid as a result:

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:34

Tancredi is the Italian Ballsbag. Just said Real Madrid rejected a higher offer than Arsenal's (after he read that Özil is actually having a medical for Arsenal Laughing)

Knows nothing, only quotes other sources like Sky Italia.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:34

Palmeri is garbage personified steer well clear.

He knows nothing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:37

Tancredi is a c*nt
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:50

Mesut Özil: Since he joined La Liga in 2010, Özil has created 324 chances - 113 more than any other player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next