+5
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Lupi
9 posters

Go down

Rank the top 5 managers in Serie A? Empty Rank the top 5 managers in Serie A?

Post by Lupi Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:32 am

i'd say

1-Allegri
2-Conte
3-Mazzari
4-Montella
5-Guidolin

Last edited by IL Gladiatore on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Rank the top 5 managers in Serie A? Empty Re: Rank the top 5 managers in Serie A?

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:21 am

1. Conte
2. Rafa
3. Montella
4. Guidolin
5. Allegri
6. Rudi Garcia
7. Mazzarri
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Rank the top 5 managers in Serie A? Empty Re: Rank the top 5 managers in Serie A?

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:02 am

Conte, Rafa, Garcia, Allegri, Mazzarri
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 am

1. Conte
2. Guidolin
3. Allegri
4. Mazzarri
5. Petkovic/Montella
6. Montella/Petkovic

(I didn't put Garcia or Benitez since they recently joined and we don't know how they might fare in Serie A [Despite Benitez's stint at Inter])
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:53 pm

In terms of last season and backwards

Conte
Allegri
Montella
Alec 'Walter' Baldwin
Guidolin

I'd just put Rafa 2nd if I was using new managers.

It's quite insane not to put Conte first above Allegri

He took over a 7th place team, with a few cheap signings he then transformed Juventus in every way imaginable, and went in for an undefeated season to beat Allegri's Milan to the title, who had:

T. Silva, Nesta + the rest of the old guard, Cassano, Pato, IBRAHIMOVIC etc

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Whilst I have no issue with someone putting Conte at the top of their list, stating that Conte's sheer tactical brilliance overcame Allegri's Milan is nothing more than rewriting history, particularly making reference to the services of players such as Cassano and Thiago Silva whose long term injuries were part of a virtual injury plague which were equal in any of Conte's efforts in snatching the title from Milan.

Again, I've no issue with crowning Conte in this thread, however it's an insult to the talent of Allegri to talk about calling upon the services of such players when Milan's squad collectively missed around 230 games throughout the season due to injury compared to about 40 for Juventus, and only just losing the title despite this.

My list would be, in no particular order, Conte, Allegri, Benitez, Mazzari and Montella. It will be interesting to see how Maran copes in his second season at a top flight club.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm not saying that Conte completely outclassed him, but nobody even had us in the top 3 that year, and not only did we overthrow Milan, we done so by remaining completely undefeated, grinding out results in a way we hadn't seen in a very long time.

Conte re-invented us, and for that he's top of my list. Taking nothing away from Allegri though, I rate him quite highly.

Although the injuries played a part, the Milan squad was bursting with quality apart from the midfield area, and with Ibra in the side Milan were walking all over some opponents purely thanks to him.

Even the back up attackers for Milan were performing better than our attackers.

Winning the league undefeated when your top goalscorer has 10 goals and you only have 1 striker who can actually hold the ball up to some degree is definitely one hell of a tactical achievement. Not to mention the team was only a few cheap (In todays market) signings different from the same team that didn't even quality for the Europa league.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Guidolin underrated and Mazzarri overrated by Serie A fans hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Conte, Allegri, Guidolin, Montella, Mazzari.

Benitez and Garcia not on list as they just joined.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 pm

1. Conte
2. Mazzarri
3. Montella
4. Guidolin
5. Allegri
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:29 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I'm not saying that Conte completely outclassed him, but nobody even had us in the top 3 that year, and not only did we overthrow Milan, we done so by remaining completely undefeated, grinding out results in a way we hadn't seen in a very long time.

Conte re-invented us, and for that he's top of my list. Taking nothing away from Allegri though, I rate him quite highly.

Although the injuries played a part, the Milan squad was bursting with quality apart from the midfield area, and with Ibra in the side Milan were walking all over some opponents purely thanks to him.

Even the back up attackers for Milan were performing better than our attackers.

Winning the league undefeated when your top goalscorer has 10 goals and you only have 1 striker who can actually hold the ball up to some degree is definitely one hell of a tactical achievement. Not to mention the team was only a few cheap (In todays market) signings different from the same team that didn't even quality for the Europa league.

Disagree on our depth apart from in attack, however it's a minor point. The number of injuries drastically reduced our ability to get the most out of the squad list, however completely independent of this, Conte was fantastic in maximising the output of Juventus' squad. Simply marvellous, the accusation of in-game substitutions aside, which sometimes led to Juventus settling for too many draws rather than gunning for the win, however this is an area where experience is paramount and it would be extremely harsh to hold it against Conte.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 am

1) Conte
2) Rafa
3) Allegri
4) Guidolin
5) Garcia

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:51 am

Laughing OMG BPL fans worship the Fatman Shocked 

cant believe this i saw his XI , It was a joke , the same guy who prefers Biabiany over coutinho and somehow manages to put Milito on wing rofl  damn he is suger high
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:Laughing OMG BPL fans worship the Fatman Shocked 

cant believe this i saw his XI , It was a joke , the same guy who prefers Biabiany over coutinho and somehow manages to put Milito on wing rofl  damn he is suger high

You do know Rafa was the only Inter manager that actually gave Coutinho adequate game time. :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:58 am

McAgger wrote:
IL Gladiatore wrote:Laughing OMG BPL fans worship the Fatman Shocked 

You do know Rafa was the only Inter manager that actually gave Coutinho adequate game time. :facepalm:

i cant remember the exact line ups but i remember the jokes i made , funny time indeed , most of his failure was because of choosing wrong players in wrong positions
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 am

Benitez had to deal with an injury crisis which left him with barely any first team members available during his tenure, this after having had to endure a summer market in which Moratti refused to listen to his suggestions. It was the wrong time to go to Inter, however at the very least he had Inter playing the most attractive football they've played in the last decade.

Also excellent call on Petkovic ES, I had completely forgotten him.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 am

Laughing yes of coarse Milan fan would call that best football
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 am

This isn't about success this is about the brand of football that Benitez brought to Inter and his decision to build the team around Eto'o brought out the best in one of the most talented forwards the game has seen in a decade. Inter were more functional under the likes of Mourinho or even Mancini however in terms of entertainment, the link-up of Sneijder and Eto'o in particular made for excellent watching.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 am

tongue give me a favor and actually go back to zonal marking archive for benitez games at Inter , see what that is you praise , you never know may be im the one that's wrong but i think you will change ur mind on that , Benitez style is atrocious
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 am

to save ur time here is example taken from the game against Milan

Inter looked lack any kind of cohesion in their shape, the first time Benitez has used a 4-3-1-2. It was a system used a lot by Mourinho last season, but the right players were not used here – the weakness at full-back was particularly evident. A high defensive line kept catching them out early on, whilst in possession they didn’t get the ball forward quickly enough. With just five goals scored in the last eight games, there is now serious pressure on Benitez.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:37 am

It's unfair to judge a manager on the basis of a single game, you could make any of Heynckes, Conte and Guardiola look positively simply minds doing that. When Benitez had everyone fit at Inter he was fine, he simply rarely had a full strength squad to call upon. The only real blunder I'd charge him with is a very poor tactical set-up in the European Super Cup against Atletico Madrid, but apart from that, injuries, Moratti's refusal to give Benitez the players he wanted and a hangover from their treble success played as big a part in Inter's troubles as Benitez's management.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 am

Wink that was an example bro but i mentioned it because it identifies the real problem , he didn't bring the best of the team , he handicapped the team by being too stubborn , changing a treble winning team to a terrible team is something benitez can do
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:09 am

Sad I wanted Allegri in Roma so we wouldn't have to sell Simba , Allegri is a man manager knows how to deal with players like him and there is no one in market as good as him Roma can afford
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down