Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11?

+4
futbol
DuringTheWar
AmarillaDirecta
jibers
8 posters

Go down

Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11? Empty Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11?

Post by jibers Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 am

I just re watched the Champions league final of 2011. Will we ever see a team play at that level ever again? That team reached a level I have never seen. I have genuinely never feared for a United team as much as I did that night and as sad as it is to say this, I came out relieved that the final score was 3-1,considering the scoreline they had given teams that season and the level of difference between them and the rest of Europe. I mean for Fergie to say that is the best team he has ever faced as a manager, that is all that ever needs to be said about them tbh.

The movement, the width, fit Xavi, semi consistent Iniesta, peak Alves etc I just can't see it. Maybe Bayern can reach that level in a different way under Pep. Would be very interesting to see how Super Munchen develops next season.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11? Empty Re: Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11?

Post by AmarillaDirecta Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:57 pm

LOL.

The football world was in a lower state of quality than what its at now. In both Clubs and NT.

Too much praise is dumped on top of Spain and Barcelona when in fact Both of them have had far from impressive performances in big parts of their Euro,World Cup, and CL campaigns.

Too much lovy duvy praise. Get a good team with good players and tactics and lets see them go.

What the hell did teams like madrid and man u have at the midfield and forward to help them? Carrick? Giggs? Khedira? Alonso? Valencia" Park? Mourinho is a farce who couldnt even build a competent team ffs.

Ya right.

They even had trouble going past Chelsea in 08/09. Football is a close game, and tbh i expect bayern munich to get even better. Barcelona won when there was no one else to step up to that quality but it doesnt mean its untouchable. Barcelona had the personnel and tactics, who else had a good enough team to take them on? They were the best but thats very different from painting these people as invincible.

What relevant teams were in a better state back then than what theyre in now? Barcelona is the only one thats been going down the drain for the last 2 years, might as well include madrid with the farce of mourinho.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11? Empty Re: Will there ever be a team at the level of Pepcelona 10/11?

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:04 am

Barcas prime era is lessened by the weak competition. Carrick Proud anderson Proud I can't remember any very good team they played in 10 11 champions league apart from when they reffed their way to victory against arsenal.

Such a shame bayern didn't emerge 3 years ago. Barcelona need to get back on form, if they don't avenge themselves, getting 7-0'd will be their most memorable achievement
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:43 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Barcas prime era is lessened by the weak competition. Carrick :proud:anderson :proud:I can't remember any very good team they played in 10 11 champions league apart from when they reffed their way to victory against arsenal.

Such a shame bayern didn't emerge 3 years ago. Barcelona need to get back on form, if they don't avenge themselves, getting 7-0'd will be their most memorable achievement

Didn't that "weak" United side walk the Premier League by 9 points and humiliate Arsenal 8-2 the very next season?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 am

futbol wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Barcas prime era is lessened by the weak competition. Carrick :proud:anderson :proud:I can't remember any very good team they played in 10 11 champions league apart from when they reffed their way to victory against arsenal.

Didn't that "weak" United side walk the Premier League by 9 points and humiliate Arsenal 8-2 the very next season?

Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Oh right they won the premier league they must have been pure awesomeness then :facepalm: 

that arsenal team was completely different to 10 11 :facepalm:

Barcelona might have ruined utd that season but they only crept passed 10 man arsenal by the skin of their teeth.

Fyi I consider Barcelona the best passing team that I have seen, but to be honest this bayern team is too tight defensively and would make a mockery of Barcelona's pressing even in 10 11, and once that press gets beaten that scrub defence is getting carved up.

Both of Barcelonas cl wins had games where they struggled and got lucky, bayern just straight tore the cl up, apart from the final where they nearly bottlejobbed themselves
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Barcelona might have ruined utd that season but they only crept passed 10 man arsenal by the skin of their teeth.
Can't believe some of the fans are still so far out of reach of reality, that they still think this. Arsenal were only in the game, because Messi goal were wrongly disallowed in the first leg. 2-0 and it would already been good night. And Arsenal didn't have a single shot on or off the target the whole 2nd leg. It was the first time in Champions League that ever happened. Even the goal they scored were Busquets header to own goal. Laughing 

And don't even start with the thug van persie, who should have been catapulted from the game already in the first half.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Of course. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the next 20 years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Abidal should have been the first to get sent off....

Messi's goal was rightly disallowed.

It would've been 2-0? Ok, let's stick to the real world were it was 2-1 to arsenal. Who says even if it was 2-0 it would be over? That happened in 09 10 and arsenal pulled it back to 2-2.

Does it matter how many shots arsenal had? The fact is they had 3 GOALS over the tie to Barcelona's 4. It's pretty obvious another away goal for arsenal would have been game over for Barcelona. But they couldn't because they played the last 40 minutes with 10 men when the referee decided it's illegal to kick the ball when playing at the mou camp LOL
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:01 am

Another thing, arsenal were knocking Barcelona out at the point when rvp was cheated out

Last edited by Diego Armando Maradona on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 am

Such a complete dunderhead, did you also read from a book what happened in that match? Laughing 
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:04 am

Diego don't open dat can
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:09 am

the can must be opened
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 am

Here I made this way back so we don't have to cover the RvP incident anymore. He has only himself to blame.

Spoiler:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:21 am

Messi gif No. 57419 of Folder B posted by Harmonica
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 am

That arm moment was directly after abidal started putting his hands in his face, which yeah he was not sent off for....

He is looking at the ball, but yeah that's really conclusive isn't it. Guessing what he picked up in his peripheral vision, good work with the guesswork, it's perfectly fair for referees to guess their decisions isn't it?

I think his point was that he did not hear the whistle, not reactions, try again only remember what actually happened next time.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am

Abidal didn't get sent off for it, nor did RvP when he did the slap.

RvP saw it, he heard it and he most definitely knew it.

Also there was a clear Messi penalty in the first half not called. Mad
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:46 am

Ok boy, let's guess, that rvp knew the whistle had gone. The rules are, to yellow card a player showing dissent or delaying play, not every incidence of kicking the ball after the whistle has gone is a punishable offense, unless you a) have mental problems or b) are a Nazi

Was rvp showing anger at the ref? No

Did he waste time? No

Goodnight you silly twat
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:52 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Ok boy, let's guess, that rvp knew the whistle had gone. The rules are, to yellow card a player showing dissent or delaying play, not every incidence of kicking the ball after the whistle has gone is a punishable offense, unless you a) have mental problems or b) are a Nazi

Was rvp showing anger at the ref? No

Did he waste time? No

Goodnight you silly twat
Guy who was born in the 90's and who read from a book how good Maradona was, calling me a boy, who was born in the 80's and who saw Maradona in his peak? Ain't that joyfully hilarious. Laughing

Yeah, not every incident is yellow, correct. However that clearly was, and the ref clearly already had it, the way RvP conducted himself to that point.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 am

Ok kid I didn't know why you mentioned a book before but I guess it's clear now you've got your wires tangled. I have never read any book about maradona, I think you are losing your marbles lol. I have seen well over 100 matches of maradona, I don't even know how many. I've already talked before about not discussing stuff like age online, if you think you know how old I am good for you but I'm not discussing it here.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 am

Btw can you prove you were born in the 80s pls? Sorry, just that it's quite easy and common for people to chat rubbish about themselves online to give give them more credibility
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down