fatman123
The Sanchez
izzy
Donuts
Beautiful Football
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar Empty Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 am

The Netherlands legend believes the Catalans should think about selling their star player now they have secured the services of the Brazilian

Barcelona icon Johan Cruyff feels the Catalans should consider cashing in on Lionel Messi now they have brought Neymar on board.

The Liga champions signed Neymar in a deal worth €57 million earlier this summer and Cruyff envisages problems following the former Santos star's arrival.

"With Neymar on board, I would have planned for the possibility of selling Messi. Some would agree with me and others would not," Cruyff told Marca.

"Neymar's arrival could cause problems. Just look at free kicks for example. Neymar is very good at taking them. And Messi has already shown he is great, too. Who's going to take them...

"Or the fact that Neymar and Barcelona are with Nike while Leo is with Adidas. These are situations that could cause problems.

"You are talking about a team, its players, the things around it. There are too may things at stake. That's why it's so difficult to manage such a top class squad.

"Neymar is talented, but we will have to wait and see how he gets along with the rest of the squad. I would not have taken the risk of bringing in Neymar."

Messi has a contract with Barcelona until June 2018, while Neymar recently inked a five-year deal, too.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar Empty Re: Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 am

in before that clock guy comes in.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar Empty Re: Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar

Post by izzy Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:15 am

I hope he was misquoted because some of the reasons there have to be dumbest I have ever read.

Old man Johan, still spewing nonsense.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Cruyff my man Proud
His dream's come true Proud
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am

I think nowadays Cruyff talk too much. at least wait before Neymar step on the field.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:22 am

rofl guys lost his mind
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 am

Marca have got this one among the children Proud
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:29 am

Lost his IQ long time ago.No wonder Barcelona booted him out from honorary president position rofl
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:33 am

pls people
He is just reiterating how Neymar was a bad buy. He doesn't literally want Messi to be sold, nor does he think its the right move for the club.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:45 am

250M would nicely clear out club debt though.

Messi and Aguero to pwn the world? :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:48 am

The high father has spoken. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Inb4Clockwork He's right Messi has lost his Cruyffian magic.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Cruyff is an idiot...... there I said it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 pm

The Master has spoken :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Listen to your legend ffs.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm

He is only saying that because it was Rosell who signed Neymar. Now if it was Laporta who signed him....

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Cruyff is right.

Messi is great and all but he is past it despite still retaining his world class composure.

Neymar has already surpassed him as Barca would do well to cut their losses and build their team around Neymar.

Neymar the future, Mehssi is not. Lets move on now
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm

His point is Neymar and Messi won't work together, not that he would actually sell Messi - he thinks Neymar was an unnecessary signing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:His point is Neymar and Messi won't work together, not that he would actually sell Messi - he thinks Neymar was an unnecessary signing.
Don't think that's his true motive though, they don't even play in the same positions, so that they wouldn't work doesn't really make any sense. Messi has played with multiple world's top players without problems. I'm sure Neymar will offer an actual goal threat beyond the current goalless threats that Barca possess, and that Messi can again start to trust his fellow attackers.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Cruyff is right.

Messi is great and all but he is past it despite still retaining his world class composure.

Neymar has already surpassed him as Barca would do well to cut their losses and build their team around Neymar.

Arq I hate to tell you this but you are 100 % wrong. I hope you aren't serious...
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm

juveman17 wrote:

Arq I hate to tell you this but you are 100 % wrong. I hope you aren't serious...

Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar Unusual_sarcasm_notice
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah fully agreed Arq.

What's Messi done at Barca than Neymar hasn't.

You know, Messi has never scored for Barcelona when Neymar was on his side, Neymar has never missed a shot for Barca and never lost a game.

Cruyff Proud

Lost his mind long ago. Hence why he got fired from some terrible club not so long ago Laughing

Fact is, Tony Pulis is a better manager than him now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

It's pretty clear what he meant.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Behind the madness, his point is pretty clear for all to see. But I am of the belief that Messi and Neymar can work in cohesion once Barcelona's management actually structure the team to make both work.

They would be wise not to think he would be another Pedro or Sanchez.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
juveman17 wrote:

Cruyff: I would sell Messi now Barcelona have Neymar Unusual_sarcasm_notice

rofl
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum