Patrick Bateman
ErPupone
McLewis
flameas
Lupi
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what would be ur ideal Roma XI 4 upcoming season  - Page 2 Empty Re: what would be ur ideal Roma XI 4 upcoming season

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What I would do for Roma

Diego Alves
Toro - Marquinhos - CB* - Ansaldi
Bradley - DDR - Pjanic
Totti
Lamela - Destro

Essentially taking care of the weak links. Diego Alves is a great shot stopper, Ansaldi a cheap and good LB. I had Campagnaro in mind for the CB, since I wanted someone with a lot of experience to organize the backline and yet enough mobility to play in a high line, but I forgot that Inter signed him. Not quite sure who else fits those requirements, but the last thing Roma want is another boy back there. Midfield and attack are fine, Roma's problem was never creating chances, and in that midfield there is enough balance between grit and creativity.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

what would be ur ideal Roma XI 4 upcoming season  - Page 2 Empty Re: what would be ur ideal Roma XI 4 upcoming season

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 am

I'm curious BC....how exactly do you envision Pjanic's movements in the role you have him in?

I only ask because LE had him playing deeper and while this improved his fitness, he didn't figure as prominently as he did this past year (which even then wasn't as prominent as in his Lyon days).

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 am

I suppose an appropriate comparison would be Iniesta for Barca. A CM with an attacking focus.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 am

The best would be a mixture of current Roma and 2010-11 Lille.

When Lille won the double under Garcia they were playing like this:

Landreau
Debuchy - Rami - Chedjou - Emerson
Balmont - Mavuba - Cabaye
Gervinho - Sow - Hazard
So the ideal mixture would be:

Destro - Osvaldo - Lamela
De Rossi - Mavuba - Pjanic
Digne - Benatia - Marquinhos - Debuchy
Diego Alves

De Rossi for Cabaye's role and Pjanic for Balmont's. I'm not sure about Osvaldo and Destro though.

I hope you guys do well this season. Serie A needs to get stronger.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Toro--DDR--Benatia--Digne
----------------------------
--Florenzi-Mvuaba-Pjanic--
----------------------------
Lamela---Totti---Sanchez

DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Andrew_p wrote:The best would be a mixture of current Roma and 2010-11 Lille.

Landreau
Gervinho - Sow - Hazard

Diego Alves

De Rossi for Cabaye's role and Pjanic for Balmont's. I'm not sure about Osvaldo and Destro though.

De Rossi has to play deeper, so would have to be in the middle in a 4-3-3 like he did with Enrique.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:10 pm

ErPupone wrote:

Landreau
Gervinho - Sow - Hazard

Diego Alves

De Rossi has to play deeper, so would have to be in the middle in a 4-3-3 like he did with Enrique.

I was thinking of that but I believe he has the quality to play equally well the box to box role. If you swap him positions with Mavuba who lacks creativity there will be a gap created.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Andrew_p wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Landreau
Gervinho - Sow - Hazard

Diego Alves

I was thinking of that but I believe he has the quality to play equally well the box to box role. If you swap him positions with Mavuba who lacks creativity there will be a gap created.

Agreed, I also believe he has the quality to play a box-to-box role, but that's exactly what Zeman tried to get him to do and De Rossi couldn't accept it. He just doesn't like playing on the side of a 3 man midfield as a box to box midfielder, unless it's in a system such as the one with the national team, but even at that he prefers lying deep in the middle. It's a shame but it's his personal preference and, to get him back to his best, he has to be happy.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:53 am

ErPupone wrote:
Andrew_p wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Agreed, I also believe he has the quality to play a box-to-box role, but that's exactly what Zeman tried to get him to do and De Rossi couldn't accept it. He just doesn't like playing on the side of a 3 man midfield as a box to box midfielder, unless it's in a system such as the one with the national team, but even at that he prefers lying deep in the middle. It's a shame but it's his personal preference and, to get him back to his best, he has to be happy.

Ah, too bad. I didn't know that was the case with him and Zeman.

Such a shame really. . .

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 am

Id love to see Rene Adler (HSV), Dusan Basta, and Marco Sau somehow join us.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:24 pm

narbeZ wrote:Id love to see Rene Adler (HSV), Dusan Basta, and Marco Sau somehow join us.

Yup. Benatia, Basta, Santon, Naingollan, Sau/Gomez and a decent keeper for me. Let's say 10 million a piece minus sales (mind the oversimplification) and it's a solid transfer market.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Adler would be quite a coup, but it would depend on how quickly he settles. Could be a younger Stek.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Yann Sommer
Vasilis--Marcos-Castan-Balza
DDR
Stoorman*-*Pjanic
Lamela*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Nani
Totti/Destro
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 am

No money situation
Sorrentino
Vasilis-Marcos-Castan-Balza
DDR---Pjanic
Lamela---Florenzi--Estigarribia
Totti

Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2