Best news I've heard in ages.

bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Laporta to Enter Elections - Page 3 Empty Re: Laporta to Enter Elections

Post by futbol Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Joan Laporta: "Josep Bartomeu has always been Sandro Rosell's puppet"

The former Barcelona president also said the socio's condifence in him is motivating him to run for a second term

He who was once Barcelona president and he who could possible be the next president, Joan Laporta, has said that the confidence of the club's socios gives him motivation to return.

"The fact that the socios of Barça have confidence in me, even though I've still not presented myself [as a candidate], motivates me to run," he said in an interview with 'L'Esportuiu'.

And while there is no date for new presidential elections yet, he's confident he has time to decide if he will run.

"If the elections are in 2016, I can take a decision at the end of 2015, or even at the beginning of 2016," Laporta continued.

"If they're earlier, I will take a decision sooner. I have experience and don't need time to make my case.

"I want a new project and no, it would not be the same as in 2003. I want a project that will return Barça to being a reference point in world football.

"I want an innovative project based on the things that made us successful in the previous stage. I feel true to the style of play, that of Cruyff, and supporting homemade talent."

On the recent rumours that he had spoke with Jorge Mendes about Jose Mourinho managing Barcelona, Laporta made it clear that was not true.

"Mourinho is a good professional and I respect him, but I didn't speak about him with Jorge Mendes," he explained.

"Everyone knows my type of manager, you only have to remember the two that we had at the club when I was in charge. My style is that of the Cruyff philosophy.

"I've not thought of names, but Cruyff, Txiki, Rijkaard and Guardiola will always be linked with Barça - directly or indirectly. They've formed part of the best Barça in history.

"Pep has the capacity to do what he wants in Barça. He's demonstrated that as manager and he has the human touch, intelligence and knowledge of the club to be president when he wants."

As for the current president, Laporta was less kind.

"[Josep Maria] Bartomeu has always been a puppet in the hands of [Sandro] Rosell and, possibly, that is still the case," he sniped.

"It would be good for Barça if the elections [for the new president] came at the end of the season."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/barca/joan-laporta-josep-bartomeu-has-always-been-sandro-rosells-puppet-3693253

Save us, Joan.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Anyone but this board, which I think is easily the worst board in history. Just scandal after scandal after scandal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:21 am

Would love if a move was made to make the elections at the end of the season. I have no doubt Bart and everyone involved with him would get the boot.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:30 am

Laporta: "Who is the technical secretary at Barça? I would not know. No one takes charge. There are errors which must be corrected."

"The club moves away from the style of Cruyff and the result is a vicious circle. If you lose with your style, at least you have your style."

"Would I sign Griezmann if I were the president? No."

"Pep said Barça are still true to its style? I do not agree with Pep. With him we had a better time than we have now. It is true that Barça kept almost the entire spine, but now we have only fun with Messi's goals." [via md]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Still one of our best president I hope he comes back and brings Txiki and Soriano.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Every few years when there is a bit of a "crisis" mode (walking the league and CL semis is "crisis" now LAWL) he comes out of the woodwork to fire shots on Twitter before disappearing again for years. His last attempt to become president was "I will bring Pogba and here is Abidal on my side who supports me, now vote me". Rolling Eyes

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:18 pm

Thankfully people like you don't get a vote so all is good.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:19 pm

That answer took you 3 weeks?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:43 pm

Laughing
No I just saw it tbh. I don't keep tabs on you Wink
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:54 am

Laporta is not some genius who can magically turn our style around and bring back La Masia. When it comes to bringing through La Masia talents, we have been a victim of our own success. Much more difficult to blood youngsters when you are expected to win the treble each season. Wasnt the case when Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busi etc broke through. Ofcourse talents arent as good and coaches havent been great but change in expectations has been biggest factor.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:35 pm

futbol wrote:Every few years when there is a bit of a "crisis" mode (walking the league and CL semis is "crisis" now LAWL) he comes out of the woodwork to fire shots on Twitter before disappearing again for years. His last attempt to become president was "I will bring Pogba and here is Abidal on my side who supports me, now vote me". Rolling Eyes

Laporta is our Calderon!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:14 pm

"Running for elections next year? I'm increasingly looking forward to going for it, yes." [via ara]

"I doubt that Bartomeu will leave a better club than the one he took at the beginning of his tenure."

"If I were Xavi, I wouldn't join under the current board."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:01 am

For some reason the socis are not fond of Laporta, as demonstrated by the previous election where he lost to Bartomeu. It seems Víctor Font is the favourite to win the elections, at least from what I understand. Unfortunately he's another businessman with zero understanding of football. He has promised Xavi, but who wouldn't.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:45 pm

If Bart really loved the club he would of held early elections because having him in charge another season means another season of crap squad building and dumb financial handling.

https://www.blaugranagram.com/goldman-sachs-stay-firm-on-financing-the-new-camp-nou/

For the record I'd rather Victor Font, who would come in with fresh ideas than to have Laporta again.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:22 pm

So where does everyone stand on laporta right now?

Did he use messi's renewal to get re elected? Did he always know there was no chance of keeping him? Why did he keep on signing players we have no hope of registering? Was he actually betrayed by Tebas, or did Tebas just do what he always said he would do?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:46 pm

He is a politician. Reasonable to assume that he lied.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:57 pm

Laporta actually never said he will keep Messi, he merely said he is hopeful that he will convince Messi to stay, which he did by cutting down his salary by half.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt. After all he is the best president you've had in your history.

He is in a tough position but I think he is doing the right things for the club after a disastrous Rosell-Bartomeu era from an economic point of view first and then sporting.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:54 pm

I can only say ppl always say the lord works in mysterious ways, in reality these rich powerful elites at the top works in even more mysterious ways that we rarely find out the truth unfortunately Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So where does everyone stand on laporta right now?

Did he use messi's renewal to get re elected? Did he always know there was no chance of keeping him? Why did he keep on signing players we have no hope of registering? Was he actually betrayed by Tebas, or did Tebas just do what he always said he would do?

He didnt know how bad Barca finances were until they went in and did an audit, no?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:03 pm

Only criticism I have is him wanting to keep Messi and the rest of the old core. Messi I understand, you cannot be the reason Messi leaves and get elected, but the rest of the old guard should be told to leave, not continue to lead the group.

I am fairly confident in saying he wanted to keep Messi and the only thing he could control was convincing Messi to agree to stay, which he has done.

I think he felt the power of Messi would be enough for La Liga to bend the rules to allow Messi to stay. A fair assumption to make and even if I wanted Messi to stay, I would not criticize Laporta for this assumption.

And there is plenty of hope of registering the new players, there is still time for this to happen and im relatively sure it will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Yeah I mean the reason for FFP, league financial rules, and other regulations like these is to AVOID clubs going into unsustainable debt and becoming insolvent.  That's why they are there.  But if a club has no risk of this happening, then an exception MUST be made.  You can't become so stuck in the weeds that you forget the purpose of regulations.

Barca is not going to go BK by signing the current players.  In fact, they weren't going to go BK by signing Messi.  The whole thing was nonsense.  There has to be flexibility in the rules to allow for situational circumstances.

La Liga should have gone the French LFP route... ask for bank guarantees for any budgetary deficit for the lifetime of the contracts in question.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:11 pm

I dont see any problem with Laporta, what else could he do. we were already in a mess and then there is Tebas with his crazy ideas.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Only criticism I have is him wanting to keep Messi and the rest of the old core. Messi I understand, you cannot be the reason Messi leaves and get elected, but the rest of the old guard should be told to leave, not continue to lead the group.

I am fairly confident in saying he wanted to keep Messi and the only thing he could control was convincing Messi to agree to stay, which he has done.

I think he felt the power of Messi would be enough for La Liga to bend the rules to allow Messi to stay. A fair assumption to make and even if I wanted Messi to stay, I would not criticize Laporta for this assumption.

And there is plenty of hope of registering the new players, there is still time for this to happen and im relatively sure it will.

Even without Messi's wages we are still at 95% Wages to Revenue. In order to register any new players we need to bring that down to 70%.

The only way that's happening is if we let Griezmann, Umtiti, Coutinho and Dembele go. But that doesn't seem very likely right now. So I'm not sure that there is much of a chance of registering these players yet.

That said, I agree hoping for a Messi/Covid exemption might have reasonable at some point, but I just don't see how you go from saying "a deal is almost reached" to "Messi can't stay" in 48 hours.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:18 am

The crisis shows no sign of abating. With the players digging in their heels and refusing a payout or even move, we are unable to register the new players.
Bit disappointed that LaPorta has still not publicly announced a wage structure. That should have been first order of business. Announce a structure to let existing players and prospects know that we won't pay exorbitant money anymore.
Some amount of arm twisting also has to be done to get rid of players who are not needed and who are on exorbitant wages.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Even without Messi's wages we are still at 95% Wages to Revenue. In order to register any new players we need to bring that down to 70%.

The only way that's happening is if we let Griezmann, Umtiti, Coutinho and Dembele go. But that doesn't seem very likely right now. So I'm not sure that there is much of a chance of registering these players yet.

That said, I agree hoping for a Messi/Covid exemption might have reasonable at some point, but I just don't see how you go from saying "a deal is almost reached" to "Messi can't stay" in 48 hours.

Its very difficult, we have to wait and see. I think the aim will or at least should be to lower the wages of guys we cannot sell and add more players to list of guys to sell. I cant understand keeping players like Roberto and Lenglet. I also expect Pjanic and Braithwaite to be added to your list.

As for the change in position within 48 hours, it makes sense to me.

It was unofficially announced a deal is reached with Messi, that was true.

Messi couldnt stay because the La Liga rules. Those are 2 separate things. Again, I think he expected La Liga to bend the rules.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next