free_cat
messixaviesta
Deja Vu
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Laporta to Enter Elections Empty Laporta to Enter Elections

Post by Deja Vu 11/6/2013, 23:46

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/laporta-ready-run-again-barca-presidency-163904366.html
Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta has signalled his intent to put himself forward for re-election in 2016 and attacked the current Barca board on a number of issues, including their decision not to renew defender Eric Abidal's contract.
"I feel prepared and every day I am more excited to return to being president of Barcelona," he told a press conference on Monday.
"To present yourself for elections you have to be motivated and I am. But I have to wait until there are elections. When they are close I will reflect more."
Abidal was signed during Laporta's previous reign as president in 2007 and he claimed that not renewing the contract of the Frenchman after he had returned to playing following a liver transplant had damaged the image of the club.
The 33-year-old was instead offered an ambassadorial role in Barca's football schools rather than another playing contract, which he has refused at least until he has finished his playing career somewhere else.
"The Abidal case has not been handled well. It has damaged the image of Barcelona and disappointed the player.
"The club has shown a contradictory attitude and I think they should have extended Eric Abidal's contract for another year."
Laporta also criticised the current Barca administration, led by president Sandro Rossell, for not doing enough to keep Pep Guardiola at the club when he resigned to take a year out of the game at the end of the season.
Moreover, he believes that Guardiola's influence on the club over the years has been devalued by the Barca board and that current coach Tito Vilanova needs to take a more active role in the formation of the squad for next season.
"I have a very good relationship with Pep Guardiola. I am grateful to him because he was the only person to publicly stand up in our favour. Now they are trying to minimise his work, but Guardiola had a vital importance.
"The academy, the foundation, key people in the history of the club, like Guardiola, all this is being distorted at this moment.
"A coach of Barca cannot simply be a spectator to sporting questions of the club. It surprised me when Tito said that the Barca board will give him the players and he is solely dedicated to training. He has to have a criteria."
Club spokesman Toni Freixa meanwhile refused to respond to Laporta's criticism but insisted there were no plans to call a presidential election before 2016, despite rumours it could be brought forward.
"We respect the opinions of all the members and Laporta is a distinguished member," he told a press conference.
"Our intention is to fulfil our mandate, which finishes in the year of 2016."

Thoughts? I personally would love have to see him back.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Laporta to Enter Elections Empty Re: Laporta to Enter Elections

Post by messixaviesta 12/6/2013, 07:09

Will our next election be held as late as 2016? I thought it would be next year itself.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 10:59

For me the most important statement of Laporta in his press conference was:

"The current board has an obsession to destroy what we did: Cruyff, La Masia, Catalunya, UNICEF, fighting against violence..."

Rosell is continuing his plan of revenge on anything that smells Cruyff, Laporta and Guardiola.
This season, they kicked out two scouts (Planchart and Domenech), the sports coordinator under Zubi (Valentin) and a fisio (Ricart) all of them with good relationship with Guardiola.
All the coaches at the youth teams still don't have their contract renewed except the Juvenil A coach.
Zubi also seems to be under Rosell's radar, and while I don't mind him being fired, because he sucks, I fear that Rosell wants to manage the Sports area directly, Florentino style.

I fear that we are very, very doomed with this vengative and incompetent President. I'm always excited about next season and I want us to succeed, but I also see it difficult and unlikely with these idiots.

Save us Laporta!

JD: Presidential terms at Barça last 6 years now. However, there are many rumours that Rosell is willing to advance the elections to next october and that's why Rosell anounced he would be a candidate again a couple of months ago and Laporta is starting his campaign. Theoretically, Rosell would want to advance elections to get 3 more years (until 2019) and to get a mandate from the members to build the new stadium.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 11:31

Yeah, Laporta is true Spaniard. "Lets do what we like, we can always have more debt."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 11:36

Harmonica wrote:Yeah, Laporta is true Spaniard. "Lets do what we like, we can always have more debt."

First Laporta is Catalan and a catalan independentist.

Second, you don't know what you are talking about. Laporta got Barça in the worst sportive and financial state in the last 30 years.

Rosell used accounting engineering to change last year of Laporta's balance and to show a huge loss. Even with this false huge loss in the last term, all Laporta's years combined almsot break even in revenue and expenses, which means that he barely increased debt as you claim, while tripling income and making us a world reference. Almost a miracle.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 11:45

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Yeah, Laporta is true Spaniard. "Lets do what we like, we can always have more debt."

Second, you don't know what you are talking about. Laporta got Barça in the worst sportive and financial state in the last 30 years.

Rosell used accounting engineering to change last year of Laporta's balance and to show a huge loss. Even with this false huge loss in the last term, all Laporta's years combined almsot break even in revenue and expenses, which means that he barely increased debt as you claim, while tripling income and making us a world reference. Almost a miracle.
I think his nationality is Spain.

So what's the balance at Laporta's and Rosell's time?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 11:59

Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Listen, if you like using spanish nationalist arguments like "in your identity card says you are spanish" (which is not really an argument) you should really think of changing clubs.

One of Barça's main value is Catalunya, and if you don't respect it even with an ex Barça President, you might as well stay away from Barça.
Balances are public and can be get from the website.

Last edited by free_cat on 12/6/2013, 16:08; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 12:10

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Listen, if you like using spanish nationalist arguments like "in your identity card says you are spanish" (which is not really an argument) you should really think of changing clubs.

One of Barça's main value is Catalunya, and if you don't respect it even with an ex Barça President, you might as well f*ck off.

I'm not a Spanish, nor Catalan, and couldn't care less about the subject.

I thought you had the figures, when you were so adamant about it?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 12:14

Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:I think his nationality is Spain.

One of Barça's main value is Catalunya, and if you don't respect it even with an ex Barça President, you might as well f*ck off.

If you don't care less about the subject, don't side with the spanish and try to tell us we are Spanish.

Of course I have the figures, but there's no reason I have to work for you. Go and look for them, or just continue to be ignorant and do like you know what you are talking about.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 12:15

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:

If you don't care less about the subject, don't side with the spanish and try to tell us we are Spanish.

Of course I have the figures, but there's no reason I have to work for you. Go and look for them, or just continue to be ignorant and do like you know what you are talking about.
I think anybody can say he's Spaniard if his nationality really is Spain.

Thanks for proving my point.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 12:50

Then Finnish were Russians and should continue to be Russians.

You didn't even make any point.

Edit: I had 08/09 accounts in my PC so I'll post this image, which is a graphic summary of economical results under Laporta:

Laporta to Enter Elections Resultats

Blue is the exercise result, red is the income. It goes from 2002-2003 (last Gaspart year) to 2009-2010 (Last Laporta year - only projected, not official results).

Laporta took over in 2003/04 after Gaspart's last year 2002-2003 with terrible economical (170 milion of losses) and sporting results. After that year, they made a profit every season until 2008/09. 2009/2010 was Laporta's last season which appears in the graph only as a projection. All the rest are official and audited economical results. The results of this final exercise are disputed, Laporta claiming to have a profit of 10 milions, Rosell claiming there was a loss of 77 milion (the results finally filed). Even if the loss was of 77 milion as Rosell claims, the net result under Laporta is a net profit of 37 milion.

Even if the debt was slighlty increased, it is much easier to deal with an X amount of debt with 400+ milion of income as Laporta left the Club, than 140 milion, as he found it. And without selling our shirt after lying that you would not do that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 14:05

free_cat wrote:Then Finnish were Russians and should continue to be Russians.
Very Happy Silly but funny.

You didn't even make any point.

Edit: I had 08/09 accounts in my PC so I'll post this image, which is a graphic summary of economical results under Laporta:

Laporta to Enter Elections Resultats

Blue is the exercise result, red is the income. It goes from 2002-2003 (last Gaspart year) to 2009-2010 (Last Laporta year - only projected, not official results).

Laporta took over in 2003/04 after Gaspart's last year 2002-2003 with terrible economical (170 milion of losses) and sporting results. After that year, they made a profit every season until 2008/09. 2009/2010 was Laporta's last season which appears in the graph only as a projection. All the rest are official and audited economical results. The results of this final exercise are disputed, Laporta claiming to have a profit of 10 milions, Rosell claiming there was a loss of 77 milion (the results finally filed). Even if the loss was of 77 milion as Rosell claims, the net result under Laporta is a net profit of 37 milion.

Even if the debt was slighlty increased, it is much easier to deal with an X amount of debt with 400+ milion of income as Laporta left the Club, than 140 milion, as he found it. And without selling our shirt after lying that you would not do that.
So how much did debt dec/inc with Laporta and Rosell?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 15:08

It's the same of what you are saying. Finland is Russia.

You don't know that debt increases or decreases mostly in relation to Profit/losses?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 15:30

free_cat wrote:It's the same of what you are saying. Finland is Russia.

You don't know that debt increases or decreases mostly in relation to Profit/losses?
If you say so. Laughing

How much has debt has changed with Laporta and Rosell?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 15:32

Please, kizz or dani, delete the last couple of posts from this Russian. He is trolling and going in circles to already answered questions.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 15:38

free_cat wrote:Please, kizz or dani, delete the last couple of posts from this Russian. He is trolling and going in circles to already answered questions.
You're the one with the personal insults and trolling, and the question haven't been answered yet.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 15:46

Personal insults? I only called you Russian, which is the same as calling Laporta and me,spanish which you started in this thread.

The question hasn't been answered because there's no need. First, because debt is a secondary thing to have in consideration when assessing the financial health of an organization. Profit/loss, results, income, assets are more important, and I already showed that. Also, "debt" is an ambiguous term and you should clarify which debt you want to know: net debt, bank debt, gross debt?

Second, because you can easily get all financial information since 2003-04 from Barça's website if you can move your russian lazy ass:

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/club/premsa/detall/fitxa/memoria-anual-del-fc-barcelona

Edit: I sense that you might have interpreted "ignorant" as a personal insult, when I all meant is that you ignore Barça's financial statements, which I think it's pretty evident on your comments asking for information and data all the time.

Last edited by free_cat on 12/6/2013, 15:51; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 15:50

free_cat wrote:Personal insults? I only called you Russian, which is the same as calling Laporta and me,spanish which you started in this thread.
Didn't you just tell me f*ck off couple of post earlier?

The question hasn't been answered because there's no need.
So first it was answered, and then it isn't? Now I'm confused.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 15:55

Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:Personal insults? I only called you Russian, which is the same as calling Laporta and me,spanish which you started in this thread.

So first it is answered, and then it isn't? Now I'm confused.

Why are you obsessed with debt? Does Barça owe you money or something? If you ask nicely, I'll go and show you the figures, and you will see you are wrong.

Now F*ck off is a personal insult? I always took it as "get lost/get hell out of here (the Club)", anyway that's what I meant with it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 15:58

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Why are you obsessed with debt? Does Barça owe you money or something? If you ask nicely, I'll go and show you the figures, and you will see you are wrong.

Now F*ck off is a personal insult? I always took it as "get lost/get hell out of here (the Club)", anyway that's what I meant with it.
No but financial well being is good for the club, which I support. Now I would like to know how the debt has developed between the two?

Yes it is.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 16:08

Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Didn't you just tell me f*ck off couple of post earlier?

No but financial well being is good for the club, which I support. Now I would like to know how the debt has developed between the two?

Yes it is.

If you care so much, go and fetch the data. I even gave you the link. Or ask nicely.

Sorry if you took it as a personal insult, I really didn't mean it that way. I'll edit and change it to "stay away from our club" which is what I wanted to mean.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 16:09

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Yes it is.

If you care so much, go and fetch the data. I even gave you the link. Or ask nicely.

Sorry if you took it as a personal insult, I really didn't mean it that way. I'll edit and change it to "stay away from our club" which is what I wanted to mean.
I don't care enough, your denial is enough proof for me.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 12/6/2013, 16:21

Laporta to Enter Elections Deute

Evolution of Net Bank debt since 2004, from 88,3 to 20,4 milion. (Sorry for the bad quality, it's like this in the memory but I guess even russians can appreciate Bank debt went down under Laporta).

Edit: in 2009/2010 the net bank debt reported is of 108 milion, which would mean around 30 milion of Bank debt increase in the whole Laporta era, nothing that threatens a Club like Barça after tripling the income and getting stable profits. Also, 09/10 accounts where finally posted by Rosell and they are subject of Court dispute.

Last edited by free_cat on 12/6/2013, 16:28; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica 12/6/2013, 16:23

How about overall debt in time of Laporta and Rosell, or is that same as "bank" debt?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange 12/6/2013, 16:30

cheers

I agree with Free_cat on this. Laporta will ensure the club does not deviate from its Cruijffian roots. The current president has tried to strip off its links to Cruijff.

Harmonica, are you a Barcelona fan or a Lionel Messi fan? If you do not know that Catalans are striving for independence and do not consider themselves Spanish then I do not know why you are supporting Barcelona. Politics and the club are intertwined, which is why Barcelona is always used for political power and machinations.

The current president is slowly stripping away Barcelonas identitiy, first getting rid of Cruijff as honorary president, then getting a sponsor on the Barcelona jersey, the man keeps going from one disgrace to another.

Harmonica I implore you to cease with these activities at once and refrain from trolling in future please. I respect your unwavering attitude in the face of adversity, but a choice must be made, are you a fan of FC Barcelona Futball club or a fan of Lionel Messi?

Till that choice is made, your heart and posts will show division and lack of focus, and you will be an incomplete poster. Once you have resolved this question, like prince Zuko from the avataer, your true potential as a poster and as a human being will finally be achieved. I await your decision.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next