If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 16 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 16 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am

Yohan Modric wrote:That's true, however I don't really think moving from Liverpool to Arsenal is much of a progression. They don't really compete for the title/CL and Suarez should move to a team that does.

Chelsea don't and haven't done since Ancelotti's first season yet you think he should join them?

Besides Chelsea and Arsenal both become title challengers with a player like Suarez.

Going from Ba and Giroud to Suarez would be a massive upgrade that shouldn't be underestimated how much of an impact it would have.

Although yes both would probably need more to actually win the thing as Man City would still be above them IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 16 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:42 am

Arsenal is a step up but its more like, dude lets take some rest on the 5th floor for 5 minutes and then proceed further up.

Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:45 am

Man City did eff all last season, so why are they a step up? scratch Oh right, cos they haz lots of monies, are choc full of unnecessary players and La Liga ledge-end Pellegrini is there Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 am

Nishank wrote:Arsenal is a step up but its more like, dude lets take some rest on the 5th floor for 5 minutes and then proceed further up.

Razz

Well yeah i do agree, unless Arsenal can match those ambitions which seem unlikely he will eventually leave for one the sides that are consistently in the CL semis and beyond.

All speculation of course because he might not even join them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 am

Arsenal, who have progressed further in the CL than City two years running, have less of a chance of winning the mofo apparently Laughing

inb4itwasallmanciniandhistactics
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:48 am

Lex wrote:Man City did eff all last season, so why are they a step up? :scratch:Oh right, cos they haz lots of monies, are choc full of unnecessary players and La Liga ledge-end Pellegrini is there Rolling Eyes

League champions the year before..... fa cup finalists and league runners up last year.

Just upgraded their team in 4 areas and got a better manager..... i know you hate them mate and i do too but lets be real if they don't win the league its a failure with the team they have.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:49 am

Even with Suarez, I still think Arsenal would need a few more WC players. Chelsea just have more power to compete for the title than Arsenal do. Arsenal haven't finished 2nd in almost 10 years.

They've got Mourinho now too. He knows the EPL well and knows what he's doing. I'm sure he's got a plan for the CF spot. Either getting Torres back to form or giving Lukaku a go, Schurrle up front or maybe a new CF. I doubt Ba would start.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:49 am

Here's a crazy idea, what if Suarez joins us, he could help us win trophies? It's a radical way of thinking, up there with sliced bread and the crotchless panty, but by jove it just might work
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Even with Suarez, I still think Arsenal would need a few more WC players. Chelsea just have more power to compete for the title than Arsenal do. Arsenal haven't finished 2nd in almost 10 years.

They've got Mourinho now too. He knows the EPL well and knows what he's doing. I'm sure he's got a plan for the CF spot. Either getting Torres back to form or giving Lukaku a go, Schurrle up front or maybe a new CF. I doubt Ba would start.
It took a while, but there it is Laughing Mourinho the Mighty, single handedly leading Chelsea to the league
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:55 am

Mourinho is a big factor in terms of Chelsea competing for the title.

His experience, managerial skills etc can all help.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:59 am

Didnt help vs Cancer ridden Tito and scrub Roura.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You would think Liverpool are consistently in the CL and have won the league since 1990 the way people go on about them.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:That's true, however I don't really think moving from Liverpool to Arsenal is much of a progression. They don't really compete for the title/CL and Suarez should move to a team that does.

Chelsea don't and haven't done since Ancelotti's first season yet you think he should join them?

Besides Chelsea and Arsenal both become title challengers with a player like Suarez.

And the way people go on about Arsenal,you would think that they have been narrowly losing the title in these past few years or something.

When was the last time they were even involved in a 'title race' ?

With Suarez they'll be able to cement their CL spot.I mean it wont be a race anymore.Nothing more nothing less.

And maybe a progression in CL.You know,making quarters or maybe even semis depending on their luck.Thats about it.

Botric is absolutely right.They need another 2 top class players to be labelled as 'title challengers'.Even then,i would say it would take another few seasons to become proper title contenders.

Personally if i was Suarez ,i would rather hold out for Bayern,Barca or Madrid when the opportunity arises next year.But he is getting desperate to play in the CL so i wont be surprised if he moves to Arsenal this window.I'm not a mind-reader afterall.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:09 am

The situation at madrid was different.. the players at chelsea will listen to him lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:40 am

Latest interview :-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-manager-brendan-rodgers-5585759

With the new Premier League campaign less than a fortnight away, Rodgers believes the time has come to draw a line under the summer-long saga.

“I’m extremely confident that Luis will be here,” Rodgers said.

“As time goes on I am gaining more confidence (that he stays) because I have got the chance to be with him on a day to day basis and he gets the chance to be around his team-mates. We are in total control of the situation and that is how it will remain.

“The owners have been first class right the way through the whole process and that fills me with confidence. They are in no hurry to sell. They understand that we are trying to build.

“There is a time line where you would never sell. We are at that stage now really because we’re so close to the beginning of the season.

“We are focused on Luis being here, getting in a couple more signings and being ready to challenge at the top of the table.”

With Suarez under contract until 2016, Liverpool are in a position of strength but Rodgers admits that won’t be the case if the prolific frontman still wants to leave next summer.

“Selling Luis is not something we want to be looking at this year,” he said.

“But we understand that next summer it could be different. A player with two years on his contract is totally different.

“Luis has got three years left and we are trying to bring in players to be around him so we can sustain a challenge this year.”

Arsenal wrongly believed Suarez had a release clause in his contract when they tabled an increased bid of £40million plus £1 last month.

The Gunners have yet to return with a higher offer and Rodgers wants Arsene Wenger to give up pursuing Suarez.

“I think there will come a point where Arsenal understand (that Luis not for sale),” he added. “They have an interest and put that interest in with two bids that is nowhere near what Luis would be worth. I was surprised by the second bid. I’ve always associated Arsenal as a club with class.

“ There may be a game there, but we will just move on and do our own work.”

Still 4 weeks to go.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am

Rodgers stating something I've been saying since that very first interview. Brendan. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:05 am

Well that settles it. He's staying and you might as well close this thread.

Knew we were never going to sell him to Arsenal Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:13 am

I still think this needs atleast a week swagger.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:09 am

In b4 he's overrated and not very good and "vamps" etc.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 am

something-red wrote:In b4 he's overrated and not very good and "vamps" etc.

that will only happen if he signs for Madrid. don't need to worry Thumbs up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:58 am

No. That will happen the moment he doesn't join Arsenal lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:48 am

Or the moment he DOES join Arsenal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:57 pm

He wont leave.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Lex wrote:Here's a crazy idea, what if Suarez joins us, he could help us win trophies? It's a radical way of thinking, up there with sliced bread and the crotchless panty, but by jove it just might work

Do arsenal fans still think they have a chance at Suarez?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Yes.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

McAgger wrote:Well that settles it. He's staying and you might as well close this thread.

Knew we were never going to sell him to Arsenal Laughing

Hold your horses
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
Lex wrote:Here's a crazy idea, what if Suarez joins us, he could help us win trophies? It's a radical way of thinking, up there with sliced bread and the crotchless panty, but by jove it just might work

Do arsenal fans still think they have a chance at Suarez?

I am confident
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next