If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 10 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 10 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:38 pm

I think most Liverpool fans would be happy to sell him for £50m, but I hope we don't bend over and sell for less than that.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 10 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:39 pm

TBh If I was 'Pool i'd ask for 45, take it then try to replace him and strengthen elsewhere with any remaining money ASAP rather than hold out for 50, then have RM come in with a last minute offer which could throw a spanner in the works.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Liverpool's stance is what it has been since Suarez made his very first comment at the Confed Cup: it will take a £50m+ bid and an official transfer request for the club to sell him.

So him handing in a transfer request doesn't really change much, beyond meeting one of the two mandatory requirements set by the club.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 pm

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 10 BPaJslRCYAAc_Yj

Lex??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Frankly, I'm surprised the "Dr" stopped at "2nd best"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 pm

McAgger wrote:If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 10 BPaJslRCYAAc_Yj

Lex??

I follow Lex so nah Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:26 pm

McAgger wrote:If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 10 BPaJslRCYAAc_Yj

Lex??

1000s of them on twitter lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Not wanting Suarez is somehow seen as not supporting the club rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Where did all the the Suarez is not realistic talk go to?

If Barca sell Cesc like the majority of their fans hope they do then he's also a possibility as well with the buy back clause.

Btw Chambo is a WC prospect I'll be surprised if Wenger signs a LW. They can play either him or Cazorla there if Fabregas returns.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Oxlade's future as in the middle. Although i don't buy the Bernard rumours either. Cazorla/Podolski are good enough.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Oxlade's future as in the middle. Although i don't buy the Bernard rumours either. Cazorla/Podolski are good enough.

Heard the same thing about Theo. I'll believe it when I see it.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:24 am

no way oxlade is going to play in the middle, doesn't have the vision or passing execution.. better for him to just say out wide.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:31 am

Gil wrote:Where did all the the Suarez is not realistic talk go to?

Arsenal is not realistic. They can offer as much as they want, he won't go there.

Majority of all the talk is coming from the Arsenal camp. The only few times Suarez agent (who is a c*nt) has talked about Arsenal has basically invited Madrid to make an offer. So I won't be surprised if all this talk about Arsenal is just to trigger Madrid to offer for him.

Tomwin Lannister wrote:TBh If I was 'Pool i'd ask for 45, take it then try to replace him and strengthen elsewhere with any remaining money ASAP rather than hold out for 50, then have RM come in with a last minute offer which could throw a spanner in the works.

Who are we going to replace him with?

The only that could (yes COULD) have replaced him was Jovetic. There's no one in the market today we can get that can replace the quality of Suarez. We won't sell for cheap, and we won't sell unless we find a replacement good enough. There's not many people out there, and we're not in any position to "must get rid as we need $" as we're not Arsenal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:24 am

Porridge not a viable replacement?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 am

He doesn't need replacement. Need to stop our obsession with marquee signings. Sturridge will make up for his loss. Potential Kop GOAT. The money we will get from Suarez sale should be utilized for positions that need strengthening. We will get Eriksen and possibly Alderweireld from half of that money. We can later buy another wide forward depending upon how Aspas turns out.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:22 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:He doesn't need replacement. Need to stop our obsession with marquee signings. Sturridge will make up for his loss. Potential Kop GOAT. The money we will get from Suarez sale should be utilized for positions that need strengthening. We will get Eriksen and possibly Alderweireld from half of that money. We can later buy another wide forward depending upon how Aspas turns out.

We don't need to sell Luis to get the funds to buy Eriksen and Alderweireld. We were prepared to offer 25m for Mkhitaryan... those two would come for that.

Also, "he doesn't need a replacement". Really? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Laughing We'd be lucky to finish 6th if we sell Luis and get no replacement. Suarez is also our only chance of getting CL football. Sell him, chances of CL are gone. It's as simple as that.

Lex wrote:Porridge not a viable replacement?

He's half the player of Luis and he plays predominately up top. Luis plays just behind Porridge.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 am

But I agree with Enigma, we should forget about a like to like to replacement. Whomever we buy, or whatever the skills and talent we have, we should play to those strengths.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:13 pm

I see people are still underestimating how much you can do with a 40-50m sale.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:24 pm

I think it is more about confidence to select apt players, also the fear that if we buy X for Y amount, whether he will click at the right time, in the right situation...coutinho and sturridge dont happen in every window.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Its 25 million that we 100% had + the 45 million we get from Suarez.

So approximately we will have a 60-70 million budget after Suarez goes, We would have raped the market but we got no Europe next year, So im struggling to find realistic targets here.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Eriksen/Bernard could be possible for AM. They'd cost under/around £20m.

Then someone like Remy/Dzeko/Soldado/Damiao to replace Suarez? From £10-25m.

A fullback maybe, since Enrique apparently isn't reliable. Cissokho's been linked. Around £5m.

A CB like Papadopoulos for £12-15m.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Eriksen/Bernard could be possible for AM. They'd cost under/around £20m.

A fullback maybe, since Enrique apparently isn't reliable. Cissokho's been linked. Around £5m.

Thumbs up
all that by selling suarez to anyone except arsenal.
not sure about the striker line up though, a wide forward will be better.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:47 pm

REWB wrote:no way oxlade is going to play in the middle, doesn't have the vision or passing execution.. better for him to just say out wide.
I agree with you. I think Ox's future is out wide.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Eriksen/Bernard could be possible for AM. They'd cost under/around £20m.

just my personal opinion, but i think we've opted to hold onto skrtel rather than overpay for papa or alderweireld... br's quotes sound like we're not pursuing a cb anymore, just an am/lb/possible suarez replacement if needed.

as for the suarez replacements you listed, none of them fit br's preferred style of play particularly well, and all of them would displace sturridge from his optimal (and preferred) position up top. it would be a major step backwards for the club, not just in terms of talent from suarez to any of those, but also in terms of strategy and the morale of one of our best young players (based on his six month form). this is what we're talking about when we say we don't see viable replacements out there - it's not that 50m can't buy you a lot, it's that there's no one available at almost any price that would fit our playing style right now, let alone someone capable of replacing (or almost replacing) suarez's level of skill. suarez is worth more to us right now than the 50m would be, which is why the club has said they need both an over-the-top bid AND a transfer request.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Look my personal preference is to sign Eriksen before we let Suarez leave. Once you got Eriksen in the bag and Suarez still wants to leave, then get the 50m and spend it ALL on 2 really good, potentially great players (Lamela/Draxler/Shaqiri and Muriel)

Sturridge/Muriel
Coutinho - Eriksen - Lamela*

*Draxler/Shaqiri/etc

However this is a pipe dream and it will never happen.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Assuming those guys want to come to Liverpool... which most won't because of lack of Europe. Those targets are unrealistic since they have better situations at their current club other than Muriel perhaps.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next