Swanhends
EL Patron
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
15 posters

Go down

Inter sack Stramaccioni Empty Inter sack Stramaccioni

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 24, 2013 4:36 pm

The Serie A giants have parted company with their young coach after a disappointing ninth place finish in a season that fell well below expectations
Inter have sacked coach Andrea Stramaccioni after just 14 months in charge.

Sporting director Marco Branca broke the news to the 37-year-old via a telephone call yesterday, following the Nerazzurri's disappointing ninth-place finish in a campaign that included 16 league defeats.

Stramaccioni, who was hired in March 2012 following the departure of Claudio Ranieri, was contracted at the Giuseppe Meazza until the summer of 2015 and both parties are currently locked in negotiations to determine the value of the severance package.

The former Inter Primavera boss earned his reputation by guiding the youth side to victory in the 2012 NextGen series, defeating Ajax in the final and, following Ranieri's departure, was appointed first-team coach by Massimo Moratti last summer on a permanent basis.

However, the club's lowly league position and lack of European football next term have contributed to his exit just 12 months into his three-year contract.

Walter Mazzarri, who earlier in the week confirmed that he is leaving Napoli after guiding them to second in Serie A, is among the frontrunners to replace Stramaccioni.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Inter sack Stramaccioni Empty Re: Inter sack Stramaccioni

Post by Lex Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Sporting director Marco Branca broke the news to the 37-year-old via a telephone call yesterday
Via reverse charge call as well, no doubt
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri May 24, 2013 4:52 pm

a bit harsh Sad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm

:facepalm: sigh

bet he takes charge of a mid-table club and haunts us for years
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Sad He was a stud. No more honor and grace
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri May 24, 2013 5:07 pm

I quite liked Stramaccioni, I think I'm one of the few Inter fans that can say that...
When we had MOST of our players we were in a very good position, some people even thought we would beat Juventus to the scudetto.
Disaster struck. I'm not sure who was responsible for the loaning out of key players and sales and such, but if that was a responsibility of Stramaccioni I blame him in that aspect as we should've kept the likes of Livaja and Longo and never got Rocchi.

ROCCHI did a fantastic job given the circumstances but in no way should any team above mid-table be reliant on such one striker.

Stramaccioni did a fantastic job especially in comparison to the lousy coaches we had before, i think he deserved more time. It's going to hurt if we keep switching coaches, we need to settle on one ffs and let them have a bit of time.I quite liked Stramaccioni, I think I'm one of the few Inter fans that can say that...
When we had MOST of our players we were in a very good position, some people even thought we would beat Juventus to the scudetto.
Disaster struck. I'm not sure who was responsible for the loaning out of key players and sales and such, but if that was a responsibility of Stramaccioni I blame him in that aspect as we should've kept the likes of Livaja and Longo and never got Rocchi.

ROCCHI did a fantastic job given the circumstances but in no way should any team above mid-table be reliant on such one striker.

Stramaccioni did a fantastic job especially in comparison to the lousy coaches we had before, i think he deserved more time. It's going to hurt if we keep switching coaches, we need to settle on one ffs and let them have a bit of time.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri May 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Inter shooting themselves in the foot. Strama is a good coach, but was very unlucky with injuries. I agree with zarola he deserved more time.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 24, 2013 7:28 pm

He changed formation on a weekly basis, had over a year to develop the team into something that resembled an idea but failed. I don't see how anyone can say he didn't get a chance or that he deserved to stay on for longer. Mazzari is a good coach and a superior replacement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri May 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm sad about this, i liked his tactics and felt he was capable. He also knew the primavera players inside and out.

Mazzarri better bring results.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 pm

FC INTERNAZIONALE CLUB STATEMENT
Walter Mazzarri is the new coach of Inter. The club thanks Andrea Stramaccioni for his efforts

MILAN - FC Internazionale would like to announce that the club has appointed Walter Mazzarri as the new head coach. FC Internazionale would like to thank Andrea Stramaccioni for the great commitment and professionalism he showed in a particularly difficult year. Walter Mazzarri has signed a two-year deal.

http://www.inter.it/en/news/42915
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He changed formation on a weekly basis, had over a year to develop the team into something that resembled an idea but failed. I don't see how anyone can say he didn't get a chance or that he deserved to stay on for longer. Mazzari is a good coach and a superior replacement.

Our season was fine until March, we were still competing for the CL up until that point... then everything went into the shitter because everyone was injured - nothing he could do about that

When Milito, Cassano, and Palacio are all injured and you are forced to play with Tomasso Rocchi or a bunch of midfielders as your strikers, you can't expect sunshine and lollipops

Towards the end of the season we were starting Alvarez-Guarin as our strike pair because we had no one else

Management deserves the blame for this disaster of a season, not Strammacioni...and Im not even a huge fan of his

Last edited by Swanhends on Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Casciavit wrote:
FC INTERNAZIONALE CLUB STATEMENT
Walter Mazzarri is the new coach of Inter. The club thanks Andrea Stramaccioni for his efforts

MILAN - FC Internazionale would like to announce that the club has appointed Walter Mazzarri as the new head coach. FC Internazionale would like to thank Andrea Stramaccioni for the great commitment and professionalism he showed in a particularly difficult year. Walter Mazzarri has signed a two-year deal.

http://www.inter.it/en/news/42915

:facepalm:

Mazzarri is a mehhh manager who got lucky and caught the Cavani train
Even worse he's annoying, always whining and throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines over every little thing

Oh well, Pazza Inter and dat - now that he's got the job he's got my begrudging support
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Another reason to hate dislike Inter, I kinda rate Mazzarri but he is the greatest whiner of all time..

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri May 24, 2013 8:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He changed formation on a weekly basis, had over a year to develop the team into something that resembled an idea but failed. I don't see how anyone can say he didn't get a chance or that he deserved to stay on for longer. Mazzari is a good coach and a superior replacement.

Well he never had a stable line up of players to begin with, every time we adapt a formation key players get injured and we had to switch to something else. It's really hard to stick to 343 when 1 or 2 CBs are available..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Strama was unlucky on the injury front but without me trying to troll in even the slightest, almost every time I watched Inter they didn't look to have a clue what to do on the ball if their name wasn't Cassano. It was actually hard to watch, even as a fan of the big rivals.

The coach has to take blame for that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Massimo Moratti: "I personally chose Mazzarri for Inter. We will sit down together and talk about possible transfers."
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

This guy moans more than juventinis moan about their "31" scudetti. :facepalm:
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 pm

brace yourselves for the moaning episodes about lack of signings next season
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Before praising this guy, remember he's the one that let Coutinho leave and signed a prehistoric dinosaur instead.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Strama was unlucky on the injury front but without me trying to troll in even the slightest, almost every time I watched Inter they didn't look to have a clue what to do on the ball if their name wasn't Cassano. It was actually hard to watch, even as a fan of the big rivals.

The coach has to take blame for that.
Well I think that has more to do with the fact that the team only has 2 players capable of being creative: Cassano and Ricky, both of which were injured often.
danyjr wrote:Before praising this guy, remember he's the one that let Coutinho leave and signed a prehistoric dinosaur instead.
I think that has more to do with Branca to be honest
Swanhends wrote:Our season was fine until March, we were still competing for the CL up until that point... then everything went into the shitter because everyone was injured - nothing he could do about that

When Milito, Cassano, and Palacio are all injured and you are forced to play with Tomasso Rocchi or a bunch of midfielders as your strikers, you can't expect sunshine and lollipops

Towards the end of the season we were starting Alvarez-Guarin as our strike pair because we had no one else

Management deserves the blame for this disaster of a season, not Strammacioni...and Im not even a huge fan of his
Even when you were fit and in 2nd place you lost points often vs teams you really shouldn't have.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Nah I get that, but i'm not even talking strictly about creativity.

The simplest of passes were ignored and people seemed to be all over the place.

That's just bad management, the club looked clueless as a team, nevermind the fact a majortiy of them were clueless as individuals.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat May 25, 2013 12:05 am

@bc true, but the important part of that sentence is that we WERE in second, even with dropping some points

Hes very young and very raw and he made his share of mistakes this year, but all things considered I dont consider him at fault for this year
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down