Art Morte
RedOranje
24 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Ideal Team - Page 4 Empty Re: Ideal Team

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 am

Gerrard in the B team? Laughing

He had ONE poor game, and that was because A) we were playing CBs in fullback positions and B) there was NO movement in the final third so he couldn't exactly pass it forward. Some of you have to get off RAWK.

And Skrtel doesn't even make the B team and Ilori gets the nod over him... what?

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 am

something-red wrote:Gerrard in the B team? Laughing

He had ONE poor game, and that was because A) we were playing CBs in fullback positions and B) there was NO movement in the final third so he couldn't exactly pass it forward. Some of you have to get off RAWK.

And Skrtel doesn't even make the B team and Ilori gets the nod over him... what?
Gerrard has been poor for 2 & half years, it hard for fans to see liverpool legend for what they are now than what they were in the past,

we need more on from Gerrard if what get back to the top.
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 am

vegfootball wrote:

Gerrard has been poor for 2 & half years, it hard for fans to see liverpool legend for what they are now than what they were in the past,we need more on from Gerrard if what get back to the top

Skrtel & Agger are past as well, Wisdom hope will go out on loan but him Sakho/Touré are all about power pace & ok on the ball, Ilori in time will all so have the power to go with the pace
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 pm

miss out on one of James McCarthy/Leroy Fer/Kevin Strootman/Victor Wanyama/Christian Eriksen hurt us
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 pm

vegfootball wrote:can not renumber the Stoke City game from last year but the Southampton game you did just like match of the day pick Lucas has the player in wrong for that goal but if watch the match back again

Gerrard had lost the ball & did not run back into position what meant Lucas had to come out of position to cover  Gerrard what end up Lucas doing a 2 man job,

& that was the story a lot last year Gerrard let runner go past him & keep away possession,

now if had a player next to Lucas doing his job as central midfielder, we would not have runners going past  Lucas nor  Lucas been out of position
It's got nothing to do with watching Match of the Day. I hardly watch it anymore anyway.

You just don't get this, you're saying we lose possession so Lucas had to come out of position? That makes no sense. Why would he abandon position just after we lost the ball? If anything he should be getting back into position. You're talking complete rubbish.

And you're blaming Gerrard for Lucas not being able to jockey, tackle or track runners? That literally makes no sense. EVERY player gives the ball away, all teams will have times when their DM is under pressure, but that doesn't make it okay for a DM to be awful at his own job.

You're clutching at straws, how come Lucas gets so many more excuses than other players?
"He's coming back from injury" - Nearly a year ago. We shouldn't be carrying a player for so long.
"He just needs a pre-season" - He's had one now and still no improvement.
"He's getting back to his best" - He's still making the same mistakes time and time again.

I'm sick of the excuses that this man gets, despite the fact that he's done literally nothing to warrant them. He's had a few good months of form over 7 years yet he's somehow immune to criticism these days?
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 pm

El Jefe wrote:
vegfootball wrote:can not renumber the Stoke City game from last year but the Southampton game you did just like match of the day pick Lucas has the player in wrong for that goal but if watch the match back again

Gerrard had lost the ball & did not run back into position what meant Lucas had to come out of position to cover  Gerrard what end up Lucas doing a 2 man job,

& that was the story a lot last year Gerrard let runner go past him & keep away possession,

now if had a player next to Lucas doing his job as central midfielder, we would not have runners going past  Lucas nor  Lucas been out of position
It's got nothing to do with watching Match of the Day. I hardly watch it anymore anyway.

You just don't get this, you're saying we lose possession so Lucas had to come out of position? That makes no sense. Why would he abandon position just after we lost the ball? If anything he should be getting back into position. You're talking complete rubbish.

And you're blaming Gerrard for Lucas not being able to jockey, tackle or track runners? That literally makes no sense. EVERY player gives the ball away, all teams will have times when their DM is under pressure, but that doesn't make it okay for a DM to be awful at his own job.

You're clutching at straws, how come Lucas gets so many more excuses than other players?
"He's coming back from injury" - Nearly a year ago. We shouldn't be carrying a player for so long.
"He just needs a pre-season" - He's had one now and still no improvement.
"He's getting back to his best" - He's still making the same mistakes time and time again.

I'm sick of the excuses that this man gets, despite the fact that he's done literally nothing to warrant them. He's had a few good months of form over 7 years yet he's somehow immune to criticism these days?
ok i don't know if know any thing about football he goes,

last season Rodgers played with 1 deep midfielder sit in font of back 4 then 1 or 2 midfielder in front of deep midfielder, most of the season Gerrard was the one play in front of Lucas or Allen,

now the possession game & the type of pass Rodgers want does not fit Gerrard style, he was lose to much possession in the forward position & the fact he was let runners go past him, what level to many gaps & the shape of team was not right

meant that deep midfielder had to do 2 things, ( 1) come out position to stop the danger what then level more gaps (2) stay in position & face 2 or 3 runners,

now deep midfielder had in front of players who stay with the runners i.e like Mascherano/Hamann/Sissoko then deep midfielder i.e like Alonso/Allen/Lucas would not be pull out of position , & it would help stop goals
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:16 am

vegfootball wrote:
vegfootball wrote:

Gerrard has been poor for 2 & half years, it hard for fans to see liverpool legend for what they are now than what they were in the past,we need more on from Gerrard if what get back to the top

Skrtel & Agger are past as well, Wisdom hope will go out on loan but him  Sakho/Touré are all about power pace & ok on the ball,  Ilori in time will all so have the power to go with the pace
Gerrard was our best midfielder in the team, arguably the best in the league last season, and he was playing in the same position as he is now. Saying he's not a deep lying playmaker and he can't play that role is false, get off RAWK.

Skrtel is arguably our best defender right now.
Agger has not been himself in the last 18 months, but he is pretty good as well. He can be a lot better than he is now, which is what frustrates me. I'm hoping this is bad form and him not turning into a "Reina" where he just lost his quality due to a lack of competition.

Ilori needs to get loaned out or he's going to be the next victim just like Coates. We spent 14m on both Coates and Ilori... I wonder how much game time they're going to get in the future. I mean, Coates is as good as gone after January.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:39 am

something-red wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
vegfootball wrote:

Skrtel & Agger are past as well, Wisdom hope will go out on loan but him  Sakho/Touré are all about power pace & ok on the ball,  Ilori in time will all so have the power to go with the pace
Gerrard was our best midfielder in the team, arguably the best in the league last season, and he was playing in the same position as he is now. Saying he's not a deep lying playmaker and he can't play that role is false, get off RAWK.

Skrtel is arguably our best defender right now.
Agger has not been himself in the last 18 months, but he is pretty good as well. He can be a lot better than he is now, which is what frustrates me. I'm hoping this is bad form and him not turning into a "Reina" where he just lost his quality due to a lack of competition.

Ilori needs to get loaned out or he's going to be the next victim just like Coates. We spent 14m on both Coates and Ilori... I wonder how much game time they're going to get in the future. I mean, Coates is as good as gone after January.
people are blind with Steven Gerrard it was with the same Jamie Carragher, people think Gerrard as the player of 2008-2009 season not the player who been injured for 4 years, lost what made him as a player raw power, athleticism, energy, thunderbolt shooting, all action,

Rodgers 1st came here play with a 1 & 2 in central midfield, Gerrard was one of two

IMO he was poor until Novemer but then mostly strong from December onwards as we went with 2 & 1 set up in central midfield, as Gerrard keep give away possession

Gerrard pass is all about fast balls, try kill ball even if not on, all action passing, what work when you have players do all the hard work get the ball back when Gerrard loss possession,

we play more slow spain type of pass were work the ball very slow then when need add the pace when time is right, Gerrard find that hard to get his head around that,

as for been are best Gerrard been the best Midfielder last year it hard to say that, as per game started chances created Henderson was top then Coutinho are best passing accuracy was Allen, are best tackles % won was Lucas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for i said Tiago Ilori is not same type of play like Sebastián Coates, Ilori fit the way Rodgers what he centre back's big power, athleticism, good the ball i.e Touré/Sakho/Wisdom given a year we have both Ilori & Wisdom as 3nd & 4th pick

Škrtel is a type of player who has run of good games then look so bad,

Agger good player but has only get around 28 games out him because he keep get injured
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:25 pm

"as for been are best Gerrard been the best Midfielder last year it hard to say that, as per game started chances created Henderson was top then Coutinho are best passing accuracy was Allen, are best tackles % won was Lucas"

There's more to football than stats. Anyone with a brain could have told you Gerrard was better than Lucas last year. Allen was good for a couple of months but then dropped off. Coutinho played what, 15 games? No way you can say he was the best in that period of time. Henderson was shifted around too much and Lucas was awful.

El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:08 pm

At the risk of bringing up old arguments that don't even really belong in this topic, mid-season bump.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:40 pm

We're obviously not going to be signing too many players this window so for the sake of being realistic I won't change too much for my ideal team (like the fullback positions which I think both need improvements or an improvement on RCB).

But basically hoping by the end of the window for the team to look something like one of these

Option 1. Buy Salah and Rakitic

Mignolet
Johnson* - Sakho - Agger - Enrique*
Gerrard*
Hendo - Rakitic - Coutinho
Sturridge - Suarez
Bench: Salah, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Kelly

*Could put Flanno instead of either Glen or Jose. And Lucas instead of Gerrard.

Option 2. Buy Pato and Reges

Mignolet
Johnson - Sakho - Agger - Enrique
Reges - Hendo*
---------------- Coutinho
Pato - Suarez --------
Sturridge
Bench: Allen, Gerrard, Sterling, Lucas, Skrtel, Kelly

*Could put Gerrard for Hendo

Option 3. Buy Jorginho and Pjanic/Strootman

Mignolet
Gerrard*
Jorginho - Stro/Pjan
Sturrdige - Suarez - Coutinho
Bench: Lucas, Hendo, Allen, Sterling, Skrtel, Kelly

*Lucas/Allen instead of Gerrard

Option 4. Buy Lavezzi and M'Vila

Mignolet
M'Vila - Hendo*
Coutinho
Sturrdige - Suarez - Lavezzi
Bench: Skrtel, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Kelly

*Gerrard/Allen/Lucas for Hendo.

Really we could go for different variations of players I listed. Pjanic and Strootman are probably a stretch and I doubt Roma would let either of them leave but with Nainggolan there might be some hope. I didn't include Witsel, Matic or Mata because they are pretty much out of our price range and a bit unrealistic. Lavezzi would be a fantastic option who isn't getting much game time at PSG. My personal favorite would getting Pato for the rumored 7-10m. The upside to that deal is huuuuuge. Rakitic and Jorginho have been linked with us and both would improve us and I can't say I wouldn't gladly take either.

In all honesty the only likely scenario from above is if we get Salah and possibly Reges for dirt cheap since his contract is expiring.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Of Roma's midfielders, Strootman is about as likely to be available as De Rossi... Pjanic I don't really know about but Bradley and Marquinhos seem to be the most likely to be available.

That said, this is the "Ideal" thread so a bit of dreaming isn't necessarily a bad thing...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:13 am

Only option 1 looks realistic to me, tactically and transfers-wise. Get one out of Reges, Jorginho and Rakitic this window and that is good enough for me.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 am

Financially actually Option 2 would probably be the cheapest. Fernando Reges only has 6 months left in his contract so he'd cost dirt cheap and I'm talking about a fee of possibly even less that 5m. Pato is being rumored at under 10m euros which in pounds is somewhere around 8m. Everyone knows of his potential as he has showcased it at the highest level in CL against the best of the best. His injury problems seem to be behind him. All he needs is a way out of Brazil's poverty league. He could be another Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho situation. Teenage wonderkid who is at the lowest period of his career.

This option makes us very strong imo. Probably is my personal favorite option.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 am

Not a huge fan of Pato, personally. He's just got too many injuries to be anything other than a gamble, especially in the PL where physicality is hugely important. We're already something of a light-weight team (especially up front) and Pato would only add to that issue as well... and I'm not sure he's got the stomach to fight through it as Suarez and Sterling have done.

I would like another body for midfield though, and Fernando seems the most viable option there. I don't rate Rakitic nearly as highly as most of you do, apparently, and I'm no fan of the idea of Gerrard being the holding midfielder, except against the weakest sides at Anfield.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:57 am

I know VERY few players, so I wont name any.

1. A cover for Lucas or who will even make Lucas #2 is very, VERY urgent.

2. When we play Suarez & Sturridge, we lack width on the right and an upgrade for Johnson (it's actually time we think about replacing him) will be needed.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:38 pm

---------Mignolet---------
Beck-Agger-Shako-Enrique
-----Fernando---Raul-----
Rosicky--Suarez--Coutinho
--------Sturridge---------

I actually thought about Sanga, but a double swoop on Arsenal would be mean :whistle: 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Are you talking about Raul Garcia?

He's not nearly good enough to displace Hendo or Gerrard. Plus there' no way we'll be making so many changes. Even 2 new players will be surprising tbh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:17 pm

McAgger wrote:Are you talking about Raul Garcia?

He's not nearly good enough to displace Hendo or Gerrard. Plus there' no way we'll be making so many changes. Even 2 new players will be surprising tbh.

Hey, hey, HEY. Wait a minute...RO said I have license to dream.

About Raul Garcia, well I don't watch him regularly. The few times I watched, looked pretty cool.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah you may do as you please with your team, keep forgetting it's the ideal thread Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:16 am

Throw everything at Napoli and get Marek Hamsik in.

EDIT: No point double posting. So I'll post this here.

IF we get CL, I'd like to see 3 players come into the summer. Probably have quite a bit of a net spend, but if we make CL it'll be worth it.

In: (I feel we just need to upgrade the midfield. We're stacked up forward, and quite a bit in defence too. We have a lot of full backs, unfortunately for us right now, 3 of them are out injured and 1 out is out on loan.)

-Schneiderlin (I feel Lucas career might come to an end if he's done another ACL. Think he'll be rotated when he returns from injury, rather than be guaranteed first team.)
-Marek Hamsik (if available; rumours out that he might be. would be BOSS, I'd make us title challengers if we can get him in, and Luis stays at the club)
-Borini to come back from loan.
-Suso to come back from loan.
-Wisdom to come back from loan.

Out:
-Cissokho (loan expiree)
-Moses (loan expiree)
-Coates (sell him, which is a shame, he definitely has potential but won't make it under Rodgers)
-Reina (get him off wage bill, his time at the club has ended)
-I'd possibly loan out Ilori, Luis Alberto and Ibe. (Definitely more from the reserves, but those seem to be the ones around the first team)

Undecided:
-Assaidi. If we get Salah, I guess we don't need him. Would prefer to sell him outside the PL though. Definitely has class.

Net spend would probably be around 30-40m. Hamsik might go for around 25, Schnei for around 10-15 if there's an exodus at Southampton. Hopefully we get a decent fee for Reina...

This would mean we have DEPTH ALL AROUND THE SQUAD, and we'll bring in that much needed quality in midfield.

Wouldn't mind us bringing in Will Hughes, but only if it doesn't affect other targets.

Reasoning to spend big:
Well for starters, I want to win the league.
Secondly, we need to make sure we stay in the top 4 next season if we get in there. No point getting in, and then falling out the season after.
Lastly, Hamsik's quality.  smoking

If we don't make CL, well *bleep*, we're in trouble. Suarez leaves and then we'll struggle to replace him. Even with a 70m+ budget.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 am

Didn't know where to post this as there's no summer 2014 transfer thread, but Isco is unsettled/unhappy about the lack of game time at Madrid. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:28 am

Meh don't need Isco with the way our formation is. Madrid are playing very similarly with their midfield 3 and it doesn't suit him over there, so no reason it would suit him here. Rather use the 25-30m he'll cost on someone who'll be of use.

Pjanic or Strootman on the other hand Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:37 am

Certain Pjanic has came out and stated he's only leaving Roma if he was to go back to France (and only PSG)...

We don't need Strootman, already have Hendo.

Isco on the other hand will be our number 10. Proud

EDIT: Still want Hamsik >>>>> all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 am

If we play with the same formation then there's no need for Isco or an AM for that matter. We need a creative CM and Pjanic is my favorite choice. Obviously getting him would be a whole other headache.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Within the realm of reality I'd like to see a few additions this summer:

Ivan Rakitic (fantastic player, has been linked to Liverpool already and could ease into replacing Gerrard as he ages)

Daley Blind (a bit homerish, but someone that could take over an excel as a holding midfielder and is amazing in this role -- he's also versatile and can play as a fullback if necessary)

Georginio Wijnaldum (how many times have we been linked with this guy? can they please bring him over at some point what a fantastic player with great ball skills and pace...)

I would be very happy with just these moves. I believe we are already title challengers with our current team, but these additions would put us over the top.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next