So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid?

+28
Pedram
Mack10
VivaStPauli
Abramovich
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kamikaze692
Eivindo
Harmonica
Mamad
timzink
Kaladin
rwo power
Onyx
FennecFox7
Omniscient
paddy
futbol
REWB
julias
Valkyrja
juventus101
Lex
Swanhends
Berbatov
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid? - Page 4 Empty Re: So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid?

Post by VivaStPauli Tue 30 Apr 2013 - 17:07

That quote gave me cancer.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid? - Page 4 Empty Re: So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid?

Post by Abramovich Tue 30 Apr 2013 - 22:43

Dead and buried now, no disputing this.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon 6 May 2013 - 11:51

Harry Redknapp wrote:
tony_pulis wrote:There is a no way Dortmund are better than Madrid. Those 3 games mean nothing. United couldn't beat spurs this season, does that mean spurs better? no. Madrid would beat dortmund 7 times out of 10, dortmund are just lucky they played madrid the 3 times they wouldn't beat them.

There are many reasons why madrid didn't win as they should've and why dortmund did. Don't get me wrong dortmund are a good team but they're not on madrids level. madrid have more quality, the better players, the better team and if they play their game they will win comfortably against dortmund. the only player from dortmunds team that would start for madrid is maybe hummels. i mean look at dortmunds players compared to madrids. if dortmunds were so good how come they slipped past all the richer clubs and end up at dortmund.

Dortmund are lucky marcelo has been injured every time madrid have faced them. Marcelo would have given the extra firepower in the attack and combines well with cristiano. this combination is lethal to almost all of madrids opponents.

madrid were also out of form in the first half of the season and suffered from many injuries. those are the main factors why they lost to dortmund along with some bad tactics from jose. madrid was dropping points to lower tier la liga teams. if dortmund could only beat them 2-1 at that stage of the season, it shows just how average of a side dortmund really are. also madrid were better in both games but were not clinical. they dominated possession both games and created enough chances to win, but some poor finishing cost themselves. especially the 2nd half of the home game where madrid should've won 4-0 in the half alone if it weren't desperate defending from dortmund.

the 4-1 hammering from dortmund does not reflect the quality of the two teams. madrid are in better form at this stage of the season, however they went in with the wrong mentality and also had an off day. they underestimated dortmund who i admit are good, but with the right mindset madrid wouldn't have struggled so much. they took them too lightly. also jose had bad tactics again, even worse than the group stages. other reasons include the pressing wasn't good enough, madrid didn't play at their usual intensity, ozil played out of position and is much more effective in the middle which is his usual position. alonso and khedira had the biggest off days in their careers. marcelo and arbeloa were out and di maria didn't start because he was distracted from his first born child. if they started the scoreline would have been different in madrids favor most likely. ramos is not used to playing right back anymore, varane inexperienced, pepe coming back from and still carrying an injury, kaka not starting and cassilas still out in favor because of lopez. these are some other factors for the losses.

on the other hand dortmund had their strongest squad playing and were more motivated than madrid. each dortmund player probably put in the game of their lives, especially lewandowski and gundogan. that's what you need to beat this madrid team. however performances like this are rare. klopp's tactics were spot on which is odd winning that battle against jose but that wouldn't happen usually.

madrid at their best is what they did do barca in the copa. if they played like this there would be no doubt they would beat this dortmund team 5-0. cristiano and co on form is just too good for them.

all these little factors have cost madrid some what would be some very routine victories for them. they will be kicking themselves because they know they could've easily not been in this position if they got some of the basics right. the 4-1 deficit will be hard to overcome even for a team of madrids quality. but if theres one team who can do it, it's madrid. i expect them to definitely win the 2nd leg. however it is hard to tell if they can get a win by 3 goals or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. they just have to make sure they play to their potential. i'm sorry some of these claims are ridiculous to think that dortmund are better than madrid. look how far off they are in their league and madrids league win last year was far more impressive with all the records they set. i mean dortmund struggled against malaga and were lucky to get past them. they would only be top 4 contenders in la liga. fairy tale runs like this happen all the time. madrid have 3 semi finals in recent years. i doubt dortmund would reach that sort of consistency. i mean last year they were dead last in the group stages. Smile

you need to get laid TMO

rofl

By the way, there is nothing to agree with about Dortmund and Real Madrid comparison. It's a fact.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4