Gil
Mr Nick09
IzzyC08
Blue
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc

Post by Ali Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Pastore would be actually the only player for player guy on the market right now able to fill his shoes. Course, Wenger's never burning 30m. Or maybe Hamsik.

Hamsik wont replace him, but def do a good job nonetheless, passings not the same, but shooting is better, hes faster and more mobile
Yeah, I'm talking about players in the same class. Obviously there's no poor man's Fabregas or anything, sadly. Although we have rich man's Fabregas, in Ramsey Afro.

Mole wrote:I take it you haven't seen this lol?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11860_7015290,00.html
I know Very Happy But hypothetical scenario, no? :coffee:

really?Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc - Page 2 20110128203738!Trollface

Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc - Page 2 Gun__1261992148_5
Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc - Page 2 Arteta

no poor man? Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc - Page 2 20110128203738!Trollface

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical Situation: Arsenal sell Nasri and Cesc

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Ahh, Arteta. Forgot all about him. He'd be decent although since he's still in the PL that means 10m more Sad He's going to 30, too. He could be used for a few years while Ramsey grows, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Forget Benzema...
Rather get Vela back and have him f*** sh** up.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 pm

----------------Woj

Sagna---Verm----Kos/JD/new cb----Gibbs

------------Song---------Wilshire

Gerv./Theo-----Ramsey-------Mata

------------------RvP

I'm pretty confident that this is what it will be. Not happy with Gibbs starting at LB but wenger's gonna do it. And there's a chance we'll have cesc but he's as good as gone to me.

(waits for everyone to say we wont get Mata....)
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Hazard and Benzema

---------------Song----------Wilshere-----------

Walcott-----------Hazard-------------Benzema

-----------------------RVP--------------------------

Or swap Benz with RVP
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Blue wrote:are they getting Benzema?

I said "Hypothetical situation" iam asking what you would do if Arsenal sell Cesc and Nasri "NOT WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN"

Thumbs up

@ Nick

flat 4-4-2 is'nt going to work you of all people should know this.

a couple of years ago it worked
when arsenal used to play with
Walcott---Flamini-Cesc----Hleb
----------RVP----Eduardo-----
they were on course for the league until Eduardo got his leg snapped
it could work especially since both Song and Wilshere are extremely hardworking players
with Gervinho and maybe adding another striker it would work extremely well

One thing Hleb played on right and Rosicky played on the left, Walcott was a squad player at that time.

Also it was a different 4-4-2 it was'nt as flat as appeared as Hleb and Rosicky played extremely narrow which made it into more of a diamond 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2.

I am not saying that would'nt work but a flat 4-4-2 with two cm's and two wingers will not work anymore.
sorry i meant Rosicky played on the right but i honesstly believe that the 4-4-2 can be just as useful
the only this it does is it leaves a huge hole between midfield and attack but a player like Wilshere who along with being able to win the ball back can also link up play in attack and if the second striker is a small tricky kinda player then it could really be a perfect link up
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Gil wrote:Song is terrible.

Wow, talk about being clueless
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 pm

dmize wrote:
Gil wrote:Song is terrible.

Wow, talk about being clueless

exactly. can someone remind everyone what our team's record was without Song in the lineup this past season?

Thank you in advance. : D
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Arsenal fans that think Song is actually a good DM is exactly why they won't be winning anything anytime soon.

He could potentially be a good box to box CM but a DM he is not.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 pm

WHAT! SONG is a BEAST!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Gonna have to disagree, I don't think song is WC by any means but he's pretty good.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 pm

He is turning into one of the top DMs. last year he was able to add the attacking dimension to his game while covering our defense very well. Watch out for this guy.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:47 pm

really guys, just go ahead and tell em our record without song in the lineup last season.....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 pm

lenear1030 wrote:really guys, just go ahead and tell em our record without song in the lineup last season.....

Well your record with Song isn't exactly that good either.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:53 pm

english_jewel wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:really guys, just go ahead and tell em our record without song in the lineup last season.....

Well your record with Song isn't exactly that good either.
Only this season, and when he was tired, off form, and decides he's an AM.

If you watched a few Arsenal games you'd know how important he is to the whole team. He's pretty much the few guys with balls and grit.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:12 am

LOL at Song being a good DM. He scored a fair amount of goals this season I'll give you that but who gives a toss about how good a DM is going forward?

Trying to play forward passes when they aren't on and giving the ball away at will & should not be praised. He completed less than 80 percent of his passes last season ffs, that's criminal for a DM. He loses a ton of challenges, he's a liability on the ball and he's piss poor in the air. I'd even argue the fact that he scored so many goals last season proves why he's a liability for your team.

Him being big and black doesn't change that lads.

The best DM's in the World Busquets, Cambiasso, Mascherano, De Jong, Essien (on form) etc aren't renowned for their play going forward for a reason. Their in the team to recycle possession, not give the ball away, speed up play, win their fair share of tackles/headers and keep their discipline to prevent their teams from getting raped on the counter.

Prime of example of this is how Barcelona have ridiculously improved overall ever since they got rid of Yaya and replaced him with Busquets.

I think he could be a very good box to box CM as I said earlier but I personally don't rate him as a Defensive Midfielder.

Just my opinion anyway.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 am

Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Enrique
M'Vila
Ramsey Wilshere
Hazard RVP Benzema

But it would probably cost a lot of money for Arsenal's standard Very Happy

Last edited by Freeza on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 am

Gil wrote:
No, no. That's only this season. I don't know why he's gone on those insane runs, but I agree it has not done the team a drop of good. I wager it's due to Vermaelen's abscence, since he pushed up a lot and had a good shot and pass. Song's not as good, so he's been filling that role this season, of course with limited results.

Once Vermaelen's back I'm sure he'll stick to the rear as he usually does. Hell, he was even played as CB a few times and did nicely.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum