Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Wenger: "I always see my contracts out & I am already planning for next season (at #Arsenal) - we will be a lot closer to Utd next season"

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Thu May 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Wenger: "I always see my contracts out & I am already planning for next season (at #Arsenal) - we will be a lot closer to Utd next season"

GRRR! We need to be ahead of them, not just closer!! Arsene FFS!! The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 2276801876

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu May 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Twenty points ahead is closer than twenty-one points behind :coffee:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 02, 2013 2:52 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Twenty points ahead is closer than twenty-one points behind :coffee:.

DAT OPTIMISM :bow:

Fergie retiring with Ferdinand, Giggs and Scholes? Vidic and Rooney sold? What did I miss? :fishing:

Last edited by srigooner on Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 2:53 pm

This is the Arsenal mentality to get closer, not win it. Top 4 will be our only trophy until Satan is the owner and Wenger our bank Manager.

I hope next year Wenger stops being a Bank manager and sticks with Arsenal manager. The problem with Wenger is he cares too much and wants to help everyone out.

We need a tough Boss and force the players to do their best every game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 3:08 pm

‏@wengerknowsbest 6h

Are Barcelona suffering this morning from little bit small "Why the hell did we sign Alex Song" niggle? I don't know.

After watching him player yesterday, I would not take him back for free. Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Goal.com

Gonzalo Higuain is set to depart Real Madrid this summer, according to the club's general manager Jose Angel Sanchez.

The Argentina striker was coy to reporters when asked about his future at the club early last month, amid suggestions that president Florentino Perez is unconvinced by his form this season

And Sanchez has now indicated the 25-year-old will be sold to allow room for two further forwards to join Karim Benzema at Santiago Bernabeu.

"In a big club like Real Madrid, it is assumed there is space for two or three high-level No.9s. It was Benzema and Higuain. Higuain will go, Benzema will stay, and two others will arrive," Sanchez was quoted as saying by Le 10 Sport.

Madrid have been linked with a move for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero throughout the current campaign, whilst they continue to be linked with a big-money bid for Tottenham star Gareth Bale, with director of football Zinedine Zidane claiming sides are unlikely to be put off by the Welshman's hefty price-tag.

Higuain has scored 15 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions for los Blancos this season.

smoking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Higuain would be a great signing, but I doubt he would come to us. City, Chelsea and Man u would buy him.

I wonder how much Real wants for him?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Rather Benzema lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 02, 2013 3:26 pm

.... Just saying!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 3:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Rather Benzema lol

Do we have a choice? Laughing

We should buy him now before the drama starts.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu May 02, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Wheres the Higauin > Giroud bandwagon then?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu May 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Right here. :coffee:

Higuain is a great striker and I would prefer him over Jovetic and Villa. Make him the focal point of the attack and he'll thrive.

Seriously, if he's available, we should go for it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Amen. A proven striker at the top level? Yes please.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Right here. :coffee:

Higuain is a great striker and I would prefer him over Jovetic and Villa. Make him the focal point of the attack and he'll thrive.

15 goals from 38 appearances against la liga teams is nothing prolific..
i would prefer someone different from Giroud style who can play anywhere in the front three.. Jovetic/Adrian Lopez/....
i hate seeing Villas name linked to us.. last thing we want is an injury prone 31 yr old on high wages..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu May 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Right here. :coffee:

15 goals from 38 appearances against la liga teams is nothing prolific..
i would prefer someone different from Giroud style who can play anywhere in the front three.. Jovetic/Adrian Lopez/....
i hate seeing Villas name linked to us.. last thing we want is an injury prone 31 yr old on high wages..

105 goals in 187 appearance for Madrid in the league. I think that qualifies him as prolific.

I can understand wanting someone different from Giroud but if a chance to sign Higuain came along I don't think we should pass it up to sign Adrian Lopez instead.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Higuian could thrive at Arsenal. Either of the main RM strikers, should they be attainable, would be preferable even to Jovetic. Fantasy time: Imagine if we could have Higgy, Bon Jovi, and the Handsome French Bloke as our options up top ...

Proud

Here's a general interest link about transfers, if you all haven't seen it and it's not too OT for the thread: http://www.thehardtackle.com/2013/barcelona-financial-myth-debunked-champions-league-top-4-finances/

Includes a little material about AW's old knack for signing, and criticizes Barca's overall transfer polices. An excerpt:

If Barcelona have played with the very same system (or variations of it) for almost a decade, how come other clubs, with their ever changing managers, thus ideas and formations, produce the better statistics?

It goes some way to dispel the notion that not every player is suitable for Barcelona’s football philosophy. The Blaugrana constantly buy the wrong players, at a premium.

Bayern Munich have laid the blueprint for a successful transfer policy; buy the best and proven talent in the domestic league, and add what is not available from abroad.

The Catalan outfit didn’t even try to acquire the likes of Juan Mata and Sergio Agüero. Instead they were allowed to leave Spain and sign for Premier League sides. In their place Barcelona bought either players who weren’t proven in La Liga (Alexis Sanchez), or had no resell value (David Villa). Mata and Agüero were 22 and 23 respectively when they swapped La Liga for the English Premier League.

Mata in particular is an interesting case. Not only is he already familiar with the majority of Barcelona players, due to the Spanish national team, he also had a release clause worth €20 – 24 million prior to joining Chelsea. The same goes for Sergio Agüero, Lionel Messi’s Argentina teammate, who had a €45 million buyout clause written into his contract.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Higuain would be amazing, if he's available we should try to get him indeed!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu May 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Sina wrote:
some terrific finishing there.. especially with the left foot... he has learned new skills and might be a better player for us now than 2 years back..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu May 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Higuain may not have had the best season, but he's incredibly talented and I would flip if we actually signed him. Form is temporary, class is permanent :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Cesc Fabregas reluctant to discuss future at Barcelona
"I do not know what is being said and even what is written," he told Cadena Cope.

"I can only say that I alone know my own future."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8685841/

------------------------

Cesc please come home, we still love you. :bow: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Article-1284664053015-0b340c7c000005dc-952889_636x369
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu May 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Barca to offer Cesc a 20 year, £200k a week contract :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Lex wrote:Barca to offer Cesc a 20 year, £200k a week contract :coffee:

He turned it down for £100k a week 5 years contract at Arsenal. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu May 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Higuain? Sure, I'd defo be up for that.

Basically, any big name, good striker will do!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Arsenal are taking significant steps towards a £10million move for Lyon midfielder Maxime Gonalons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318593/Arsenal-prepares-10m-Maxime-Gonalons-Lyon-midfielder.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 03, 2013 1:13 am

unrealistic? No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next