Tomwin Lannister
Art Morte
Onyx
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PFA Player of the Year - Page 3 Empty Re: PFA Player of the Year

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote: Suarez for me is the only one who has played exceptionally all season.

Cmon man he has had dips in form too, there was a stage where he went 8 games without scoring and two occasions he has gone 4 games without scoring and one of them he is going through at the moment.

He has gone as much dips as RVP has, only difference being is when Suarez goes through a dip he comes back with hatricks Laughing

Bale has been consistently good through out the season for me but only performed at player of the year level for 2 months.

So i would say its between RVP and Suarez but lets not act like Suarez hasn't suffered dips in form like RVP because he has.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:21 am

As much as I think suarez deserves it,I feel that Liverpool being out of the top 4 will make the others edge it
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote: Suarez for me is the only one who has played exceptionally all season.

Cmon man he has had dips in form too, there was a stage where he went 8 games without scoring and two occasions he has gone 4 games without scoring and one of them he is going through at the moment.

He has gone as much dips as RVP has, only difference being is when Suarez goes through a dip he comes back with hatricks Laughing

Bale has been consistently good through out the season for me but only performed at player of the year level for 2 months.

So i would say its between RVP and Suarez but lets not act like Suarez hasn't suffered dips in form like RVP because he has.

Moal i didn't expect this from you. What you are saying in that post is that when you are not scoring goals, you are shit.

You have to realize that when Suarez doesn't score he's still, usually, the best player on the pitch. When RVP was going through his dip, he was truly playing like an average joe.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 am

This award is for league only. Longest Suarez has gone without scoring was 5 games.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am

I understand that Messiah.... but everyone was basing RVP's dip in form on the fact he hadn't scored in 10 games.... you can't have it both ways.

He was still playing well though, as was Suarez during his goal dips. ( well for the most part)

To say RVP was playing like an average joe is rubbish quite frankly and makes me wonder how many Man Utd games you actually watched during his drought (MOTD don't count)

As i said out of the 3, Bale has been the most consistent his level has never gone below great but Suarez and RVP have been at the POTY level a lot longer but both suffered dips.

Just depends which one of the two you prefer, i prefer RVP but there is clear OTT downgrading to make one player look better from some people.

If you say Suarez hasn't gone through dips and just been consistently at this level all season long then you are being quite biased.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 am

Van Pursestrings on April 28. (c ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 am

I think even before his spectacular run of form at the turn of the year, Bale was playing at a level which was player of the year worthy. That might seem a bit odd, but let me explain- I think he was playing well enough to perhaps edge a spot out in a POTY, but not enough to win it.

His game winning performances and spectacular form though is what makes him one of the favorites. He'll certainly win young player of the year. I'm not sure he deserves player of the year but he's in with a shout. For me it hurts me to say it but I think both Suarez and RVP have been consistently better over the course of the season and deserve it more.

Although when Bale on form reached heights no one else in the league has and he was far and away the best player in the league on his own for a good 2 months. Not consistently as good as RVP or Suarez for me though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:24 am

Cant believe people are complaining about Carrick. I mean hav they even seen him this season for man u? He's like a 1 man band in that Midfield. I mean without him that thread-bare midfield will crumble like a twig beneath a herd of elephant.
He's been their most important playr, if somewhat unspectacular, having a greatr impact than the likes of Xabi and Xavi for their teams.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 am

Bale has no business getting nominated for the YPOTY. He's turning 24 in 2 months ffs. U23 rule is just stupid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:04 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Bale has no business getting nominated for the YPOTY. He's turning 24 in 2 months ffs. U23 rule is just stupid.

He's a rough gem mate Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:43 pm

RedOranje wrote:Sterling had a sterling start to the season but faded quickly and hasn't played much at all in this second half of the season as we've brought in attacking reinforcements. He certainly hasn't done enough to earn a place on the list, despite impressing at times.
I definitely agree with you, but the same goes for Welbeck. He hardly played more than 10 mins per game before the second half of the season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 pm

RED wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Carrick? Hazard? Wilshere? Welbeck? wtf

:facepalm:

He has been United's most consistent and best player this season. He thoroughly deserves his spot.
Yep, but I feel Cazorla/Fellaini deserved it more. I might be wrong though.. considering I'm a Liverpool fan I might be having that tinted vision. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
RED wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Carrick? Hazard? Wilshere? Welbeck? wtf

:facepalm:

He has been United's most consistent and best player this season. He thoroughly deserves his spot.
Yep, but I feel Cazorla/Fellaini deserved it more. I might be wrong though.. considering I'm a Liverpool fan I might be having that tinted vision. Laughing
Not more than Carrick. I have been VERY impressed with Carrick's consistency and control in midfield this season. He has been a joy to watch, in spite of the team he plays for.

Now, Fellaini certainly deserves to be on the list over Hazard, but so do Baines, Michu and Vertonghen. Cazorla... I can't decide whether I want to punish him for Wenger playing him out wide, or not. He's simply not as effective out there as he was in the center... I don't understand.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:58 pm

If Suarez wins this I'll bite my arm rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Humble Suarez banning himself for the rest of the season and thus giving the other candidates more chance to impress. Proud
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:13 pm

That bite and the media backlash it will likely get means that Suarez won't be getting it.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

He was never getting the award before the bite and he's never getting it after the bite. Such an idiot :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Him biting Ivanovic shouldn't affect whether he gets the award or not.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Him biting Ivanovic shouldn't affect whether he gets the award or not.

But it will. Bale deserved it more anyway Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:Cant believe people are complaining about Carrick. I mean hav they even seen him this season for man u? He's like a 1 man band in that Midfield. I mean without him that thread-bare midfield will crumble like a twig beneath a herd of elephant.
He's been their most important playr, if somewhat unspectacular, having a greatr impact than the likes of Xabi and Xavi for their teams.

Spot on about Carrick being a "one man band in midfield". Still, there are other more deserving candidates to win the gong.

Suarez has beaten every expectation, and he's been simply impressive if not spectacular. However, the impact of Bale's performances on Tottenham is as good as what Van Persie has managed to do for Manchester United.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Him biting Ivanovic shouldn't affect whether he gets the award or not.

Tbh it should, there is an etiquette involved in these awards too not just performances.

You have to be setting an example, believe it or not how players behave is one of the criteria they are asked to vote on.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah, the media want a player like that to be awarded. :facepalm:

It's all about public image, something bots don't understand.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Kick wrote:

Yeah, the media want a player like that to be awarded. :facepalm:

It's all about public image, something bots don't understand.

Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Is there a criteria guide which shows what can be allowed/can't be allowed in order to win this award?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3