Robben looks older than Pulis tbh Laughing

I'm starting to like Conte a lot.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Cambiasso horror tackle - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambiasso horror tackle

Post by TrezeGent Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am

^ Conte's a boss. A passionate and die-hard Juventino. Only haters would hate him. He gives no one reasons to hate.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 am

Ouch Neutral I don't know how his leg isn't broken.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:11 am

Lex wrote:Can't unsee old man Robben Mad
Old man? That's what Robben will look like at 35
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 am

Serious props to Conte.

Won't defend Cambiasso,what was done is done...He was clearly sorry the moment it happened though.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 am

Conte. :bow:

Bad timed challenged but I don't think it is intentional.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 am

Seems like it was more mis-timed than intentional to me.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:40 am

Cambiasso's pesonality is very calm. He would never intentionally do something like that. He just mistimed
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Horrific tackle, however certainly not intentional even if it was rash, however Cambiasso would definitely not have made such a challenge on purpose, particularly considering the context that the game was still within reach for Inter and Cambiasso is a very professional and intelligent player.

Unfortunate that it panned out as it did, however Cambiasso was immediately remorseful, went back to Giovinco to check on his condition, apologised to the whole Juventus locker room and fortunately the tackle didn't do as much damage as it might have, though it will still probably be a significant layoff.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:17 pm

ynwa wrote:Seems like it was more mis-timed than intentional to me.

Agreed, still a horrible tackle mind and hopefully Giovinco can recover as soon as humanely possible.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:29 pm

when it was the same case with the Newcastle player being hurt, everyone jumped on the guy that made the tackling saying he is stupid, should be banned , he is criminal, animal etc... Now that is Cambiasso who does an intentional criminal tackling, why should we be kind with him?

The tackling was late in the last minute, and even if he would have recover ed the ball, the referee would have wistled the end of the match immediately..
It's unbelivable coming from an experienced player like Cambiasso.. Clearly intentional foul, he had no reason to make the tackling... While everybody blames players like Cassano, Balotelli for their actions at least they are being vocal with the referees and others, they don't make horrible fouls like this...

He has no excuse... He was nervous the all game, he was close to start a fight with pirlo for something insignifficant, the guy is losing his mind??
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Pepe has done similar tackles several times. This doesn't affect me as much as it should.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:18 pm

tuddor wrote:when it was the same case with the Newcastle player being hurt, everyone jumped on the guy that made the tackling saying he is stupid, should be banned , he is criminal, animal etc... Now that is Cambiasso who does an intentional criminal tackling, why should we be kind with him?

This is totally different as in the case with that horror tackle....

It was well above the knee and high and there was no intent to win the ball or think how it could endanger the opponent.

With this it is on the ground and at ankle level where the ball was there to be won.

The two situations are not even close to being comparable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Tuddor are you seriously comparing Balotelli and Cassano to Cambiasso? rofl

And this presumption of clear intent is ridiculous as well. According to transfermarkt this is his first ever red card in a very long career. You would think that earns him the benefit of the doubt.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm

Also another thing Cambiasso has at least apologised....

Mcmanaman has refused to apologise to Haidara and seems to think there is no reason to apologise.

So there is another reason why the 2 incidents should not be compared.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Sebastian Giovinco has flown to Munich with the Juventus squad, but remain in doubt for Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Bayern.

The first leg of the quarter-final will be played in Germany on Tuesday night and the Bianconeri have already flown out on Easter Sunday.

Giovinco was among the group, although he did not take part in this morning’s training session.

As for Giovinco, he was scythed down by a horror tackle from Esteban Cambiasso in stoppages, earning the Inter midfielder a straight red card.

There were fears Giovinco had suffered serious damage to his ankle, but the Atomic Ant is in the squad travelling to Germany and could well be on the bench.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm

Conte: “It’s a shame for Cambiasso, as along with Javier Zanetti and Walter Samuel he is a player I really respect,”

“I have played against them and know how honest and fair they are. Esteban also made a nice gesture by coming into the locker room to apologise after the game.

“These players deserve nothing but praise. Esteban had a reaction that came out of frustration, but he didn’t intend to hurt Giovinco.”

:bow:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:32 pm

at least he apologized, a ban for like 5 to 10 fixtures would be appropriate imo

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm

This bullshit that it wasnt intentional and backing it up with his history with reds is unreal. Anyone who paid attention during the match can see this clealrly.

From the moment Estiban was coming off the bench he looked pumped and aggresive, barking before he'd even gotten onto the pitch ffs. He lost his temper due to his team losing to a bitter rival, Seba about to run down the clock near the corner flag and he simply snapped at Giovinco. The foul was way way way too late and aggresive for him not to hurt Seba. I actually cringed watching it..

Also this nonesense about him apologizing? Whats that about. First off he walked away after the tackle, i dont know if this was because he didnt care at the moment or it was indeed shock of what he'd just done, which would only back me up in saying he lost it for a moment but still.. even after an apology does it make it alright near breaking someones foot?

If that was done in a fight on the street it would be attempted GBH ffs.

I like Cambiasso but he just needs to come out and say he lost it and not hide behind his red-cardless past.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Tuddor are you seriously comparing Balotelli and Cassano to Cambiasso? rofl

And this presumption of clear intent is ridiculous as well. According to transfermarkt this is his first ever red card in a very long career. You would think that earns him the benefit of the doubt.

Mate, the principle of induction works only in maths unfortunately, there's no he did not do it in 1 game, 2 games...500 games so he can't do it in the 501th game.. We're talking about humans, it's in our nature to have moments of failure...

I once met an intelligent guy, lawyer, who spent 12 years in prison for a crime, when i was visiting the city's prison with some friends ... And someone asked him: why?.. "I lost my head for 10 seconds and i destroyed my life... "

Great leader, i don't know if you saw the game's 2nd half... Cambiasso was very nervous from the beginning, he made Cassano look like Magnus Carlsen compared to him..
And there you go, free kick for Juve, the added time was over, someone passes the ball short to giovinco... The referee is about to whistle the end, and there comes Cambiasso with a criminal challenge with no time left, to "recover the ball" ?? ... He had no purpose, everybody knew the time was over, that's why i can't understand him..
I remember in the Milano derby, he was very nervous too, he's not in a good period of his career.

I don't think that he needs to be punished with many games ban, cause the only hard judgement here is the judgement that you gave to yourself, the most painful ... I'm sure Cambiasso felt very bad for what he did, he suffered for it, that's why he came to the Juve's locker to apologize..
A great player with a moment of failure, it happens, i feel sorry for both him and Giovinco...

Cassius, some good points there..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 am

definitely late... definitely a nasty tackle, but he was challenging the ball and there was no malicious intent, Cuchu is not a thug at all, his track record speaks for itself. this kind of thing can happen to any player. I know that it was an honest mistake and he was immediately remorseful and apologized profusely. anyway I'm glad giovinco is fine. respect to conte and his demeanor thruout the ordeal, the man is a class act

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:51 pm

As much I respect(ed) Cambiasso, no chance he was going for the ball, not even taking a look at it, as Cassius said he was already overpumped, shouting from the bench before he got subbed in, and he totally lost his mind for a second there. Too much tension at the end resulted in this.

Anyways, it's still extremely laughable that he only got a 1-match ban for this (yeah, one match)
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2013/04/01/3869590/one-match-ban-for-cambiasso-after-giovinco-foul?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 pm

so Conte is saying it wasnt intentional, the federation is saying it wasnt intentional, and yet some Juvi fans want something to cry about. give me a *bleep* break
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Cuchu is one of the few Inter players I actually respect & that spurns from his very classy, humble and affable behaviour in which he professionally carries himself as a player, on and off the pitch.

The tackle was atrocious and deserves more than 3 games of a ban (Five would be apt) yet by no means it was intentional as I would be willing to give Cambiasso the benefit of the doubt, due to his persona.

Conte was extremely classy in protecting Esteban and it is encouraging to see him apologizing in an age where players aren't held responsible (or remorseful) of their actions.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 am

Surprised Child Social Services weren't involved
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed