free_cat
EL Patron
VanDeezNuts
aleumdance
LeBéninois
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Players and the national anthem  - Page 2 Empty Re: Players and the national anthem

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm

The funny thing is there are many native who don't sing their national anthem but it much more easier to talk about an immigrant's chil not singing it.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Players and the national anthem  - Page 2 Empty Re: Players and the national anthem

Post by Grooverider Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Dont see the issue if players decide to sing it or not, why would singing a song show how proud you are from being from that particular nation anyway? scratch
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 am

aleumdance wrote:talking about anthems

i have a related question

last year, when Apoel Nicosia played in the UCl, there were so many Greek flags in their stadium, for a cypriot team thats kinda weird

any connection?

Cyprus is a country of greek culture. They are basically greek but are not part of greece because of tensions with Turkey that has ruled the island for some centuries and later tried to invade it to protect turkis cipriots (and the island is still divided in two).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 am

Deez... Benz is born in Lyon and spent his whole life in France. Ribery is born in Boulogne-sur-mer and spent his whole life in France too. It has nothing to do with them not liking France as a country.

They don't like France's social system that is very discriminating against minorities. That's why most of these guys won't sing the anthem.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 am

Ya I screwed that up typing. I meant heritage. I knew Benz was born in France, also used Ozil in that example who was born in Germany. My bad.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:20 am

Singing the anthem is a good thing when you are about to go to war because thats what most lyrics mean.

I would take off anthems from Sports.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Ya I screwed that up typing. I meant heritage. I knew Benz was born in France, also used Ozil in that example who was born in Germany. My bad.

Don't worry, I think we all still got your point. Özil might be born in Germany, but to the average German he "is foreign", simply because of his looks and name. Sad, but true. Most people won't treat him badly because of this, but there is some instutionalized injustice, it seems we all agree on that here.

I do think that it's a huge boost for minorities to have players like that in the international limelight. Makes you think twice about what it means to be a citizen.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum