thierrycwb
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
Luca
LeBéninois
worms
21 posters

Go down

Bored of Football.  Empty Bored of Football.

Post by worms Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm

The last 3 and a half years my life has been concentrated around football,literally every day I am thinking about it,reading and watching it.Even making videos of football players which take up a lot of time,about 6 hours of my time per video waste,I dread doing it as it is really boring but I feel like I have to do it,it's almost like I am psychologically addicted to football.I used to play it,but the funny thing is once I stopped playing football that was when I became really obsessed with it.Maybe to fill the void of not playing it anymore,as it was main hobbie which I used to love.

If I had to estimate I would say I spend at least 3 hours every day on football forums or websites,mostly just reading but it is really depressing thinking how much time I have wasted when I could have been reading more books or watching more movies, exercising etc

Is anybody else in this situation? I would like to stop been so obsessed with it and just watch a couple of matches a week from now on and quit reading and thinking about it every day.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Bored of Football.  Empty Re: Bored of Football.

Post by LeBéninois Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 pm

worms wrote:The last 3 and a half years my life has been concentrated around football,literally every day I am thinking about it,reading and watching it.Even making videos of football players which take up a lot of time,about 6 hours of my time per video waste,I dread doing it as it is really boring but I feel like I have to do it,it's almost like I am psychologically addicted to football.I used to play it,but the funny thing is once I stopped playing football that was when I became really obsessed with it.Maybe to fill the void of not playing it anymore,as it was main hobbie which I used to love.

If I had to estimate I would say I spend at least 3 hours every day on football forums or websites,mostly just reading but it is really depressing thinking how much time I have wasted when I could have been reading more books or watching more movies, exercising etc

Is anybody else in this situation? I would like to stop been so obsessed with it and just watch a couple of matches a week from now on and quit reading and thinking about it every day.

i still play a lot even though i'm 20 , and school/work ... really take my time. Football is still fun to me but not as much as when i was 15-16. I don't read that much anymore nor watch games because i don't have time. I do watch Arsenal/Barca games but there was a time i'd watch 4games/day. I only wacth CL games because it's m only chance to see Juve, Real, Dortmund,Bayern .. play...

When i want to know some news about football , i just come here ( so basically every day ) and look at the new threads. I save a lot of time and it'smuch more fun than going through Goal.com or others sites
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Similar position but even if I consider it an obsession, it's a healthy obsession (for the most part).

I find myself missing the odd class here and there to watch Juventus and this might hurt later on but so far I've managed.

I'm 20 years old, I play 2-4 times a week but nothing serious. I follow the sport everyday, and honestly that isn't really a problem either. Spending a few hours on football forums is the only thing that I saw as a problem, so I cut down. This is the only forum I use now, instead of the 2-3 that I used to use in the past and even here I post less than I used to.

In the end, it comes down to balancing priorities.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 pm

There is one easy solution:find something to do.I used to be like you but after i got to college i spent most of my days there with my friends and i basically only watch full games on the weekends now.I lost that urge/need to watch or discuss a game as time went by because I started realizing how useless football is to my life.

I even stopped posting as much as i used to, look at my post count :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

I will never be bored because i support a team that is more up and down than a yoyo and is so bloody unpredictable.

I can understand why people would get bored when supporting a powerhouse that wins every week though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by thierrycwb Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 am

This is just sad man, real sad.
thierrycwb
thierrycwb
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:54 am

I think importance of football in one's life is over-rated.

There are a lot of more important things in life than football. Football can make or break me emotionally, but I am trying to stop letting it be so dominant on my feelings in other aspects of life.

At least, I only watch 2 games a week (Liverpool game and maybe one other) , there are some people here who watch like 10 games a week and I have no idea how they do it Very Happy

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 pm

thierrycwb wrote:This is just sad man, real sad.

Laughing I know man.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:42 pm

I dont think this will ever happen to me, I love football.

I wake up, first thing I think about is football, I go to sleep and the last thing I think about.

Life is just a thing that goes on in between the time im not playing, talking or watching football.

So I really cant relate here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Occasionally matches do get boring in the last 15 minutes or so. It's just that feeling of 'end already', especially when your team is winning.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 pm

I spent almost my entire work day on here, and the best way to pass time. Cant really complain getting paid well and watch and talk about the sports you love.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Meh, all hobbies, all forms of entertainment you encounter (well most, at least) will make you feel like your time could be better spent doing something else if you do it quite a lot in my experience. If you play a lot of videogames, you feel that time could be better spent, if you watch a lot of movies, the same thing.

However, it's important to note that that's just what we do as humans. We need time to relax and have a hobby to do and essentially "waste time" with.

This doesn't apply to me though, I never get bored of football and I have a hard time imagining I ever will. In fact the time I spend on football just gets larger and larger every year Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 pm

CBarca wrote:Meh, all hobbies, all forms of entertainment you encounter (well most, at least) will make you feel like your time could be better spent doing something else if you do it quite a lot in my experience. If you play a lot of videogames, you feel that time could be better spent, if you watch a lot of movies, the same thing.

However, it's important to note that that's just what we do as humans. We need time to relax and have a hobby to do and essentially "waste time" with.

This doesn't apply to me though, I never get bored of football and I have a hard time imagining I ever will. In fact the time I spend on football just gets larger and larger every year Laughing

exactly, I dont think there enouph football these days. :whistle:

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 pm

The only time I ever feel this way is when my team is doing poorly and other things in my life aren't so great either, so it's more an apathetic feeling towards everything which affects my interest, but when I have no football in the summer, there are few things I wish I had more than some top-level football in my life. Maybe you just need a break from it to rediscover your love for it hmm
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justin77 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Bored of football? How can someone be bored of football?

Sorry to hear about this though. I can't imagine it ever happening to me, as I love it and to me it is one of the most productive uses of my time.

justin77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 pm

I agree with CBarca on this one. I used to spend alot of time playing Final Fantasy XI (the MMORPG), World of Warcraft, and Lord of the Rings online... while simultaneously watching futbol.

I used to feel dirty, like I wasted my time, like I could have used that time to further my life... but then I realized that these are the thigns that I enjoy.. they are a part of who I am, they are the basis for many of my relationships with people and something that I am very passionate about.

As luca said, you must balance yourself... I used to wake up on a saturday and watch Serie A, then the EPL morning and afternoon games, then the Serie A afternoon game, then the late night la liga game (i live in the US), followed by MLS, then eventually the late night basketball game... I cut back alot. I have a real career now so when I do take a saturday to chill and do my thing it feels great, rather than depressing.

hope this helps!
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:34 pm

I understand your problem man.......my grades this year were tremendously lower than last year (I used to be somewhere in top 3). My mother says that its because I watch too much football at night even at idiotic times like 2am etc and forbids me from watching UCL matches during my exams smoking
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Football is my life Laughing there is no way on hell I could get bored of it.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I nearly feel the opposite. Bored without football.

For example I'm on holidays from work this week. Yesterday the day was so long and boring waiting for the Brazil-Russia match to start.

Today isn't as bad as I'm watching the snooker to pass the time and posting on here. After today there's no matches again till Saturday which is kinda depressing.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:38 pm

TheRedStag wrote:After today there's no matches again till Saturday which is kinda depressing.

There's France-Spain today and a whole host of qualifier games.(Low key ones though but France-Spain is the big game of the night).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I spent almost my entire work day on here, and the best way to pass time. Cant really complain getting paid well and watch and talk about the sports you love.

What job do u do, Im jealous Laughing

Well it all depends on the person I guess, if u love football and can afford to spend so much time on it and dont feel bored of it and doesnt affect other areas of ur life, then no problem, is so, u need to balance it.... although admittedly, sometime I do spend too much time on it as well Very Happy But most of the time its really enjoyable, especially Barca last few years able to provide so much joy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

While busy at other times I just try to catch the most important news and updates...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:09 pm

I feel like the stage has arrived. I wouldn't call myself bored of football, but I spend nowhere near time around football as I used to, 2 years ago for example.

I guess, it's as you grow up, you realize there are so many great and more important thing in your life than football. Football suddenly does NOT become a hubby, but you have to prioritize your time and energy, and hence football's role diminishes.

I still watch and follow Liverpool related stuff, as well as the national teams I follow very closely, but that's pretty much all the football I watch. I don't find anything else, entertaining. I can't be encouraged to watch a football game where I have zero interest and passion in. Hence I only watch Liverpool, and NT games (Iran, Denmark), as well as extremely high profile games (CL semis, etc). 

I simply can't figure out how so many people on these forums watch games that has nothing to do with them. How do you keep going for 90 minutes ?

This past season, I only watched 1 Bundesliga game (Bayern vs. Dusseldurf), 1 La Liga game (El Clasico in October), zero Serie A or any other league.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:24 pm

I find absolutely no joy in watching football when I don't care about the teams or any players on those teams in action. Right now I'm watching the Bayern v Barca preseason game and I'm bored out of my wits. With all the stars on show and the tactical display of top football, yet still I really couldn't give two shits about it. This morning I woke up at 3AM to catch a Liverpool match vs Melbourne and I had a great time watching that. I watched a Real Sociedad preseason match against Toulouse the other day just to watch Griezmann in action and I enjoyed it because I had some sort of emotional investment in the match (Antoine is one of my fav players).

I find my self, more and more, having difficulties enjoying the sort of football matches that I have no emotional investment in. Is it just me or does everyone feel this way?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:36 pm

friendly games can be pretty boring, especially if you dont care about either team like you said.

dont see how you can be bored now and next season with the activity of this transfer window though

...unless you're an arsenal fan Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Albiceleste wrote:friendly games can be pretty boring, especially if you dont care about either team like you said.

dont see how you can be bored now and next season with the activity of this transfer window though

...unless you're an arsenal fan Laughing

Could be friendly matches. I know I enjoyed the neutral matches in CL last season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down