RealGunner
Vlad the Impaler
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ryan Giggs Empty Ryan Giggs

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Giggs eyes triple assault

Ryan Giggs insists he and his team-mates love nothing more than being challenged on the biggest stages at home and abroad.

Ryan Giggs 803022ED2A6E4A94B6E702300B5338B4

While the Reds are currently leading the way in the Barclays Premier League, a fifth round FA Cup berth was secured on Saturday thanks to a 4-1 win over Fulham. And just around the corner is the small matter of Real Madrid in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Giggs says the players are relishing the challenges in front of them and are determined to ensure at least one piece of silverware is captured this term.

“Challenging on all fronts is what you want, especially given the strength and depth we’ve got in the squad,” he told ManUtd.com and PA Sport. “We want to be fighting on all fronts and involved in all the competitions and doing the best we can.

“I think there is more to come from us. There is always room for improvement. Obviously we’re happy with where we are in the league and in the FA Cup and Champions League – you’ve got to be pleased with that. But there is always room to improve both individually and as a team.

“We’re not thinking about Madrid really. Everyone was excited when the draw was made but as experienced players you can’t look too far ahead. You want to perform in games and be in good form going into games like that and that’s what we intend to do. But at the moment we’re concentrating on Southampton.”

The Saints visit Old Trafford on Wednesday night in their first away game under new manager Mauricio Pochettino, who was brought in, much to many people’s surprise, in place of Nigel Adkins.

“I think everyone was shocked when Nigel Adkins went, but ultimately players have got a job to do and the new manager will put his ideas across and players will just get on with it,” said Giggs.

“Southampton have been in decent form and on a good run; it’ll be another tough game for us. They gave us a good game earlier in the season so we’ll need to play well.

“Every game at this time is tough but there are no easy games in this league. You’ve got to perform well in every match and you want to do that for your own satisfaction and for your own form. You want to play well because it gives you confidence going into the next game.”

Source: ManUTD.com

Respect Giggs, you GOAT legend! :bow:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Ryan Giggs Empty Re: Ryan Giggs

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Legend
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:Legend

Thumbs up

Giggs meets his oldest fan

Residents of the Worsley Lodge Care Home were shocked and delighted this month after Ryan Giggs dropped by to wish United fan Emily Mallinder a happy 104th birthday.

Ryan Giggs B6964851591747E2A562572A630EC96E

The Reds legend took time out to visit the elderly supporter after she had outlined a desire to meet him whilst watching Sir Alex Ferguson’s men in action earlier this season.

Unbeknownst to Emily, that request reached Giggs thanks to the help of activities coordinator Angela McGinty, who contacted the Club to help set up this incredible surprise.

“Emily loves football and especially United,” McGinty explained. “One day, I asked if she’d like to meet a player and without hesitation she said Ryan Giggs. So I decided to get in touch with United and see what we could do, but I never thought it would happen. It was a fantastic gesture and Emily was overwhelmed.

“She was absolutely lost for words, which is very rare for her! Ryan was brilliant and stayed to chat with different visitors and posing for photographs. He even promised Emily he’d be back next year! On behalf of Worsley Lodge, I’d like to thank him for his appearance and time, we all appreciated it. Emily had a great day and it really made a difference for all of our residents and their families.”

Giggs was more than happy to meet Emily: "It's always great to meet our fans especially someone like Emily who has followed the club for such a long time,” Ryan said. “And she certainly knows her football - we had a good chat about United and her memories of watching the team. All the lads appreciate the support we get from the fans and it was great to go along and help Emily celebrate her big day."

Source: ManUTD.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Ryan Giggs 21711e014713f7919da75ff1a89d28ec_large
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:29 pm

In light of Giggs' debut

'The last time Olympiakos beat MUFC was in 350BC. It was 2-1. Aristotle & Plato for the Greeks, Giggs with the consolation for United.'

Ryan Giggs Bh1P_uBIMAADAgN

Ryan Giggs BhtbmyyIAAAB1Ec

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Ryan Giggs, the player, will never feature in the Champions League again. Let's celebrate his European career with his most memorable Champions League moments. Here are some:
 Molenation 

Ryan Giggs's top five Champions League moments

Manchester United 3 Juventus 2
Old Trafford: Wednesday, Oct 1, 1997

Ryan Giggs ushered in a new era for United in October 1997 when the winger burst past a couple of Juventus defenders in the dying moments of the game before smashing the ball past the Juventus goalkeeper Angelo Peruzzi and into the top corner.

After being beaten easily the previous year - in both legs - by Juventus this win gave the club the belief that they could go on and win the Champions League.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 1 Juventus 1
Old Trafford: Wednesday, April 7, 1999

After trailing to a first-half goal from Juventus midfielder Antonio Conte, United's charge towards an improbable Treble was on the brink.

Conte's goal looked set to hand Juventus a crucial first-leg victory, but Giggs rescued United with an injury-time equaliser in front of the Stretford End to set up that semi-final in Turin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manchester United win the 1999 European Cup
Europe: 1998/99 season

Goals against LKS Lodz, Barcelona, Brondy and, of course, Juventus, from the Wales midfielder set United on course for probably their greatest ever triumph in Barcelona in May 1999.

Giggs scored United's opening goal in the first of two meetings with Barcelona in the group stages – both finishing 3-3 – while playing a pivotal part both domestically and in Europe in the club's Treble-winning campaign.

Juventus 0 Manchester United 3
Stadio delle Alpi: Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003

Giggs was bearing the brunt of disaffected fans, who felt his time at Old Trafford was up. On the biggest stage at the Stadio delle Alpi, he showed them otherwise.

Charging straight through the Juve defence, he went past two sturdy challenges before beating Gianluigi Buffon and then turned his back to the crowd and pointed to the name on his shirt.

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1; United win 6–5 on penalties
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow: Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Giggs scored the crucial penalty in the shoot-out which preceded Edwin van der Sar’s save from Nicolas Anelka that secured the club’s third, and his second, European Cup.

The penalty in Moscow – when Giggs nervelessly sent Petr Cech the wrong way to put United on the brink of glory – encapsulated the mental strength which has been highlighted as one of the main factors in the midfielder's success and longevity.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:51 pm

All great moments. One underrated performance from him was against Chelsea in the last 8 in 2011. In both ties he was head and shoulders above the rest.

Sad that his last game came to an end due to an injury.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Del Piero Proud

Ryan Giggs Ryan-giggs-quotes-players-legend-man-utd

He has a superb dribbling technique, with not only pace but great close control and balance. That's a hard mixture.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Only saw bits of his press conference, can't find any vids of it on YT....but the difference between his and Moyes' is like night and day.

Giggs spoke like a natural.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Giggs proud to take charge

Ryan Giggs has described taking charge of Manchester United as “the proudest moment of my life”.

Speaking to MUTV in an exclusive interview before his press conference, United’s interim manager could not hide how honoured he is to have been asked to step in until the end of the season, but also admitted he will be just as nervous ahead of the Reds’ meeting with Norwich on Saturday as if he was playing.

“It’s been a whirlwind week. From Tuesday morning when (executive vice-chairman) Ed Woodward asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, which I had no hesitation in saying yes to, from then on yes it’s been a crazy week.

“I’ve got to say it’s the proudest moment of my life. I’ve supported Manchester United all my life, it’s been the biggest part of my life since I was 14 when I signed schoolboy forms. I’m proud, happy, a little bit nervous but just like I am as a player I can’t wait for the game on Saturday.

Ryan admitted that he immediately turned to his former mentor Sir Alex Ferguson for guidance when he was handed the temporary role.

"Obviously I played under Sir Alex for so long so he was the first person to call because I wanted advice and to know what to expect. Who better to ring? Why wouldn’t I?!"

Giggs revealed that his message for the players is a simple one:

“I’ve just said to them ‘I trust you and I know what you’re capable of and go out there and show it on Saturday and give the fans something to shout about. Entertain them, score goals, make tackles, play with speed, play with tempo.’ And that’s what they’ve done in training and they’ll take that out into the game on Saturday.”

Giggs is being assisted by former team-mates Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt, and he is certain that their combined passion for the club will help the team over the closing stages of the season

“Nicky was with the Reserves so I asked him to come up and help with the first team which he was more than happy to do. Then I phoned Scholesy because I know how much the club means to these people. They feel the same way I do about the club and I know in the short space of time we have they’ll give it everything to make it a success and hopefully end what has been a frustrating season on a high.”

The club’s most decorated player is also delighted with the reaction he has seen in training after making the transition from player to coach.

“I’ve had to take a bit of stick [from the players]! Things like where are you going to park, what do we call you? And I had a ‘gaffer’ sign on my place in the dressing room! The players have been great and the reaction in training has been sharp. I’ve just tried to make things relaxed and for everyone to enjoy themselves. As I said let’s have a good end to what has been a frustrating and disappointing season.”

lol Gaffer sign on his space in locker room

Player's spirits seem to be better, pictures show smiles all around in training

Phil Neville still looks out of place tho...lol
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:53 pm

ffs I sat with a big dumb smile on my face watching that, Giggs love for the club Proud you can tell how proud he is to have this chance and his talk of playing the United way with his and the clubs philosophy just shows how he knew this was not the United way under Moyes
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Ryan Giggs is our manager :bow: A United fan, a united player and United manager Proud

RvP is suddenly back LOOL

Ryan Giggs 3442B53082B448EE97FC293D381F40C0

Ryan Giggs 62074DB8B9C948C18CDA64A6A1CA3494

Ryan Giggs 735B0D26CBC44A6CA83089814E55945E

Ryan Giggs 9D9B0BA2669D4FB582BB7F5F18CBE9BA
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Nicky Butt wrote:
The players in that changing room know how good they are. They look round, look left and look right at the players next to them and know that they are very proud, hard-working lads. I'm sure we'll see that on Saturday.

This is how you talk about your players Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:54 pm

im begining to think we will batter Norwich lol #pray4thecanaries
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:58 pm

RVP didn't give a fck under Moyes. I remember when he suddenly announced himself fit after we signed Mata.

And now...i won't be surprised if he starts before the season ends.

One of the many players who didn't respect Moyes and his 3 stooges at all.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 pm

This is the happiest I've been all season, tbh. Moyes leaving really was like a trophy Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Me too. For the first time this season I'm looking forward to a Utd match.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Fully fit squad for United :lol :Moyes Laughing Giggs player+manager+GOAT physio all in one :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 pm

M99 wrote:Fully fit squad for United :lol :Moyes :lol:Giggs player+manager+GOAT physio all in one :bow:

:bow:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:30 pm

“I’ve had to take a bit of stick [from the players]! Things like where are you going to park, what do we call you? And I had a ‘gaffer’ sign on my place in the dressing room! The players have been great and the reaction in training has been sharp. I’ve just tried to make things relaxed and for everyone to enjoy themselves. As I said let’s have a good end to what has been a frustrating and disappointing season.” wrote:
-Giggsy

Very Happy 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm

With these type of statements, sometimes I think it might be better if Fergie leaves the club, or takes an ambassadorial role of some type. After the decision to hire Moyes, you'd think he'd be a little bit embarrassed to voice such an opinion in public.

Ryan Giggs BmGS1BBIEAA_kY4

Ryan Giggs BmGRvcGIgAAdD0e
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:33 am

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:54 am

Busby Babe wrote:

lol. I too was wondering whether giggsy will play or not now. like a 75 minute substitution where he unzips his tracksuit, put his boots on, whistles and enter the pitch. :bow:
Has anything like that ever happened ? Guys ? I mean player coaches giving touchline instructions until some point and then subbing someone for themselves. it will look really sweeeeeet.  eco smile 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:45 pm

The difference in mentality between Giggs and Evra compared to Moyes is startling.

They act and sound like winners, the latter......
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next