The Sanchez
Onyx
McAgger
shinigami99
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Song regret leaving Arsenal?

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:58 pm

I wonder if Callejon regrets coming to Madrid?

I also wonder if Chamakh regrets leaving Ligue 1?

It must really keep them up at night Laughing

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Song regret leaving Arsenal?

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am

so if your team wins medals while you sit on your ass the whole time, you're succeeding? Laziest fcking "success" ever.. great logic. It's like Mitt Romney being born into a life of privilege and claiming he earned all his success himself. Complete bullsh1t.

Callejon is a Madrid youth product, and Chamakh took a step up from Ligue1..not comparable at all

Song never wanted to leave, and I won't say for sure, but I have a good feeling that he's not happy over there
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am

But Lex has a point here, when those players retire what would they rather show their children or grand kids, medals or videos of games they played and contributed largely in.

Song: hey kid watch out that medal I won in 2013 while playing for Barca.
Kid: WOOOOW pops, can you show us a video of that final.
Song: wtf are you talking about its too late go to bed now.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 am

Winning titles while riding the bench may be good enough for some people, but realistically if you didn't earn it, why should you take pride in the accomplishment of others? It really makes no sense, but then again maybe this is just what happens to fans like me when I'm used to not winning trophies Sad
REWB wrote:he is not a good enough dm, and he is not a good enough cb. im happy he was sold tbh, was incredibly overrated buy arsenal fans. i never saw it in him, he is just a liability imo. had the occasional moment of brilliance with a long pass or skill but overall his game was bad.
I don't understand how you can say that given how we've played this season without him. Diaby is just as good if not better when fit, and in overall talent I don't think Song is even as good as Wilshere, Cazorla, Arteta or Rosicky, but nevertheless he had a certain role in the team that nobody except for Diaby can fill. Selling RvP hurt us badly, but selling Song destroyed our midfield for months - it is only now getting back to its previous levels with Wilshere hitting full-stride and Diaby now not injured. Selling Song was a terrible decision, and even now several months later we can't find anyone on the market who can properly fill his void.

As for the argument at hand, it's a tricky situation because yes Arsenal haven't won anything in a while, but what if Song had given it one more season? Imagine RvP and Song stayed - our team would be absolutely one of the best in the league right now. He left for a sure thing instead of giving it a shot. I guess it's Arsene's fault for not signing the guys that would complete our team (Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud types) when they were still here, but if Song's career goes nowhere he may just end up being the next Hleb regretting his decision for years. Anyway, for now he is getting what he signed on for at Barca. I doubt he will regret it until it is absolutely clear he will never be a starter, but who knows, maybe someone will get an injury and he could be given a shot hmm
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 am

I guess you could say that each case is it's own.

To me, Song last season was about the best he had ever been, he was figuring things about himself and about the game and his skill level was greatly improving. Regardless of what you thought of him last season, he was good, not perfect, but he had something going for him. I guess what bothers me is the fact that a player with such upward momentum, already playing with one of the biggest club around, international platform, and knowing his mentality (guy is arrogant and ambituous), gave it all up to go sit on the bench. At least, i dont know if he was expecting to sit so hard on the bench.

@Dani, you mention Callejon, or Chamakh, but i can hardly compare their situation with that of Song.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:so if your team wins medals while you sit on your ass the whole time, you're succeeding? Laziest fcking "success" ever.. great logic. It's like Mitt Romney being born into a life of privilege and claiming he earned all his success himself. Complete bullsh1t.

Callejon is a Madrid youth product, and Chamakh took a step up from Ligue1..not comparable at all

Song never wanted to leave, and I won't say for sure, but I have a good feeling that he's not happy over there

Either you dont watch Barca or your just guessing, because he doesnt just sit down and watch. If we win the league, he would deserve it as much as guys like Mascherano, Alexis and some others. There is some place between starter and not playing, Song is in their somewhere.

And how is it not comparable for Callejon and Chamakh? Chamakh even won something at his old club.

Now, neither of them play...they could be playing some place else.

Chamakh step up? What you think moving from Arsenal to Barca is?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:so if your team wins medals while you sit on your ass the whole time, you're succeeding? Laziest fcking "success" ever.. great logic. It's like Mitt Romney being born into a life of privilege and claiming he earned all his success himself. Complete bullsh1t.

winning medals is a team effort. Every one contributes for it to work. If a players role is to provide cover and aid by stepping up when injuries break out in the first team or stepping in on random games to give other players rest so they can be rested for the big games then yes....he contributed in aiding to win a trophy. It's not like he is literally playing zero minutes
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah i'm sure he regrets winning trophies Laughing

who cares about trophies seriously?

Aye no one wants to look back on their career with all the medals they won they just want to play every week and look back on all those wonderful defeats.

Of course they care about trophies ffs don't be bloody stupid.

so in that case... Pinto and Jefferen are one of the most accomplished players of past decade, they have so many medals.. but oh wait, when their children and grandchildren ask them about their contribution to win alll those, i would love to hear what they have to say Smile

think logically. None of those medals will be HIS, it will be the TEAMS

Song made himself what he is in ARSENAL, despite not winning !
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 am

Because Pinto doesn't get any minutes nor Song, they literally ride the bench.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

who cares about trophies seriously?

Aye no one wants to look back on their career with all the medals they won they just want to play every week and look back on all those wonderful defeats.

so in that case... Pinto and Jefferen are one of the most accomplished players of past decade, they have so many medals.. but oh wait, when their children and grandchildren ask them about their contribution to win alll those, i would love to hear what they have to say Smile

Pinto? Bad example considering he plays the Copa games which were directly towards him winning medals for that cup.

Also, yes...every players from the first team captain to the final guy on the roster can say they were part of the (enter year here) team that won a trophy. If they start the final cup game or not, they in there way in one way or another all contributed to the team getting there. You make it seem like only the starting 11 is the team.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 am

Biscuits :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
First sucked the powers of Yaya Toure and Keita, now he feeds himself with Song and Mascherano :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 am

Song has made 20 appearances so far and played 1335 minutes halfway through the season. That's only a little less than what Chicharito is contributing for Manchester United. Song will probably end up playing 40+ games this season and once he gets fully used to the Barcelona system with a proper pre-season and starts to speak proper Spanish, he'll get 50+ appearances per season, training with some of the best players of all time week in week out while living in a beautiful Mediterranean City alongside his buddy Fabregas, winning shitloads of trophies. Starter for Arsenal or squad player for Barcelona? Easy choice tbh. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 am

windkick wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

Pinto? Bad example considering he plays the Copa games which were directly towards him winning medals for that cup.

Also, yes...every players from the first team captain to the final guy on the roster can say they were part of the (enter year here) team that won a trophy. If they start the final cup game or not, they in there way in one way or another all contributed to the team getting there. You make it seem like only the starting 11 is the team.

not starting 11, but at least play half of the matches? or get subbed in, in most of games... something like that.

Every player has a potential, some supress it for money, others who fall into false belief that they would be given opportunities to express it, (Song's case)

as i said before, I would rather be a starter in a team which is average or above average... than being a bench warmer in some Top team..

or maybe it's just me, who doesn't like to simply clap and clap as others in my team win and i just watch... and yet have the guts to claim in future that "oh i have won so many titles"
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 am

baresi wrote:But Lex has a point here, when those players retire what would they rather show their children or grand kids, medals or videos of games they played and contributed largely in.

rofl good one
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:43 am

The Franchise wrote:Either you dont watch Barca or your just guessing, because he doesnt just sit down and watch. If we win the league, he would deserve it as much as guys like Mascherano, Alexis and some others. There is some place between starter and not playing, Song is in their somewhere.

And how is it not comparable for Callejon and Chamakh? Chamakh even won something at his old club.

Now, neither of them play...they could be playing some place else.

Chamakh step up? What you think moving from Arsenal to Barca is?

I do watch Barca when I can, and when i've seen Song play, he's looked good and has done his job well. I've hardly seen him play though.. Is he valued over there? I could be wrong, but all i've seen here from Barca fans was that it was a mistake to sign him, and that he hasn't been good, and he's not good enough. Surely they know better than I do as you guys watch Barca just about every week.

Tell me how this is a step up for him like you say? Is it because Barcelona is a much stronger team than Arsenal? Yeah, sure, but Arsenal is still a top team in a top league, and he was a key player and still improving and establishing himself. He was happy here. I would understand if he actually wanted to leave, but he has said himself that he never wanted to leave. He's said he wanted to stay at Arsenal for life and was waiting for a 5-year contract, and only got one from Barca. Our dumbass board forced him out and I can't ever forgive them for shit like this.

I'm not blaming Barca for signing him, but it was a bad move. Tell me, do you really see him becoming a first team player there? I don't. I could be wrong of course but I see Hleb 2.0. If he does become a starter, how can you know that Barca will still be the dominant force you guys currently are when it comes time for Song to be an integral player? That's when the "oh but he'll win all these trophies!!" argument falls short. It's also annoying how almost everyone on this forum is just so obsessed with trophies and silverware and like nothing else matters. Some may believe that that's the case, but not all players think this way, and Song is one of those players, which makes me hate our board even more because we let him go when he didn't want to. Song is not the type of player to be satisfied watching his team win while playing a game here or there, but not playing a key role. He wants to play all the time. With every trophy you guys win from here on, can you say "oh, we wouldn't have won that if it wasn't for Song in our team"? .. impossible to say for sure, but i'm guessing no.

Yeah, a team is more than the starting 11, but what player can truly be happy and satisfied with themselves if they're not playing regularly, and watching their team win everything. Young players, especially academy products, who've grown up with the club and aren't ready yet, sure, but an established player like Song..don't know about that. I don't see a happy ending for Song over there, but I hope i'm wrong because I really like him as a player and personality. We really miss him.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 am

Pinto's Barcelona career on Wikipedia consists of about 4 lil paragraphs, each one starting a year ahead of the last, with the first two being

On 30 May 2008 Barcelona signed Pinto on a permanent deal, for two years and €500,000.

the next one

On 22 October 2010 UEFA opened a disciplinary case, charging Pinto with "improper conduct" following his actions in a Champions League group stage match against F.C. Copenhagen

"Papa Pinto, show us some of your highlight videos from Barcelona"

"I can re-enact one if you want" *starts wolf whistling*
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 am

baresi wrote:But Lex has a point here, when those players retire what would they rather show their children or grand kids, medals or videos of games they played and contributed largely in.

:bow:

there is also the theory of one CL with monaco (lets say) is worth 10 with madrid
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 am

Lex wrote:Pinto's Barcelona career on Wikipedia consists of about 4 lil paragraphs, each one starting a year ahead of the last, with the first two being

On 30 May 2008 Barcelona signed Pinto on a permanent deal, for two years and €500,000.

the next one

On 22 October 2010 UEFA opened a disciplinary case, charging Pinto with "improper conduct" following his actions in a Champions League group stage match against F.C. Copenhagen

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:00 am

Pinto can show this to his kids:

What will Fabianski and Mannone show their kids? :coffee:

Last edited by futbol on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 am

Did Pinto get a medal for that?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:03 am

Lex wrote:Did Pinto get a medal for that?

Pinto got 2 Copa del Rey medals in 2009 and 2012 being the first choice goalkeeper throughout the competition.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:20 am

futbol wrote:

Pinto got 2 Copa del Rey medals in 2009 and 2012 being the first choice goalkeeper throughout the competition.

Hahahahahaha yeah booyyyyyy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks for posting the Mallorca save, futbol.
@ lex, if it wouldn't have been for that boss of a save in that Mallorca match, the treble would not have happened, so to answer you question, hellyes

@ everyone else, not just anyone can walk into the best midfield on earth. It's not songs fault and it shouldn't be a real surprise.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:12 am

Lex wrote:Pinto's Barcelona career on Wikipedia consists of about 4 lil paragraphs, each one starting a year ahead of the last, with the first two being

the next one

rofl
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 am

CBarca wrote:
futbol wrote:

this Pinto could have been parked in the Barca goal, and they still would've won those trophies bounce

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 2 1970-2
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:27 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
CBarca wrote:
futbol wrote:

this Pinto could have been parked in the Barca goal, and they still would've won those trophies bounce

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 2 1970-2
Just like I could've taken over for pep and still would've won everything, blah blah.

I know your joking though!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next