Conte: 'Juve deserved more'

5 posters

Go down

Conte: 'Juve deserved more' Empty Conte: 'Juve deserved more'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Antonio Conte feels Juventus had done enough to win tonight’s Coppa Italia semi-final with Lazio, but “the smile remains for this performance in an emergency situation.”

The Bianconeri had gone in front with Federico Peluso, but Stefano Mauri snatched a 1-1 draw late on. The second leg at the Olimpico is next Tuesday.

“It’s a shame about the result, but the smile remains for this performance in an emergency situation,” he said after using Claudio Marchisio as a makeshift trequartista.

“From the negative aspects we managed to find the strength to give consistency to our performances. Despite the difficult moment in terms of injuries, the team deserved much more tonight.

“There are also a couple of incidents that need to be looked at again, such as the challenge on Mirko Vucinic. Referees make mistakes for and against everyone, but I hope that when they do get it wrong in our favour they aren’t subjected to the same trials by media as they were in the past.”

The fact remains that Lazio have an away goal to take with them to the Stadio Olimpico.

“In the second leg we will play our game, hopefully with a little more luck,” continued Conte.

“Between our Serie A meeting and this one, Lazio had more good fortune than we did, even if they are a great side who deserve everything.

“Marchisio was the player who gave me the most guarantees in that more advanced role and he did well, thanks also to the rest of the team. Paul Pogba also did well, carrying on from his performance against Udinese.

“We are a solid group and try to always think like a group.”

Conte also confirmed that tomorrow Gianluigi Buffon will sign a contract extension with Juventus.

“I am happy with his renewal and that the best goalkeeper in the world can continue playing with us for a long time.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'Juve deserved more' Empty Re: Conte: 'Juve deserved more'

Post by thegutterpoet Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 am

I agree with Conte, but at the same time I place the blame on his shoulders, for yet again using a player who has proven hapless time and time and time again. A player who rivals Amauri for the unwanted title of 'worst player I have ever seen in a particular position at Juve'. De ceglie has never shown anything whatsoever other than a complete lack of positional awareness, zero defensive talent, a footballing brain on par with a badger with down syndrome...and yes, the ability to chuck in 1-3 good crosses per game.

He should have been released/sold/executed a long time ago, but remains a blemish on an otherwise excellent squad.

Amauri actually scores higher to me, for at least in one stage of his career, he has been a good player. De ceglie simply has not managed this...yet. Maybe as a left winger, he could be useful as a sub for a mid to lower table serie B team, but never has he been, never will he be, top half serie A or juve material.
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

http://thedissolutefox.com/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 am

thegutterpoet wrote:I agree with Conte, but at the same time I place the blame on his shoulders, for yet again using a player who has proven hapless time and time and time again. A player who rivals Amauri for the unwanted title of 'worst player I have ever seen in a particular position at Juve'. De ceglie has never shown anything whatsoever other than a complete lack of positional awareness, zero defensive talent, a footballing brain on par with a badger with down syndrome...and yes, the ability to chuck in 1-3 good crosses per game.

He should have been released/sold/executed a long time ago, but remains a blemish on an otherwise excellent squad.

Amauri actually scores higher to me, for at least in one stage of his career, he has been a good player. De ceglie simply has not managed this...yet. Maybe as a left winger, he could be useful as a sub for a mid to lower table serie B team, but never has he been, never will he be, top half serie A or juve material.

Thumbs up for PDC ..

damn we miss PEpe
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 am

I'm starting to feel the same, Devi...and wonder when Pepe and his smile will return to the first team squad??? He would be perfect to bring on in games like the Lazio one, when we are in control, a goal up and need to wear them down even more.
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

http://thedissolutefox.com/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 am

thegutterpoet wrote:I'm starting to feel the same, Devi...and wonder when Pepe and his smile will return to the first team squad??? He would be perfect to bring on in games like the Lazio one, when we are in control, a goal up and need to wear them down even more.

he had controls this monday for his leg he is improving he said he'll come back in early april but the results are even better than expected ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:57 am

Pepe usually shit on Lazio regularly...wouldv'e been a walk through the park had he been fit
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 am

I'm even almost starting to miss pepe.
Never thought I would make that post but with all things considering, he is capable of scoring crucial goals at times.

Plus it gives me a scapegoat

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:19 am

Guys I would love Pepe back but I just hope he can regain his fitness and stamina again after being put for so long!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum