"The team's recent....

+3
iNFINITY9910
Ganso
Shed
7 posters

Go down

"The team's recent.... Empty "The team's recent....

Post by Shed Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:16 pm

....performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season"

- November 21, 2012

-----

• From 4 points off top to 14
• Brushed aside with ease in the Club World Cup
• 1 Home win in 5 in domestic comp.
• Losses against London rivals West Ham and QPR, Corinthians, Swansea.
• Same number of losses in 1 month as RDM had in 4
• On the verge of being dumped out of the Mickey Mouse Cup by a mid-table side, with an away leg still to play

#CheersToTheBoard
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

"The team's recent.... Empty Re: "The team's recent....

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 am

I can say one thing to the board. Basically, GO F*CK YOURSELVES!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm

#saveusba
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm

The board? I don't think it's the board who are making these big decision, it's Abramovich.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:The board? I don't think it's the board who are making these big decision, it's Abramovich.
Both of them. They're advising him and he's listening.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Given Chelsea's extreme trigger-happy approach to their managerial position, I think it's Abramovich only. Can't believe any board would fire managers like Chelsea have done.

"The team's recent.... 6885227808_4254d15ebd_o
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:Given Chelsea's extreme trigger-happy approach to their managerial position, I think it's Abramovich only. Can't believe any board would fire managers like Chelsea have done.

Abramovich makes the final decision, and does have a large say in what goes and doesn't I think it's safe to say, but the board's role in our demise can't be underestimated. It's no coincidence that every time there's a sacking, Buck, Gourlay and Tenenbaum feature largely in the backstory to it.
They're absolutely useless at what they do. Excellent business men, I'm sure, but absolutely clueless at how to run a football club.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm

The bottom line is that it's no good shouting at the board when Abramovich is the one to have the final word on these major decisions. Like sacking and hiring managers. Or the Lampard situation, if Roman wanted, Lamps would stay. Roman is happy to let him leave. And it's no good shouting at Mr Abramovich, because he is what made Chelsea the powerhouse they are nowadays and these questionable big decisions are just simply a part of what he brings with himself. So unless you want Abramovich to sell the club, I don't think you can truly want a big change on these other matters, either. Just remain hopeful that Roman gets it right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:The bottom line is that it's no good shouting at the board when Abramovich is the one to have the final word on these major decisions. Like sacking and hiring managers. Or the Lampard situation, if Roman wanted, Lamps would stay. Roman is happy to let him leave. And it's no good shouting at Mr Abramovich, because he is what made Chelsea the powerhouse they are nowadays and these questionable big decisions are just simply a part of what he brings with himself. So unless you want Abramovich to sell the club, I don't think you can truly want a big change on these other matters, either. Just remain hopeful that Roman gets it right.
Oh my main gripe is with the owner, believe me. You can even read my comments on the Frank Lampard Thread from last week saying such.
And the reality is, something DOES have to change, whether he likes it or not. He either has to change his entire mentality/philosophy on how things at CFC are run, or he needs to sell the club. We simply cannot go on hiring and firing managers at a whim and throwing money at all of our problems. We'll go the way of Portsmouth, et al. if he continues to run the club like it's a video game. This is a very serious situation, and failure to finish in the Top 4 this year - which is a very real possibility - will be cataclysmic.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:The bottom line is that it's no good shouting at the board when Abramovich is the one to have the final word on these major decisions. Like sacking and hiring managers. Or the Lampard situation, if Roman wanted, Lamps would stay. Roman is happy to let him leave. And it's no good shouting at Mr Abramovich, because he is what made Chelsea the powerhouse they are nowadays and these questionable big decisions are just simply a part of what he brings with himself. So unless you want Abramovich to sell the club, I don't think you can truly want a big change on these other matters, either. Just remain hopeful that Roman gets it right.
Oh my main gripe is with the owner, believe me. You can even read my comments on the Frank Lampard Thread from last week saying such.
And the reality is, something DOES have to change, whether he likes it or not. He either has to change his entire mentality/philosophy on how things at CFC are run, or he needs to sell the club. We simply cannot go on hiring and firing managers at a whim and throwing money at all of our problems. We'll go the way of Portsmouth, et al. if he continues to run the club like it's a video game. This is a very serious situation, and failure to finish in the Top 4 this year - which is a very real possibility - will be cataclysmic.

Abramovich brings in the money that has built Chelsea up and at the moment is still keeping them floating up there. Maybe in some years Chelsea could become more self-sufficient, but for now you need Abramovich's wealth.

Perhaps right now things aren't ideal and you lot are irritated at Benitez (and Torres), but it all could be better again in half a season (when there will probably be a new face in the dugout). You can be annoyed at Abramovich, but calling for his head is a bit baseless when you consider how much he has done for / invested in the club - and keeps on doing so.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:35 pm

Everyone's infinitely grateful for what he's done for the club, no one will tell you otherwise, but it can't be denied that his decisions lately have taken us backwards, and if he continues us on this path we're going to be in a real mess. I'm by no means saying he should up and sell the club, I'm merely calling for a change in the way things are conducted at it. And this is by no means impulsive. I've been calling for more consistency, stability and responsibility at the club since before even AVB was sacked when I was saying we (as in, Abramovich himself...) desperately need to forget about trophies and glory for a few seasons in the sake of long-term planning and success. And until and unless that happens, we'll continue to go nowhere.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:44 am

Once Terry retires you guys will have a long term manager Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 am

Art Morte wrote:Given Chelsea's extreme trigger-happy approach to their managerial position, I think it's Abramovich only. Can't believe any board would fire managers like Chelsea have done.

guess which is more important to them, theyre cushy jobs with over the top wages or the future of the Football Club
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:02 am

fatman123 wrote:

guess which is more important to them, theyre cushy jobs with over the top wages or the future of the Football Club

Even if they (the board) were these greedy bastards you believe they are, why would that lead to them sacking managers left, right and centre? There's no bonus in that.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Even if your name is Jose Mourhinio, if you say no to Abramovich you dont last long, so when he decides its time to sack the manager these guys all nod and agree and then collect their big fat pay cheques
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:30 am

Basically Abra is advised by the board. Abra has the final decision true but everything starts at the advisers table.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:48 am

I find it hard that everyone on the board can mostly unanimously (as I'm assuming they would not advise if everyone wasn't on board...ahh, see what I did there?) be wanting to sack managers left and right.

I mean, surely not everyone on the board can think that way? I think a large part of it is Abra, but I could be wrong. Of course, none of us truly know what goes on back there.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:02 pm

true, none of us really know whats going on behind doors. but anyways the club is doing some stupid stuff lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 am

2-0 defecit to make up, less than 20 minutes to go, need goals quick, subs on a centerback for a centerback and a leftback for a leftback.

#FSWlogic
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 am

Can't this season end already so we can get rid of him? :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 am

Kick wrote:Can't this season end already so we can get rid of him? :facepalm:
Why wait til season's end?

Steve Holland for First-Team Interim-Interim Manager!! drinking
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Kick wrote:Can't this season end already so we can get rid of him? :facepalm:
Why wait til season's end?

Steve Holland for First-Team Interim-Interim Manager!! drinking

Anyone but FSW, I thought that was obvious from the start!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down