Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Messi makes history - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi makes history

Post by gondov Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 am

nandrolona wrote:
gondov wrote:
nandrolona wrote:

Not nearly as many penalties as Messi. Laughing

So in your opinion, Messi is still an inferior player to Muller?

I never said that. You're just insecure about something. That's why you started bringing assists etc. into the conversation.

Smile

I never claimed you did, LOL.

Its a simple question..do you or do you not ? Thats why I repeated the question.

I never saw Muller play, and I just wanted to hear from the perspective of someone who has either watched him play or seems to know a lot about him

His stats prove he was a class act and scored in very big games. Thats a good thing, for Messi, at least. He is not just breaking some ordinary Joe's record Laughing

gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:27 am

Congratulations Messi! But lets not get too worked up... He did score those goals in more matches than Muller did... Not saying Muller is the better player (which he definately isn't...) but any fan/person has to consider that fact.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 am

This was too good not to be posted:

Astronomically, there is only one month out of 12 called Leo.

But 2012 has been the year of another Lio - and the king of football was crowned as the greatest goal-scorer ever last night.

:bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:18 am

It is sad to see some people comparing a vulture to one of the greatest players of all time. :facepalm: I know my dad can be biased (he is Argentine and he also hates German football) but according to him Müller used to wander inside the penalty area for 90 minutes waiting for balls to be played to him for tap ins. Now how many of Messi's goals have been like that?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 am

danyjr wrote:It is sad to see some people comparing a vulture to one of the greatest players of all time. :facepalm: I know my dad can be biased (he is Argentine and he also hates German football) but according to him Müller used to wander inside the penalty area for 90 minutes waiting for balls to be played to him for tap ins. Now how many of Messi's goals have been like that?

I don't think anyone is comparing Messi to Muller but I do agree with the last sentence.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I would assume Jiopsi knows how many pens Messi scored this season. I tried googling Muller's amount but couldn't find it anywhere.
Gerd Müller was known to be a horrible penalty taker, so he rarely was allowed to try his luck from the spot.

From: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/der-naechste-streich-von-messi-gerd-muellers-torrekord-geknackt/news/anzeigen_107573.html
Der 67 Jahre alte Müller scheint es gelassen zu nehmen. «Ich freue mich sehr für Lionel Messi. Er ist momentan der beste Spieler der Welt, und es macht einfach Spaß, ihm zuzusehen», wurde er in der Zeitung «Die Welt» (Mittwoch) bereits vor Messis Rekordstreich zitiert. «Mir persönlich bedeuten Rekorde nicht viel, aber wenn es jemand verdient hat, mich zu überholen, dann Messi.»

67-year old [Gerd] Müller takes it serenely. "I'm very happy for Lionel Messi. He is currently the best player in the world, and it is just fun to watch him", Müller was quoted in the [German] newspaper 'Die Welt' on Wednesday even before Messi took the record. "Personally, I'm not really interested in records, but if somebody deserves to overtake me, it is Messi."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Percival Faust Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 am

rwo power wrote:"Personally, I'm not really interested in records, but if somebody deserves to overtake me, it is Messi."

And Klose once he scores 2 more goals for the National Team.

Dr. Percival Faust
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 pm

danyjr wrote:It is sad to see some people comparing a vulture to one of the greatest players of all time. :facepalm: I know my dad can be biased (he is Argentine and he also hates German football) but according to him Müller used to wander inside the penalty area for 90 minutes waiting for balls to be played to him for tap ins. Now how many of Messi's goals have been like that?

There is nothing wrong with being at the right place at the right time first of all and he has scored many goals that are nothing like that anyways. What counts is that the ball is in the goal. Flashiness doesn't win. Scoring does.

But I do share the sentiment with your father. I hate Argentinian football. A bunch of whiners and sore losers.
nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:38 pm

So this is really counted as a Messi goal by people? Doesn't even seem like the ball is clearly on its way in before the defender touches it. Clear own goal.
nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Well check this video of one of the Mulers goals: http://www.marca.com/2012/12/05/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1354721749.html

This was counted as Muller goal when it is clear own-goal, so your argument is invalid.

Anyways, its not like he wont score more goals in next two - three games.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Nandrolona more butthurt than Muller himself Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 pm

nandrolona wrote:

So this is really counted as a Messi goal by people? Doesn't even seem like the ball is clearly on its way in before the defender touches it. Clear own goal.
Don't worry Messi has two more league games to add another 3-4 goals Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Nandrolona more butthurt than Muller himself Laughing
Actually Gerd Müller didn't sound butthurt at all. In one interview he mentioned that he never thought it would take that long for his number of goals to be surpassed in the first place Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 pm

gondov wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I would assume Jiopsi knows how many pens Messi scored this season. I tried googling Muller's amount but couldn't find it anywhere.
And you'll never find it, he scored all of the goals from in-game

It began on January 20, 1972, with a game away at Fortuna Dusseldorf. On a foggy, damp afternoon, Muller had a very quiet game - until the 70th minute. Franz Krauthausen took a corner and tipped it to Uli Hoeness, who sent in a cross, which Fortuna's goalkeeper Wilfried Woyke misjudged. Muller headed home from close range for the only goal of the game.

Muller's football year ended on December 20, 1972, with a cup game against Barmbek-Uhlenhorst, a club based in Hamburg and at that time in the second division. He opened the scoring in the third minute from a Hoeness pass, then he made it 5-0 on 57 minutes when he moved past a defender and the goalkeeper in the tightest of spaces and just walked across the line with the ball at his feet. Four minutes from time, he completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot

scratch

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1228330/hesse:-looking-for-gerd-muller-goals?cc=5739
hmmm I can swear to god I thought and heard from old ppl and even on tv he didn't scored penalties ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:50 pm

The weird German guy stop fapping about a player you never saw play. Gerd Muller is a legend of the sport no doubt about it the stats show it. Stop acting like you were there when he broke the record. Gerd Muller accepted it an congratulated messi on tha accomplishment you should do the same.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 pm

rwo power wrote:Actually Gerd Müller didn't sound butthurt at all. In one interview he mentioned that he never thought it would take that long for his number of goals to be surpassed in the first place Very Happy
I'm aware of this, just pointing out that nondralona seems to care more about Messi breaking the record than Gerd himself, which is ironic. But yeah, Gerd is not butthurt about it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm

DeviAngel wrote:hmmm I can swear to god I thought and heard from old ppl and even on tv he didn't scored penalties ...
I guess that's because it is true in a way - he rarely *scored* penalties, so he rarely was allowed to take them XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm

You are not the only one Devi, I read he scored 0 penalties in that run.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Müller scored at least 3 penalties in his run. But if we are to compare goals by individuality and quality, Messi is probably the most impressive goal scorer ever. Less than half of his goals are directly assisted, quality forward (Cronaldo etc) will have at least 70% goals directly assisted, normal striker (RvP etc) about 80%. Müller was a striker/poacher which usually tend to have about 85-90% goals directly fed to the scoring area.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

This is noce and all but noone gave a *** a few weeks asgo. Basically the medias way of trying to make Messi greater (as if he bloody needs it). What next. Player to score goals with his most dominat foot? record of dribbling behind the half way line? I mean come on....noone cares....

At least Barcelona fans can't come out and say "Ronaldo only wants goals..."

brb Messi sulked in 2011 because he was on the bench and ROnaldo won the pichichi.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am

jibers wrote:This is noce and all but noone gave a *** a few weeks asgo. Basically the medias way of trying to make Messi greater (as if he bloody needs it). What next. Player to score goals with his most dominat foot? record of dribbling behind the half way line? I mean come on....noone cares....

At least Barcelona fans can't come out and say "Ronaldo only wants goals..."

brb Messi sulked in 2011 because he was on the bench and ROnaldo won the pichichi.
Lol your post just screams butthurt, if you do not care why get so upset or bother making a big deal about it?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 am

jibers wrote:brb Messi sulked in 2011 because he was on the bench and ROnaldo won the pichichi.

He didn't sulk. He was busy preparing Manchester United's annihilation in the CL final.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 am

I think many people out there wouldn't even know about Mueller's record (which of course is now the former record) if it wasn't for Messi chasing it and beating it.

Anyways... Great player. Astonishing to see it being done. Still few games left. He can make it to the 90s in all honesty. And then maybe it will juz stand forever and ever. Or he can juz go on and beat whatever he sets this year, next year.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 am

jiopsi wrote:Müller scored at least 3 penalties in his run. But if we are to compare goals by individuality and quality, Messi is probably the most impressive goal scorer ever. Less than half of his goals are directly assisted, quality forward (Cronaldo etc) will have at least 70% goals directly assisted, normal striker (RvP etc) about 80%. Müller was a striker/poacher which usually tend to have about 85-90% goals directly fed to the scoring area.

Source?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

At the end of the day if you score a penalty it's still a goal... And a goal is a goal. Doesn't matter how you score it. I mean, C'mon why all the hating. Juz admire the guy's greatness while you can.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 am

How is Alexis Sanchez not in the victims list?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next