danyjr
The Sanchez
Valkyrja
free_cat
the xcx
messixaviesta
11 posters

Go down

Picking Fifpro World XI And Uefa Team Of The Year For 2012 Empty Picking Fifpro World XI And Uefa Team Of The Year For 2012

Post by messixaviesta Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 pm

This time I decided that instead of voting for my favorites, I will try to vote for who all I think should make the team. Hence you will see a few players in my lineup who you probably know I absolutely detest. This is essentially about the year 2012. I am not trying to compare the players on overall talent. Also I decided to vote for the very same players in both Fifa's and Uefa's teams. Its kind of an attempt to predict the final selction. So trying to be as unbiased as possible here is my selection. I am keen to know the selections of others.

Iker Casillas

Ashley Cole

Pepe

Vincent Kompany

Sergio Ramos

Andrea Pirlo

Xavi

Andres Iniesta

Cristiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi

Radamel Falcao

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Picking Fifpro World XI And Uefa Team Of The Year For 2012 Empty Re: Picking Fifpro World XI And Uefa Team Of The Year For 2012

Post by the xcx Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:54 pm

I would pick Thiago Silva ahead of Ramos tbf. Rest is spot on tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Picking Fifpro World XI And Uefa Team Of The Year For 2012 Empty Re: Picking Fifpro World XI And Uefa Team Of The Year For 2012

Post by free_cat Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 pm

iker casillas has been far from the best goalkeeper this year. error plagued season from him. Cech or Neuer way better Imo.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 pm

free_cat wrote:iker casillas has been far from the best goalkeeper this year. error plagued season from him. Cech or Neuer way better Imo.

what to say about Xavi ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:37 pm

messixaviesta wrote:This time I decided that instead of voting for my favorites, I will try to vote for who all I think should make the team. Hence you will see a few players in my lineup who you probably know I absolutely detest. This is essentially about the year 2012. I am not trying to compare the players on overall talent. Also I decided to vote for the very same players in both Fifa's and Uefa's teams. Its kind of an attempt to predict the final selction. So trying to be as unbiased as possible here is my selection. I am keen to know the selections of others.

Iker Casillas

Ashley Cole

Pepe

Vincent Kompany

Sergio Ramos

Andrea Pirlo

Xavi

Andres Iniesta

Cristiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi

Radamel Falcao

This. Don't know who else would be on this list tbh...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:56 am

I'd replace:
Iker with Neuer
Pepe with Ramos (CB)
Xavi with Özil
Falcao with Drogba
RB is a tough call, perhaps Dani Alves, even though he didn't have an amazing season to be honest.
Undecided over Thiago Silva or Kompany. I think both had very good seasons.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 am

Dont know where to put but Silva deserves to be there....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Well the Fifpro results didn't match with my selection but people all over the world seem to be quite discontented with the results. A few picks seem unconvincing at best. I am hoping the Uefa team of the year will gain more acceptance.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:50 pm

danyjr wrote:I'd replace:
Iker with Neuer
Pepe with Ramos (CB)
Xavi with Özil
Falcao with Drogba
RB is a tough call, perhaps Dani Alves, even though he didn't have an amazing season to be honest.
Undecided over Thiago Silva or Kompany. I think both had very good seasons.

How can you pick Drogba before Falcao when Drogba only played 5 good matches the entire season?

This would me my pick...

Cech

Ashley Cole

Ramos/Pepe( Evil or Very Mad )

T.Silva

Lahm(?)

Yaya

Pirlo

Iniesta

Messi

Falcao

Cristiano Ronaldo

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Are there any rules btw in terms of selection?

Do you have to choose a rightback for example? Can you put the player selected in any way you like? For example a back 3?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I've filled out a few of these sort of things over the years on the FIFA website and they always choose a 4-3-3 formation. Probably because it is a formation that provides a realistic approach and almost equal opportunities for defenders, midfielders and attackers (in the broad sense obviously, as far as you can label players) to get on the line up. To keep things as fair as possible for the nominees, I assume they do not let you change the formation.

From what I remember, they do try to keep it somewhat realistic, which would - for instance - mean that if Dani Alves is part of the 23 players to choose from he will only show up as an option for the RB position. This obviously differs per player, so some players can be chosen for more than 1 position.

I actually thought the FIFPro world XI was chosen by the fans (which I now know is not the case), but it is reasonable to assume, especially based on the final result, that the rules mentioned above also apply when players are asked to choose their best XI.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Cech
Chiellini Hummels Barzagli
Pirlo
Xavi Iniesta
Messi
CR Falcao RVP

Unbalanced as f*ck and would never work but not one fullback was outstanding and there's too many outstanding attacking midfielders/forwards to ignore them all for the case of realism.

FYI if i had to go 4 at the back it would be this....

Cech
Lichtsteiner Chiellini Hummels Alba
Pirlo
Xavi Iniesta
Messi RVP CR

Also if i picked a team for this in May; Iniesta, Xavi and Alba wouldn't have made it, but they have been so outstanding since then while the likes of Ozil and others have been non-existent.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Honestly, If I did this it would have to be with 3 at the back.

No two fullbacks deserve it, not even one fullback really.

I like Mole's first team though I would need to really think about the back 3 and the inclusion of Ibrahimovic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Honestly Ibra, RVP and Falcao all deserve spots, honestly i'd consider it a matter of a preference.

The back 3 to me was also a preference but i can see a totally different 3 being just as legitimate.

I could have honestly put CR, Messi, RVP, Falcao and Ibra in and took out a defender but that would just be insanity. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm

I think all 5 had better years than nearly all midfielders and defenders so I see where you coming from honestly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm

All, you all have made some very interesting comments and asked a few questions as well. Let me see if I can add something worthwhile.

For the Fifa team, a back four is compulsory as is three midfielders and three forwards. However there is no further restriction. In 2010 for example Puyol, Pique and Lucio were all picked at the expense of a left back.

Uefa's team has changed format this time and become very flexible. Even three defender formations are allowed but still there is a choice between five select formations which means mole's fantasy idea of five forwards cannot be accomodated.

mole, you really think both Chiellini and Barzagli deserve to be there as opposed to so many other defenders?

Can anyone explain to me why Kompany is being ignored so much? I ask a similar question about Pepe as well.

The striker question is a good one. If we have a third who should it be? I suppose we all largely agree that the choice is between Falcao, van Persie and Ibrahimovic and its very tight. I went for Falcao because van Persie flopped in the Euros which was his only blemish but significant one and Falcao showed a knack for really standing out in the big games. That and his excellent second half of the season where he has been neck to neck with C.Ronaldo in the La Liga goal scoring charts made me choose him over Ibrahimovic.

Lastly I would really like to see the final teams of those who haven't stated their choices yet such as dani.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Kompany? Monsterous in the PL, disasterous in the CL.

Pepe is a crazy hooligan who has a tendency for error. Terrible at set peices.

Both of them have the talent and quality worthy of being there, but have something missing in their heads preventing them.

JD, I cant do a final team with that format you said. I refuse to pick player who dont deserve it but have to be there because of something as unimportant as formation.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Well, the Uefa team of the year has been revealed and it seems this selection will get more universal acceptance than the Fifpro one.

I managed to pick only one defender. Kompany, Pepe and A.Cole were all ignored.

Instead of three forwards there are four midfielders which means Ozil wins over Falcao or any of the others who you thought was the third best forward.

The rest of the lineup is just what almost all of us thought.

Lastly please allow me a moment of indulgence because the player who got the maximum votes even ahead of Lionel Messi is Andres Iniesta .

banana

http://en.toty.uefa.com/results.html

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Kompany? Monsterous in the PL, disasterous in the CL.

Pepe is a crazy hooligan who has a tendency for error. Terrible at set peices.

Both of them have the talent and quality worthy of being there, but have something missing in their heads preventing them.

JD, I cant do a final team with that format you said. I refuse to pick player who dont deserve it but have to be there because of something as unimportant as formation.

dani, thanks for the reply.

So UCL went against Kompany. I had a similar thought.

About Pepe, no argument but he was said to have been the best defender at the Euro. I guess trophies change everything and Pique is thus there in spite of a not so great year individually.

You can go for three defender formations with no full backs - a 343 or something of that kind.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down