+3
juventus101
FilthyLuca
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Zamparini tips Euro Juventus  Empty Zamparini tips Euro Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini thinks that a Juventus side made up of ‘normal’ players could reach the Champions League Final.

Speaking to Radio Radio ahead of this weekend’s Serie A game between the two sides, Zamparini hailed the Old Lady following their win at Shakhtar Donetsk.

“I saw a really strong Juventus last night,” he stated. “They played a great game at a tough place against a very good team.

“I’m impressed by their dynamism and rhythm. On an athletic level, they have 10 gears more than everyone else.

“I think they could be protagonists until the end in Europe, they could reach the Final.

“You have to praise boss Antonio Conte because this Juve, apart from Andrea Pirlo, is made up of normal players.”

Turning to Sunday’s Stadio Barbera clash, Zamparini admitted that he is worried.

“I hope they are a little bit tired after yesterday,” he added. “The game against Juventus comes at the worst possible time.

“Nothing is going right for us as we are playing well, but not scoring. Fabrizio Miccoli thinks we’ll win 2-1 and I hope he’s right.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Zamparini tips Euro Juventus  Empty Re: Zamparini tips Euro Juventus

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 pm

He's not a very good talent evaluator, at all. Vidal and marchisio are the two best box-to-box midfielders in the world. asamoah chews up and spits out everyone he come up against on the left, with no right foot mind you. and yeah, chiellini is just a regular player, as well as buffon. clown

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 pm

OYea, thats idiotic. Chiellini in my opinion is the best CB in the world, or at least Top 3. Pirlo is the best regista in the world. Marchisio is the second nest box to.box mid in the world only after Schweinsteiger. Vidal is the best DM in the world, or tied for 2nd best b2b with Marchisio if you consider Vidal a b2b. Barzagli last season was a tpp 5 CB and this season is still top 10. Bonucci recently is performing even better than Chiellini and Barzagli so thats saying something. Vucinic is the best SS in Serie A. Lichsteiner is a Top 5 Fullback, and aguably the best in Serie A. Buffon is among the Top 3 GKs in the world, and considered by some to be the best. Zamp is an idiot.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 pm

i wouldn't be as sure...

we already saw the UCL effect in Milan game...no gas in the tank..lack of concentration..relaxation and complacence

but conte will be on the bench!!! :coffee:
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I don't think he meant any insult by saying normal players. I actually agree with his statement because the only super world class player on our team is Pirlo and Buffon. Players like Marchisio and Vidal are great, but they are also just good balanced players with a lot of skills. They are not extraordinary at any particular skill like a super star player like Ronaldo or Messi.

He is actually complimenting the team and saying that we play well as a unit instead of being loaded with big names like Man City or Real Madrid.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Juventude wrote:I don't think he meant any insult by saying normal players. I actually agree with his statement because the only super world class player on our team is Pirlo and Buffon. Players like Marchisio and Vidal are great, but they are also just good balanced players with a lot of skills. They are not extraordinary at any particular skill like a super star player like Ronaldo or Messi.

He is actually complimenting the team and saying that we play well as a unit instead of being loaded with big names like Man City or Real Madrid.

I disagree because of the source of the quote
Its Zamparini
The same man who fires manager after manager
The same man who said Pastore was world class
The same man who sold Cavani for peanuts (in comparison with Amauri and Pastore) when he is the superior player of the three

If Pastore is world class
Then Pirlo is out of this world, first of all.
Marchisio and Vidal are certainly world class, as is the rest of the team is minus the attack. Starting 11 I mean.

I believe Marchisio and Vidal are world class, they have been at this level for their second season and really haven't suggested otherwise on many occasions. Are they superstars like Ronaldo or Messi? Something tells me your emphasis may be on goals, well Vidal is Juventus' leading scorer and Marchisio chips in too. That doesn't mean they aren't influential, the midfield is where Juventus wins or loses games, so I don't think their value can be quantified.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Agreed with Luca, bar the strikeforce (Vucinic is WC on his game in every department apart from goals, which is kind of the most important aspect of a striker) our team is made up of players in the highest tier.

I don't think people who watch Juventus on a regular basis can really say Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Licht, Vidal, Marchisio, Asamoah ect are not as good as other 'top' players who play similar roles. Not to mention Buffon who I should not really have to make a case for after all this time at the top.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:47 pm

TomJuve wrote:Agreed with Luca, bar the strikeforce (Vucinic is WC on his game in every department apart from goals, which is kind of the most important aspect of a striker) our team is made up of players in the highest tier.

I don't think people who watch Juventus on a regular basis can really say Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Licht, Vidal, Marchisio, Asamoah ect are not as good as other 'top' players who play similar roles. Not to mention Buffon who I should not really have to make a case for after all this time at the top.

Vuci's job is to create chances, hold the ball and make sick passes in Conte's tactics.

now on topic

Actually what makes Pirlo so good is his passes and the position he plays in because it's his position and he is so good in that that he is World Class in his position. Vidal for me is world class in his position b2b and Marchisio is world class player in every look in his position and the most underrated player and he can play anything than comes Chiellini who is WC player, Bonucci ain't , bonucci is just a good-great player nothing more YET remember he is 23.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 am

DeviAngel wrote:
TomJuve wrote:Agreed with Luca, bar the strikeforce (Vucinic is WC on his game in every department apart from goals, which is kind of the most important aspect of a striker) our team is made up of players in the highest tier.

Vuci's job is to create chances, hold the ball and make sick passes in Conte's tactics.

now on topic

Actually what makes Pirlo so good is his passes and the position he plays in because it's his position and he is so good in that that he is World Class in his position. Vidal for me is world class in his position b2b and Marchisio is world class player in every look in his position and the most underrated player and he can play anything than comes Chiellini who is WC player, Bonucci ain't , bonucci is just a good-great player nothing more YET remember he is 23.

Bonucci is 25, but lets remember that he has a lot of years ahead of him and I think he'll only get better
I agree that Bonucci may not be world class but he has been performing at a very high level for months now and that's fantastic to see.

The point about Vucinic, he does have more responsibilities than the other strikers, I would agree with that. However, to say he doesn't have to score to be effective would be false. He shoots just as much as Giovinco and Quagliarella, and to be honest, when he plays 90 minutes he takes even more shots. He also misses chances, like the one against Chelsea which we need him to score. His finishing needs to be better, I was really impressed with him last season but so far, this season, he leaves a lot to be desired.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm

in retrospect, I don't know if we'll win the scudetto because of the UCL.
But I doubt anyones going to score on buffon in 2 games, so im confident abut the champions league.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:I don't think he meant any insult by saying normal players. I actually agree with his statement because the only super world class player on our team is Pirlo and Buffon. Players like Marchisio and Vidal are great, but they are also just good balanced players with a lot of skills. They are not extraordinary at any particular skill like a super star player like Ronaldo or Messi.

I disagree because of the source of the quote
Its Zamparini
The same man who fires manager after manager
The same man who said Pastore was world class
The same man who sold Cavani for peanuts (in comparison with Amauri and Pastore) when he is the superior player of the three

If Pastore is world class
Then Pirlo is out of this world, first of all.
Marchisio and Vidal are certainly world class, as is the rest of the team is minus the attack. Starting 11 I mean.

I believe Marchisio and Vidal are world class, they have been at this level for their second season and really haven't suggested otherwise on many occasions. Are they superstars like Ronaldo or Messi? Something tells me your emphasis may be on goals, well Vidal is Juventus' leading scorer and Marchisio chips in too. That doesn't mean they aren't influential, the midfield is where Juventus wins or loses games, so I don't think their value can be quantified.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm well aware of Zamp's history with Juventus, but I also think people like to make a big deal over the simplest of statements. I really do believe that he didn't mean any harm by it. I actually view it as a compliment for the way we play as a team.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum