Mickeyz
tsgooner1
Freeza
Guiltybystander
cyberman
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who should you be really supporting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who should you be really supporting?

Post by Eman Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:42 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Eman wrote:The closest somewhat-important team are Toronto FC of the MLS. I do follow them loosely, and have been to a couple of their games, but they are not exactly the best MLS team (just signed Torsten Frings though Very Happy)

Actually, the closest team to me is the Windsor Stars, but they were only founded this year and only play in the Canadian Soccer League Rolling Eyes

We have the best fans though lol,I went to few games crazy place. I use to know the former coach and he use give tickets every game.
Yeah, TFC fans do their best to help the team, and it is not as though TFC is the only Toronto sports team which disappoints their fans Laughing. One day, the team will reward them. Hopefully soon, maybe then I will actually go to more games!

And that sounds awesome. TFC needs to get a good coach and stop switching management.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who should you be really supporting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who should you be really supporting?

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:15 am

The New Zealand Knights were the only professional club in New Zealand, and now they are defunct. So can't blame me there.

Wellington Phoenix started up in 2007, and add to that- they don't represent my city. So can't blame me there.

My local team is Auckland City FC. An amateur club with a couple of semi-professionals. Their games are not televised, their ground is like a park (doesn't think it has a grandstand, not even terraces or a grass hill). So can't blame me there.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:17 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Galway United FTW

(one of the worst teams on FIFA)

AT least on FIFA Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:33 am

I should probably be supporting Tamil nadu but they dont play any league football.We dont have any real professional league based on regions so i never is really is interested in domestic football.So u cant really blame me.

Only football club i love and is interested is Liverpool FC.Domestically its cricket for me all the way.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:35 am

BeautifulGame wrote:I should probably be supporting Tamil nadu but they dont play any league football.We dont have any real professional league based on regions so i never is really is interested in domestic football.So u cant really blame me.

Only football club i love and is interested is Liverpool FC.Domestically its cricket for me all the way.

Viva Kerela? Very Happy
Nothing here in New delhi.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 am

Galaxy and Chivas U.S.A.. here in L.A.

Galaxy all the way!
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:52 am

Grew up in Munich...
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 am

Chelsea -__-. Been supporting Milan since 3 or 4, so I'm no glory hunter Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:46 am

Here's a question, though: is there even an answer for "who should you be really supporting?"

I think it's a stupid debate. Geography or bloodline (this one's a bit more sensitive, but think of it this way - your mom shouldn't limit you to who you support) should have no say in what deems a club that you should "rightly support". So long as a person has a good reason on why he/she supports that club, I say it's a go.

Look at me, for example. We don't have a big football league in my country (we have smaller semi-professional ones but they're really inaccessible), and it's only recently that we're starting to make the national team more accessible to the general populace. Does that mean I have no right to watch/support whatever club that isn't here?
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:50 am

Perth Glory since I grew up in WA. At the moment it would be Melbourne Victory.

A-League sucks more ass than a $3 hooker on a Friday night though......

Back to top Go down

Post by pdolson Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:08 am

Crimson wrote:Perth Glory since I grew up in WA. At the moment it would be Melbourne Victory.

at least you have an a league team, i'm from canberra.

canebrra cosmos ftw!

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:08 am

Crimson wrote:Perth Glory since I grew up in WA. At the moment it would be Melbourne Victory.

It does, that's why I support neither Wellington (Born) nor Adelaide united (currently living).

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:08 am

Really it should be QPR.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 am

STPS, a local team in a small town in Finland who play, like, in 6th division. I'm sure many posters here would walk into that team.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 am

Kandy SC.... Razz I think they have a football team. They surely do have a Rugby team.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:06 am

Not that bad. A team that could ve won CL if not for Marseille in the semis-Spartak Moscow.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:36 am

San Jose Earthquakes.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 pm

This thread is very intriguing 🐷
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Uhm...

Melbourne Victory?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2