Mamad
Valkyrja
Die Borussen
Cyborg
Onyx
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah, I agree with sam.
We don't have a consistent aerial threat up front besides morata and ronaldo (who is on the wing in the first place and is not putting away his headers like he used to). Us fans can attribute to the two disallowed goals for benzema, but we need to look at the big picture.

First of all, mistakes like the first goal where di maria is at fault WILL always happen. Players are not perfect. It's about the tactics and toning down those mistakes.

Di maria had no options, he had no choice to do what he did. Mou wants to force play to the wingers and just run it down the touch line with the fullback supporting.
now, when we get near the final third through the middle we have no options so we spread it to the wing. Now here's the problem; what to do from there. Cross, lay it off? The thing is, whatever the team is doing from there is NOT working, and it is down to a lack of creativity and tactics. At one point during the game we had like 4 people up front going for the ball in the middle, and ramos was incredibly unlucky not to bury one, yes, but this is not reliable without a targetman like player. The same exact situation happened vs getafe as well. WHAT the hell are we doing? build up play, get stuck in the hole, drop it to the wings, lose it with a crap cross, rinse, repeat.
We aren't man u. We can't play this style, bar ronaldo who has played this before and is used to it.

This is all mous fault. Now, don't get me wrong mou is an excellent manager in my opinion, and is a bit too criticized at times for the wrong reasons. But the fault lays with him. I am confident he can turn this around, because if he doesn't, we are going to lose more games.

Secondly, kind of part of the first point, we need to utilize the creativity and not stiffle it. I am of the opinion that ozil working under mou has been a double edged sword for ozil. While he has become more efficient, he sometimes is too simple and loses the ball cheaply. In my opinion he has forgotten the flair that he needs and that has provided him assists.
Alonso, modric are not getting the ball in advanced positions, and NEED TO, they are the midfield and they need to dictate the play. Again down to tactics..

Just my thoughts, I apologize if its disorganized as I am very pissed off from the game.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by buddytaller Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Too many players had bad games today and it cost us, Ozil, Khedira and Di Maria were particularly bad, Mourinho took them all out but the harm had already been done. Fair play to Betis, they looked more motivated in attack in the first half and defended as a team in the second half.

It's time to move on, la liga is almost slipping away but the Champions League and the Copa are up for grabs, I hope Marcelo gets fit early, I miss him and Ronaldo terrorizing the left wing.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Marcelo is a huge asset to ronaldo for sure. It feels different watching ronaldo without marcelo. They make each other look good
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am

Make a parallel between Ozil from Real Madrid and Ozil from Germany. Make him the focal point, instead of Ronaldo and see the difference in our build-up.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:23 am

There's too much wing play, crossing and we're too direct.

We need to use the middle and use technical football to create chances. We're getting a bit too predictable.

It's currently like

Pepe----Alonso---Ramos

CM
massive gap

Arbeloa
Di Maria--------Ozil-------------Ronaldo---Coentrao
------------------Benzema

Alonso looks for that super direct pass out wide and then some sort of cross happens. Instead players need to play closer to each other and that 'massive gap' needs to go.

That way our possession play/creating chances will improve and we'll get the best out of Modric too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 am

Higuain as CF would be handy for this game.

I don't think Ozil should have been taken out that early. He played key role behind almost every attack & chances we had in first half. After we're conceded at minutes 17, he created both the play and final pass for our best chance to equalize in that half which Di Maria should have put in. Recently he also tent to have a better second half than first half, ex: Dortmund match. I don't think keeping him longer would do more harm than keeping Di Maria who got everything wrong or Benzema who's largely invisible throughout the second half. Mourinho need to trust him more like he did when he let Ozil stayed in Barcelona and Dortmund match where it eventually payed off.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2